twenty-two

ARIES: You forgot that I pretend my issues don't exist.

C A L U M

CALUM SUBDUED HIS infuriated older sister, a string of curses due to his irresponsibility caused Calum to leave during fifth period to prevent her from dragging him to the doctor's office herself.  Arriving thirty minutes after her heated scolding, Calum sat guiltily on the bar stool in the kitchen, Mali glared at him with her arms crossed and pills scattered across the kitchen bar table.

"Calum, we already talked about this."  This argument spiked up more than the usual topic of Mali's upcoming marriage and the living arrangements yet to be made.  Calum sighed, he scratched at his tattoo, avoiding eye contact with his impatient sister.  "Calum, look at me."

"I told you that I am fine without it."  Calum gritted his teeth, biting back his anger while he looked up at his sister, her light brown eyes conjured a mixture of disappointment and tiredness that caused Calum to feel guilt knock at his heart.  "The doctor even said I was fine without it as long as I report if I remember anything and I don't get any migraines."

"Calum, you've been starting to act like how you did when you were five."  Mali crossed her arms over her olive colored dress, it was her favorite one considering she wore it only on special occasions and it never contained one stain.  It clung tightly to her body, Calum believed that she wore it when she first met Henry since his sister was sentimental like that. 

"What the hell are you talking about?"  Calum remembered about one of his first memories after his incident; the headaches, the sleepless nights, the crying.  He didn't understand how he could've demented his behavior back to that time of his life.

"You aren't getting enough sleep -and don't you dare give me that bullshit excuse of having too much homework because I know you always finish early and you are always ahead, and your headaches have come back -I noticed that you started turning your music up all the way to mask the sounds of you punching the wall, just like before.  Calum, you need to take your pills."  A strand of blonde hair (she recently dyed her hair because of how close her wedding was) fell down to frame her tan face as she shook her head.

"My behavior wasn't because I wasn't taking my pills, Mali," Calum admitted, he didn't enjoy keeping Mali up to date about his life, but he knew for sure he didn't want her to worry about his health like before.  Mali furrowed her eyebrows as Calum bit the inside of his cheek. 

"Then what was it?"  Mali leaned onto the white kitchen counter, Calum could tell she was quite interested considering the fact that Calum never opened up to her before.  "Are you getting bullied?  Wait no, if anything, you would be the bully.  Are you getting into fights?  Please tell me you aren't fighting people again.  Calum, we talked about this already."

"No, none of those."

"Then what is it?"

"More like who is it."  Calum scoffed, oh God he forgot about all the stupid things he has done today.  "Athena Knight."

"You like Athena?" Mali gasped, a satisfied smile spread across her lips realizing that her brother's problems weren't damaging, they were just symptoms showing that he has a heart.  "Since when?  I kinda sensed it, but I never thought it would actually happen.  Did you tell her?  Did you confess?"

"I didn't confess, she did."  Calum cringed once he thought about her reasons as to why she hates -he knew she meant reasons as to why she likes him, but she had a hard time saying it- him, and his stupid response to it. 

"She confessed to you first?  I knew I rooted for the right girl this time.  Did you ask her out already?"  Mali's hazel colored eyes gleamed with excitement as Calum's embarrassment peaked to a higher extent.  "What did you say?"