thirty-four

ARIES: Pick up your halo.  Your wings aren't as dirty as you think they are.

C A L U M

IT CAME BACK.

A compilation of the collision flooded his mind as repetitive loud noises clashed on top of one another while visuals of glass shards pricked every bit of his fiber being.

It came back.

Screams punctured Calum's ears, metal against metal, tires screeching before the headlights blinded his eyes, his left hand remained gripped onto his mother while the right held his teddy bear.  Muffled sounds started to overlap each other, his name repeated nonstop while his heartbeat pumped loudly against his chest, a sudden pain felt on his arm from the shards of glass that punctured his parents.  Copper-scented blood splattered everywhere including the blood of his mother on his very hand.

"You lied to me!" Calum bitterly spat, his brain was throbbing at all the information forcing itself into his mind like an ancient book being opened for the first time in years.  It was too much for him to handle while he felt himself slowly losing grip from reality, well what kind of reality was he living in the first place since he was built up on a lie.  "You said they didn't want me.  All these years y-you said they didn't want me.  I fucking hated them, Mali.  I hated my own father.  I hated my mother who held my hand while taking her last fucking breath."

All his emotions started to pulsate through his veins.  For the first time, he felt his own anger conjure with his blood along with his wall started crashing down by the hurricane of his rage.

"I did it to protect-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Calum yelled, standing up and letting go of Athena's hand.  His chest started heaving, he needed to leave before he did something he would greatly regret.  Calum stormed out of the restaurant, not even knowing where the hell he was gonna go since the restaurant was in the middle of the city.  He could hear Athena trailing after him, calling out his name, but he didn't want to see anyone at the moment.

His dark eyes made contact with the rooftop sign on the stairs, he soon started to run up the stairs to create more distance between him and the only person who never lied to him.  His shoes clashed with the concrete stairs, the dim lights would've alerted him as suspenseful if he were in his right mind.  But right now, Calum couldn't distinguish right from wrong.

"Calum, baby, please slow down," Athena desperately commanded, but Calum continued to run until he reached the rooftop.  Chills ran up his spine due to both weather and fright, darkness swallowed him whole with speckles of city lights keeping him stable.  Suddenly, his body collided with the floor, tears starting to finally pour out like a damn tsunami.  "Calum-"

"Leave me alone," Calum yelled, hands covering ears to block out the sounds that only he could hear.

Metal against metal.

Tires screeching.

His name being screamed.

Glass breaking.

"Make it go away!" Calum sobbed out, his back against the concrete wall as he pushed himself against it to feel some sort of solidity.  Athena gripped onto his wrists despite the fact that he still covered his ears with his hands.  "I said leave me fucking alone, Athena.  Go away."

"I'm not leaving you here." Athena tried to get him to calm down, but he just wanted her to fucking leave already.

"I said leave! I'm might hurt you, Athena.  Please for fuck's sake just focus on yourself like you normally do."  There he goes again.  Bringing up Athena's only weakness so she would drop him and be so angry that she would leave.  "You can't calm me down.  You can't help me, Athena.  You just can't."