thirty-five

ARIES: If ever a Greek goddess, she would be Athena, the goddess of War and Wisdom.

A T H E N A

OBSTREPEROUS COMPLAINTS SHOT out of the pacing boy's mouth, a loose tie dangled on his neck, his unbuttoned white shirt revealed some of his tattoos that stood out among his tan skin. Tousled hair suited his frantic mindset, he couldn't stop fumbling his fingers, muttering regrets under his breath.

"Calum, you're acting like you're the one getting married." Athena groaned, tired of seeing her boyfriend stress out for the past hour now. It was almost 12 o'clock, and they weren't even ready yet. Her vision blacking out when she stood up to quickly, Athena shook her head and grabbed Calum's hand to make him stop pacing. "Baby, calm down."

"Am I actually doing this right now? I've been dreading this day ever since Mali got engaged and now it's here, and I don't know what to feel. My sister is getting married today." Calum furrowed his eyebrows, a surge of emotions implanted into his mind, he was unable to grasp onto one at once with was confusing to him. "What am I going to do?  I have to move out now, and I've never really been on my own when it—"

"Baby, you're not on your own okay? Just you and me." Athena cupped his cheeks, she wanted him to remember that he wasn't as alone as he thought he always was. He's been so fixated on the fear of loneliness that he sometimes forgot that his girlfriend wasn't gonna leave anytime soon. Athena had to admit, it kinda hurt that he disregarded that fact, but she knew how Calum was like after all.

Calum sighed, closing his eyes while trying to decompress his mind. "Just us."

"Listen to me. We're going to attend your sister's wedding, and we're going to show how happy we are for her. Not only for her but for us too. She is starting a new chapter in her life, and we are starting a new one in ours. We're going to be alright." Athena pressed a kiss to his lips before patting his chest so she could proceed finishing her makeup.

However, Calum prevented her for doing so when he grabbed her by the waist and hugged her from behind, resting his head on her shoulder. "I love you."

FuckFuckFuck.

Athena's heart began to pace as the unfamiliar words caused her lips to curve up, happiness flowing through her veins. Though it has been weeks later, Athena could still never get over him telling her those three little words that she never knew she needed until now.

"I know." Athena shrugged, trying to hide the fact that she was incredibly affected by his small actions. Calum kissed her neck softly, on the right place, before nibbling a bit on the reddening skin.

"You frustrate me so much, Princess." Calum complained while Athena struggled to be released from his grasp, she really didn't want to be late for the wedding, and she knew that Calum had the slight intention of stalling them to prevent his nerves from getting the best of him. "Say it back, and I'll let you get ready."

"I love you too, loser." Athena turned around of to fully kiss him before proceeding her makeup routine (she didn't often wear makeup everyday, but she was not about to look like a mess at Mali's wedding). "Fix your tie, babe. You look so messy."

"You said you like it when I look messy." Calum pouted, he wasn't lying though. Athena loved when his hair was messy and his voice was raspy due to just waking up, but that was only for her to see. Setting down her foundation brush, Athena pulled out her highlighter while Calum lazily fixed his tie and looked at the mirror from behind Athena. "Oh it's that thing that makes you have that shine on your cheekbone. I like that."