thirty-two

ARIES: As a girlfriend, she is the kind of "stopped you on the street" beautiful, absolutely captivating as each word she says pulls you closer to her, she always so close but so far away.

C A L U M

LUXURIATED BY COUNTLESS nights occupied with cuddling and a bunch of make-up sex, Calum realized that although he adores these stay-at-home nights, he had yet to take Athena out on their first official date as a couple. Last night, the couple was forced to join Vienna, Ashton, and Michael on a movie night, and much to Calum's dismay, it was a romance movie. He could tell that Athena enjoyed it even though she refused to admit it.

This made Calum realize that he needed to take her out on a first date, but he just didn't know where. He knew Athena had a hidden soft spot for romance, but she would never want to be that sappy couple. Taking her to the movies just seemed boring and taking her to a fine dining restaurant just wasn't them. However, Calum figured that just winging it was them. They never planned accordingly, everything just happened for them.

"Come on, get in the car." Calum stood up, interrupting their makeout session (it was a Saturday, and they were probably going to just lay down and watch shows). Athena furrowed her eyebrows, her dark brown eyes in question as her legs dangled from her bed. "I'm taking you out."

"Why?" Athena never bugged him to be the perfect person although she was the complete definition of petty at times. However, she respected that they often couldn't go out simply because of school, and money never grew on trees. "Calum, you don't have to. I'm fine just staying here."

"No, go change. I'm gonna take you out." Calum resulted in deciding to act like a tourist in their own city for a day. Even though they lived in the city, they never really had the chance to appreciate it as much as foreigners did. Athena ran a hand through her black curly hair before Calum cut her off as she opened her mouth. "I don't care if you didn't straighten your hair yet. I like it better that way."

"Calum, it is a lion's mane." Athena scowled and began rummaging through her closet, pulling out a pair of black jeans and a black ribbed halter top. Calum rolled his eyes before wrapping his arms around her and forcing her to look at the mirror.

"Then that's the cutest lion's mane I've ever seen." Calum hated the fact that Athena's mother brainwashed her into hating her own natural hair because to him, it looked absolutely flawless. Her curls weren't too tight, they were more of in the middle of wavy and extremely curly. She had thick hair that caused the curls to look soft and shiny. Athena rolled her eyes with a small smile tainted on her lips as she took off her shirt (one that she stole from Calum) and began changing.

"Stop complimenting me." Athena struggled to put on her jeans as she jumped up since they refused to go up all the way. Calum praised God that his girlfriend was thick and enjoyed seeing her butt being too big for her jeans. "I hate these jeans so much."

"I don't," Calum admitted, his eyes focused on her body while she finally got to button them up. Licking his lips, Calum was starting to want to just stay at home so they could have even more sex, but there was always next time for that. Athena reached out for her mascara and lightly applied it before putting on some Chapstick. "And for the record, I can compliment you whenever I want."

"I hate compliments," Athena mumbled, pink lips forming a small pout when she observed her hair once more. Calum grabbed her wrist and tugged her towards the door so they could leave already. Athena had this weird habit of not wanting to accept compliments simply because she did not believe they were true. "Where are we going anyways?"

"You'll see."

Athena ended up sleeping in the car because she was exhausted from their quite eventful night last night. Calum tried to keep his road rage stored deep into his mind even though he so desperately wanted to murder all the idiots who didn't deserve their licenses whatsoever. The city was gloomy again, but Calum preferred the light grey skies over the bright blue any day. The pedestrians clogged the road as he struggled to find a parking lot that wouldn't charge him 20 dollars an hour.