twenty-one

ARIES: When sad, they are very pushy, mean, and slightly aggressive, but they are just in need of a supportive hug.

A T H E N A

IGNOMINIOUS THOUGHTS CIRCLED Athena's mind, her instincts sensitive to the minuscule movements performed by the indecisive boy shifting from slouching to concentrating on the blue pigmented board, eyes deep in thought after a lost look mimicked his reaction.

Athena knew deep down that she should've thought twice before ambitiously confessing about things she loved about Calum only to have him claim that he was rejecting her for her benefit, not his.

What kind of bullshit was that?

She didn't want him to be so cautious about hurting her; Athena felt like that aspect didn't even matter that much. She could handle the pressures and pains that would've come her way, she'd do it all for him, but he wouldn't do that for her.

She was a fool who would've done anything just to make him happy, a fool who maybe overdosed on her feelings for a boy who made her feel important in life for once.

Don't fucking cry.

Athena's nails dug into her wrists, heavy imprints on her skin, her bracelet pushed back to allow her to feel physical pain to block out the emotional pain creeping up on her. Athena never self-harmed, she never even thought of harming herself, but she needed a distraction just for the moment. She couldn't cry right now, not when he's right next to her.

Bottom lip between her teeth, Athena internally scolded herself once she felt her eyes start to water, her mind was now full of cuss words directed at her own self, God she was so angry right now.

Along with their tardy teacher walked in a boy Athena has never seen before, black hair tousled into a fluffy mess, his eyes almost perceived as those of someone who forgot the necessity of sleep. "Class, we have a new student. Please introduce yourself."

Licking his lips, his lifeless eyes scanned the room, a chilling shade of ice blue stared deep into Athena's eyes as a slight smirk appeared on his lips. "My name is Grey."

"And you are from?" The old teacher crossed her arms, her voice with its usual sharp edge as the girls in class began to swoon over the new kid.

"Riverside High School. I got expelled for drugs." A stupid cocky tone traveled out of his throat, Athena knew that this kid was a wannabe druggie the second he bragged about it.

"Well then welcome to Villa Park High School." Riverside High School was basically the higher class school compared to Villa Park. It was basically deep within the suburbs, the school reeked of high maintenance mothers and kids with more money than socially acceptable.

"Trust me, the girls in this room make me love this school was more than my previous one."

"You can sit in front of Athena, Athena raise your hand please." Lazily holding up her forearm, Athena already knew this kid was going to cause some shit in class.

The class gradually returned back to their chatter, Grey dropped his backpack onto the floor, his cologne was an overpowering scent of some type of musky scent that didn't seem to be pleasant in Athena's opinion.

"Hey, can you show me around?" Grey turned around to face Athena —who was in fact trying to prevent her feelings from pouring out of her damn eyes. "The dean showed me around, but I'd pay more attention if a cute girl showed me around."

Athena rolled her eyes (externally now), she thought the school already had enough fuckboys, but she indeed was proven wrong. "Fuck off."

"Pretty girls shouldn't cuss like that," Grey teased, the girls in their class giggled as he flashed a smirk at them. Athena questioned herself one last time as to why out of all days a new kid had to appear and choose to bother her. "Your beauty shouldn't be trashed with such foul language, you know? Girls at my previous school were pretty, not as pretty as you of course, but them cussing just ruined it all."