thirty-one

ARIES: I'd be careful if I were you. Mistakes are prone to be repeated if you insist on ignoring them.

A T H E N A

SILENCE INVADED THE household once her voice faded into the harsh wall set up between all communications used in attempt to explain everything and apologies thrown his way. His eyes refused to meet hers anymore, he didn't even show anger unlike what she would've done. His door silently closed in front of her, no harsh words to backlash her, just silence.

Silence.

Athena never hated such emptiness until now. She always wanted to resolve everything, but you can't really solve anything with silence, can you? Hours passed before she finally stopped leaning onto the white door, begging her brother to open and listen to her. Wiping away the tears in her eyes, she realized that she might as well solve her other problem before this one.

Right after Michael stormed off earlier, Athena combusted with emotions flying all around her mind as she shakily made her way to look down at Luke, all of Calum's words started to swirl into her thoughts at once.

Calum was right.

What good would it be to punch Luke? Her stomach clenched at the sight, and she would've been no better than Luke if she made him feel what she felt. Her pride seemed to dial down and her mind finally took over her heart, she refused to even look at Luke anymore. If it weren't for Michael giving her a look so full of hatred that she felt sick, she would've apologized to Calum straight away and ran into his arms.

Her fingers reluctantly dialed his number and she bit her lip while the rings were heard, she never was used to apologizing, so this made her very nervous.

"Hello?" Calum's voice took Athena's away, her throat tightened causing tears to form, but she didn't want to make it that obvious. "Athena?"

"I'm sorry." Athena's whisper blended with the wind and static, she was uneasy apologizing to someone, but it was Calum. She had to set her pride aside for once.

"I can't hear you." Calum didn't sound like he was teasing her, so Athena bit her lip before opening her mouth again, unsure when she should apologize again, but she took a deep breath and shook her head.

"I'm sorry for not listening to you," Athena said in a clearer voice. Those words were the trigger for Athena's upcoming breakdown, she started to cry and her words jumbled out. "I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass. You were right. It wouldn't make me feel better, I would just feel like shit. You were right about my pride sometimes taking control of me in a negative way. You were right about me thinking too much about my-"

"Baby-"

"-self, and you were right that this would only damage me. I know you were only trying to do what's best for me, and I was too stubborn to realize that. You were always supporting me, but I thought you were just trying to go against me. Oh my God, I'm a horrible girlfriend. I'm so sorry, you can break up-"

"Baby-"

"-with me if you want. I don't deserve you at all, and I'm so sorry. I should've listened to you. You've been there for me for the longest time, and I should've trusted that you knew what was best for me. Please forgive me. I know you may not wanna be with me anymore but-"

"Baby girl, slow down." Calum chuckled while Athena took a shaky breath and wiped her tears hastily before crying once more. She hasn't cried this much since that one night, and she hated it. "I'm not going to break up with you. You're crazy if you think that I would go away that quick. Baby, when I first asked you out, I knew already what I was getting into. I know the type of person you are, and I'm here to back you up no matter what as long as you aren't harming yourself. Calm down, alright? Can I come over? Is Michael talking to you?"