fifteen

ARIES: If someone insults you, they take the bullet and throw it back.

A T H E N A

HER BODY ACHED to congeal with his, hands gripping onto that black cotton shirt laced with his cologne and lips tasting his like a sudden relapse dawned over her after two weeks.  Back against the heavy white door, her butt cold of the marble floor, Athena took a shaky breath while wincing at the loud bang heard inside of the restroom. 

He didn't feel the same as she did; it was obvious by now.  To him, she was known to be some rag tossed about just for his own sexual needs.  Calum would never actually return her feelings, he would never feel his stomach turn at the sight of her.  He didn't care; he never did.

Maybe she was being weak, maybe her heart has weathered, softening at the smallest things Calum would do, but she couldn't deny it.  There was feeling budding from her heart, but a flower could never bloom without water nourishing it every bit of the way.  Luckily for Athena, her heart would possibly be able to manage without him. 

Pushing her hands onto the floor for support, Athena fiddled with her sleeves before reuniting with the group, Luke was the first one to actually acknowledge her presence.  The cushioned black seat sank as she sat on it, her food had arrived, the pasta's aroma entered her nose and straight to her grumbling stomach.

"Are you okay?"  Luke was a good guy, probably the best one she's ever met.  The entire date, he made an effort to make sure she was really okay, and even though she said she was, he wasn't buying her lies.  His eyes never failed to linger towards hers for a minute as if his questions would be answered with the actual truth.

"Just a long line at the restroom."  Athena fake smiled while methodically twisting the pasta with her fork, taking a deserved bite before patting his hand.  "I'm fine."

"Do you want me to take you home?"  Luke gripped his keys beforehand, his ocean blue eyes intently stared at her, it was obvious that she had been the only one he had been paying attention to the entire time.  Throughout the date, Athena expected his entire focus to be on Charlotte, he did admit to having a crush on her after all, but the blonde acted like Athena was the only girl he'd ever lay his eyes on.  "We can leave now.  Michael's being a pain in the ass too."

"Where's Willow?"  Athena noticed the empty seat beside Michael, the group had divided amongst themselves to their own chatter, but Michael ruminated, his eyebrows furrowed with a confused expression on his face. 

"She took probably the fifth phone call during this entire date.  I don't know what's going on, I'm kinda glad that Michael's entire focus isn't on me at the moment," Luke joked, Athena's lips cracked a smile as he smoothly rested his arm at the top of her chair.  "We can ask for them to box your food if you want."

"Why are you being so nice to me?  We haven't talked in years, and my brother, who I should add is your best friend, threatened to cut your balls off.  What are you trying to accomplish?"  Her words came out harsher than she intended, she really wanted to understand why someone as pure and generous as Luke would even try to go for her.

"You're the type of girl any guy would fight for."  Luke shrugged nonchalantly, he requested a to-go box while Athena scowled, she didn't understand where he was trying to get at.  "I'm just glad I'm the first one."

"I don't need anyone to fight for me."  Athena scoffed, she couldn't help but to accept the pinch of insult puncturing through her veins.  "I thought I made that clear with the whole argument incident I have with Michael."