eighteen

ARIES: An Aries will always be rushing to the finish line, rushing to be first, to get done and get ahead. But they can easily bulldoze over other people in the process, and this impatience can turn people off and annoy them.

C A L U M

PIP PIRRIPS WAS a boy brought up by hand by his own sister, Mrs. Joe. The kid was an annoying, fat little brat who invested himself way into his ego (which was way bigger than his actual income that he DIDN'T even receive until he got appointed to a guardian who had some odd relationship with Miss Havisham, an old woman who still wore her crusty ass yellow wedding dress that she was supposed to wear on her wedding day).

Obviously that never happened considering the crazy woman got played shitless when her own fiancé -or husband, what do you even call him?- left her on the altar 20 minutes before nine.

Anyways, Pip fell in love with Miss Havisham's adopted daughter, Estella, a girl who clearly didn't give two fucks about Pip (who does to be honest?). Pip, tired of being fucking common (guess what, Pip? You will always be fucking common because you are a spoiled ass brat who doesn't even appreciate what others do for you), was sent to train to become a gentleman.

Seeing Estella for the first time in years made him realize that even though he was madly in love with her and had set aside his common ways, he would never be happy.

You know why?

Because he will always be a stupid brat who was ungrateful for those who tried to help him get rid of his stupid ways but little did they know, he would ALWAYS remain as stupid of a bitch as he was during his stupid childhood-self.

If only Calum could morph his hatred for the migraine-provoking novel into beautiful words of literature, maybe he wouldn't be on the borderline of getting a B in his AP English class.

Great Expecatations by Charles Dickens was a book Calum loathed since his high school forced all freshmen English Honors classes to read the stupid, complicated piece of whatever the hell you call that type of literature. He would think that he had completely gotten rid of it until it came back like a damn boomerang in his senior year.

"If any of you actually remember what we did yesterday, you were assigned to create an essay relating Great Expectations to any aspect of your childhood.  You and your partner must extensively critique each other's work if you want a high grade."  The teacher instructed, her grey hair formed short curls at the top of her head, she was a really mean and short teacher who intimidated all of her students including Calum, basically she was like an elderly version Athena.

Calum turned his head back to see Athena, her head rested soundly on the wooden desk as her eyelids fluttered shut.  Her soft exhales parted her pink lips, cheeks tinged with pink by the cold.  "Get to work."

Calum ambulated towards her desk, he wanted to let her be and finally sleep —he remembered from about a month ago when she briefly stated that she didn't like to sleep and often fought the urge to do so.  She must lack sleep due to the budding children living in her house, screams loud enough to pierce through an eardrum.

Calum poked her arm, she didn't budge one bit as he let out a small laugh.  His stomach suddenly dropped when he realized that he's fucked up, too many times.  She —like every person in the human population if we are being completely honest here— thought of him as a sex addict with no feelings whatsoever. 

Yeah, he focused on sex mostly when it concerned the female population, but she wasn't just sex.  She was never just sex.  Calum was just too much of a coward to bring himself in realization to that.