twenty-eight

ARIES: Can actually be super fearful. Mask emotions by being rash and reckless because they fear, more than anything, messing something they care about up. They feel that their emotions get in the way of making good decisions.

C A L U M

PESSIMISTIC PRESENTIMENT SANK deep into Calum's mind while his girl scowled at him, making her way towards the center of the room crowded with drunkards displaying all the bruises on their bodies.

Athena lifted her chin up, completely avoiding Calum in order to successfully walk into the middle of the room, all attention directed on her caused the crowd to silence, Parker raised his eyebrows at the breathtaking girl in front of him.

Calum bit the inside of his cheek, holy fuck.

She loves him.

Athena loves Calum.

What the fuck will he do now? He can't even come up with the definition of standards to classify love, does he even love her? He wouldn't dare say it back because he didn't want to lie to her.

What if he didn't love her?

He never even thought about breaking her heart, yet he felt himself unintentionally cutting off her love. He has been deprived of love for so long, the feeling is practically foreign to him, and he hated himself for that. Of course, Mali loves him, but it was always flooded with Calum's other feelings of hatred against the wedding and sadness of her leaving.

He's never been truly happy or felt love before.

So, yes.

Calum Hood is a hypocrite.

He is a hypocrite for insisting on Athena to not get revenge or else she wouldn't be happy at all, yet he wasn't happy himself. He hasn't been really happy at all to be quite honest. The first time he's felt the slightest bit happy was when he met Athena. The last time he's felt a little more happy was a few moments before he fought with Athena.

Athena made him happy.

He didn't know if he loves her though.

Christ, why did it have to be so complicated? He was a coward to say the least. Athena was always so straightforward about her feelings, but it took Calum weeks before he even confessed his feelings for her.

They just didn't match.

He wasn't capable of treating Athena the way she desired and deserved.

"You must be the famous Athena that has little Calum wrapped around her finger."  Parker grinned, he flashed his gold teeth while leaning back onto the wooden chair.  Surrounding him was a group of beaten up men, all faces conjuring mixed emotions, some awestruck by her beauty and others thirsty to fight.  

"I came here to discuss about what's going to happen to Luke."  Athena brushed off his comment about Calum which slightly aggravated Calum considering the fact that he just witnessed several eyes light up. Parker raised an eyebrow and glanced at Calum who was subconsciously clenching his jaw and glaring at the men interested in his girl.  

"Wouldn't you like talking about this to us with your boyfriend present?"  Parker's dark brown skin stained with red due to blood indicating that he just got into a fight with someone.  The stenches of alcohol and marijuana wavered throughout the air, Calum suddenly found the scent overwhelming.  

"I don't need him to make decisions for me."  Athena refused to look back, Nate slightly smirked which irritated Calum even more.  Her dark black hair shone under the dim lights, Parker became as interested in her as the rest of them.  "It's my revenge, not his."