Chapter Twenty - Promise Me...

A/N: Sorry for the long qait but here it is :))

Chapter Twenty (Finale part One)

>Promise Me...

Liam was brought to his room a few minutes ago, but still wasnt woken up. And at the same time, I havent got the strength to see him again.

Lifeless.

"He'll be awake soon Mrs Paynlinson", the nurse walks out of Liam's room and talks to mum. So he's still lying-dead in there?

"Hey, little bro", I heard Jeri call me from behind.

"Hmm?", I respond and turned around to face him.

"What you say if we go back home and clean up? And then we'll immediately come back after. You up for that?", he smiles and I sent him a frown.

"Turn that frown upside-down, Zayn", Jeri sighs and smiles again and brings his hands to my face and forms a smile on my lips with his hands. "Lighten up! Your boyfriend is in there. Breathing. He's alive. And like the doctor said he was saying your name during the opperation. Meaning, he fought for you", he explains.

"Before the car crash, I broke up with him. Why would he wake up and come seaching for me when I made him feel how much I hated him that moment?", I looked down.

Will he come looking for me?

Do I want him back?

Did we really break up?!

"We'll see, Zayn. We'll sooner see", Jeri says and walks to my side, putting an arm on my back.

"Lets go clean up", he says and walks with me to the elevator.

--

We're back in the hospital. The elevator door wasnt opened yet.

RING.

Okey. Never mind.

The doors slide open, Jeri and I walk in and Jeri pressed "6" on the number of buttons on the wall.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Rings.

The doors slide open and we stepped out.

We were walking silently until...

"Zayn! About time! You should step in there now!", Lance called loudly, running towards us.

"Did something bad happen?", I ask, curiousity and worry mixed in my voice.

"Not really. Just get in there", he walks behind me and pushes me forward. Sliding along, we reach the door to Liam's room and our parents are on the seats on the opposite side of the door, smirking.

"Whats going on, dad?", I asked as Lance push me hardly and playfully.

"Just get in there hunny", Mum answered and smiled.

"Okey", I said awkwardly. "Stop pushing me already!"

"Hehehe just get in already"

"yeah yeah", I sang.

I twisted the knob and saw Lou standing there, blocking my view to Liam's face.

I walked deeper into the room silently.

"About time", I heard Lou say. He looks up to the ceiling before turning to face me.

"Listen to him", he gave me a sad smile and walk out the room.