Chapter Four - Hate

Hello!

How are all you lovely people?

Here’s chapter four! I know it’s titled ‘Hate,’ but believe me; it’s a lot more light-hearted than you might think. :)

 -jennaxxx

Chapter Four: Hate

“Today I don’t feel like doing anything,

I just wanna lay in my bed,

don’t feel like picking up my phone,

so leave a message at the tone.

‘Cause today I swear I’m not doing anything.”

Anna groaned as the music filled her ears. The irony behind it all would’ve been commended if it weren’t so early in the morning. “Why, Jamie? Why do this to me?” she moaned, eyes still shut. "Even the song, Jamie! Why?!"

“Come on, Anna,” she heard James’ voice faintly.

“James, I already dislike you for bringing that asshole into this house,” Anna grumbled, stuffing her head between couch cushions. “Why would you wake me up? And make me dislike you more?”

“Get up,” he said sternly, but the amusement in his voice was obvious. “You’ve got to get to work, Annabelle.”

“I don’t want to!” She whined, pulling herself up against her own will. She hated waking up. Hated it. It was no help that her profession forced her to wake up at six in the morning, every day. If it weren’t for Jamie, Anna’s human alarm clock, she would’ve been fired from the school a long time ago.

She got ready quickly, and walked out to see James struggling in his fancy suit. He worked as a lawyer for a small construction firm in the county, and would never get used to ties. Anna, on the other hand, was a high school art teacher, so she never had to get very dressed up. You would imagine that their personalities would clash, both having jobs which were polar opposites. Perhaps they did, but in a good way. Where Anna lacked, James was proficient, and vice versa.

Grabbing her bag and her keys, Anna made way for the door. “See you later!” She called, shutting the door behind her. Walking to her car, she counted the hours. As much as Annabelle loved her job, she loved lazing around the house more – even with the strange man living in it. No, not James.

It was only a short drive to Lincoln High School. Just eight years ago, Anna was being enrolled to the place. Even then, the school was as scandalous as today. It was like one of those racy television shows, where the drama and gossip is never ending.

Her art classes, however, weren’t so bad. They were all very bright kids, actually – and spectacular artists too. Anna really lucked out in that department. For the most part, her pupils were drama-free. They at least tried to leave all of the exaggerated nonsense out of her room. Though, it was fair to say that she heard the occasional, ‘He broke up with me and started going out with her the very next day! Can you believe what a douche he is?’

Walking into the building, she spotted one of her friends at the school, Clara Martin. She was dressed smartly in a knee-length pencil-skirt, and a ruffled white blouse. “Hey gorgeous,” Anna smiled wryly at her. Clara always managed to look amazing. Compared to her, Anna looked frumpy in her light grey plaid shirt, and dark denim jeans. Anna never made much of an effort though. She’d always end up with paint on her clothes anyways. If it weren’t for the small nametag on her shirt, you could hardly guess that she was a teacher, and not a student at the school.