Chapter Eight - Blind Insults

Hey!

The author’s note for this chapter will be at the end :)

You’ll see why…

-jennaxxx

Chapter Eight: Blind Insults

“They’ve moved the date of the wedding,” James sighed. Anna had just woken up; it was half past noon. Saturdays were truly fantastic for that reason precisely.

Just about to take a sip of her coffee, she froze midway. “Sooner or later?”

“Sooner,” he said, crinkling his nose in confusion. “Why?”

“What date?” She asked, in utter seriousness.

James huffed, annoyed by her ignorance. “May.”

She smiled. A month! A month early! This was fantastic! “Tell me that this means your ass of a college roommate will be gone sooner.”

James scowled before looking thoughtfully at her. “I haven’t talked to him about it yet.”

“I’m going to take that as a yes,” she said, feeling bubbly as she took a sip out of her mug.

“Why don’t you find out for yourself?” James mumbled, looking past her.

“Guess what?” She said, instinctively turning around and beaming. “You get to be gone by May!”

“Err, I have an issue,” Hunter mumbled, looking sadly at James.

Anna scoffed. “An? You have an issue? Singular – really? Pretentious, much?”

“Quit acting so childish and let me finish,” he snapped at her, irritated. He’d been there for hardly a week! Any other girl would’ve clung to him like none other! She would’ve been begging him for a round in the bedroom, and begging again for seconds! It annoyed him endlessly that she wasn’t falling prey to his charm, and instead, was taking cheap shots at him.

The second he’d spotted her at the grocery store, Hunter knew he would drive Annabelle over the edge, and into an abyss of longing and desire for him. He didn’t know that Anna, on the other hand, desperately tried to veer away from any sorts of feelings, and that she would prove most difficult to convince.

Anna smiled wryly. “You’re just grumpy because you didn’t get any action last night.”

No thanks to you, Hunter thought. It proved to be unbearable sitting next to her at dinner, the night before, and even more so trying to just think about sex with anyone else. Yes, Hunter took a cold, cold shower that night.

“Piss off, Annie,” James laughed.

“Easy for you to say,” Anna wagged her eyebrows. That night, James came home late, and that morning, Kristen told her all about their night – leaving the details out, for Anna’s sake. As ecstatic as she was that her best friend and her brother-from-another-mother were together now, she didn’t need to know about their hot make-out session.

“I actually want to hear what he’s got to say,” James fought off his grin, thinking back on Kristen.

Hunter grimaced. It wasn’t enough that he didn’t get any action, but James came knocking on his door at midnight to gush over Kristen like the little girl he really was. “I’ve got a meeting.”

“So you’ll be gone tomorrow?!” Anna nearly fell out of her chair at the thought. Out! He’d be out! Finally!

Hunter gave her a forced smile. “As much as I know you’d love that,” he said, overly sweet. “I’ve pushed the meeting back as far as I could’ve. Sorry, James,” he looked back to his friend. “I’ve got to be out of here by the beginning of April.”