Chapter Sixteen - Thankgiving

Hey there :)

So, here we are! Another chapter! I skipped ahead a bit, because the pace I was going at was dragging a little, but it’s a little short…sorry!

I hope you like this! I really do (especially one of the Anna-Parts. You’ll know when you get there because she’s pretty uncharacteristically bad ass.)

In other news, that’s James, off on the side. For now, at least. I’m still on the fence about this whole cast. GAH! I don’t know. Let me know if you have any suggestions though!

                                                                                              -jennaxxx        

OH! PS. Thank you all for your comments! I don’t know if I’ve thanked you recently for it, but they honestly mean the world to me, and I’m not just playing the humble-writer-part. I seriously can’t stop grinning after I read some of them. You guys are so sweet! :)

Chapter Sixteen: Thanksgiving

“You suck,” Anna narrowed her eyes to slits.

Too tired to come up with a proper insult, Hunter grumbled, “You suck more.”

“Aw,” she cooed teasingly. “Is New York already fed up with me? Can’t handle it?”

It’d been three weeks since their little arrangement, and so far, it’d been rather alright. They would bicker and bicker until James’ ear was bleeding, and he would almost always run away to Kristen’s. (Although, Anna was informed, that they still hadn’t had the chance to consummate their relationship.)

And it was fantastic, really, having someone to yell and shout at, for any reason that summoned. Since neither of them took it to heart, it was like a well done therapy session, each day. Hunter started feeling better and better, despite his vacation turning out to be less and less an actual vacation.

Mostly, he would be busy with work, as things kept coming up, but with the holidays here, the phone calls had ceased momentarily. But few times, he took James’ car and drove down to Winsor’s, just to get out a bit. One day, while James and Anna were at work, he even hiked around their property.

But now, with the high school on Thanksgiving break, Anna was around all the time. Whenever a soda bottle fizzed too much, she was there to call him out – whenever he’d sit down to watch CNN, she’d be there to change the channel to America’s Next Top Model.

“Dear god,” Hunter groaned as she taunted him. “You’re insufferable!”

“Glad you feel the same way, buddy,” Anna snickered, clearly enjoying their deal too much.

“What is with the two of you?!” James asked, exasperated. “It’s Thanksgiving, and you guys are fighting!”

“Honestly,” Kristen chimed in. “Get in the spirit!”

“But we are,” Anna conjured up the idea quickly. “We’re like the Pilgrims and the Native Americans! Fighting to the deaths-,”

“Is that how it happened?” Hunter scoffed.

“You’re just angry because you’re the Native American in this situation,” Anna rounded on him.

“What’s to be angry about?” he laughed. “I could take you out in one shot of an arrow -,”

“But I end up with all of the land!” she grinned.

“Oh would you just shut up,” James groaned. “You’re like a couple of four-year-olds!”