Chapter Fourteen - More Nakedness

Hello!

Chapter fourteen! Don’t have much to say, so I’ll just let you get on with it. Hope you enjoy! And let me know if you do (or if you don’t :)

-jennaxxx

Chapter Fourteen: More Nakedness

“Good morning!” Clara sang as she walked into Anna’s classroom with two cups of fresh coffee.

The smell hit her nose, and she instantly perked up. “Oh thank heavens,” she moaned, taking the coffee into her hands and taking a long sip, not caring that it scorched her tongue. “You are my savior!”

“Well, I don’t know about that,” Clara smiled bashfully. “Okay, yeah; I am a savior.” Anna rolled her eyes, and Clara went on, not noticing. “What’s up? You look awful.”

“Thanks,” Anna mumbled sarcastically. “I didn’t get a good night’s sleep.”

“Tell me it was because you were getting down and dirty with that gorgeous piece of heaven sleeping in your room,” she grinned wickedly, and Anna burst out laughing at the malicious look on her face.

“No,” she gasped. “No, that wasn’t it. I did catch a glimpse of his chest though – oh, gosh, Clare,” she groaned at the thought of it. “He’s a freaking marble sculpture. It’s not fair!”

“How’s it not fair?! You’re beautiful, Anna! And you’ve got a great figure!” She reprimanded. “If you just flirted a bit, he would be at your feet, Anna.”

“I don’t want him at my feet!” Anna threw her hands up in exasperation, tilting her head against the back of her chair. “Is it so much to ask for normalcy? Just getting on, day to day, with maybe a little romance? Nothing serious?

“How do you know he’s not romantic,” Clara frowned.

“He’s divorced, Clare,” Anna laughed. “And guys like him don’t do romance.”

“Don’t judge a book by its cover, Anna,” she mused. “And maybe you don’t need romance! Maybe you just need sex? Ever thought of that.”

“No,” Anna grimaced. “How about no sex, no romance – just work?”

“Oh, Honey,” Clara’s frown deepened. “I’m so sorry. It’ll be okay though, yeah? Maybe you can start up your own gallery or something?”

“But that’s not what I want, Clare,” Anna mumbled. “I just want to teach these kids. That’s all.”

Clara stood and patted Anna’s back. “Anna, it will be okay; you have to believe that, no matter what happens, it’s going to be fine.”

Remorsefully, she nodded her head, and Clara took her leave just as the bell rang. Her students filed into the room, and she put on a strong face to get through the day. The only question was: how long would she be able to keep it up?

At lunch, Anna was unusually quiet. In her mind, she was mulling things over: what would she do once she was put out of her job? Just sit around home? Do nothing?

Maybe she would listen to James and pick up gardening…

No! She wasn’t a gardener. She was an art teacher! Nothing else!

“Are you okay, Anna?” Tyler frowned at her.

“Hmm?” She stopped staring off into space and snapped up to look at him. “What?”