Chapter Twelve - And in Health

Hello!

Hopefully this chapter ends up being a little bit longer; sorry for the really short update last time. And this one might not be super exciting, but it plays toward the rest of the story. And I think the next chapter will have a bit of drama, so keeping you waiting will have some effect towards that. :)

Don’t worry; I won’t keep you too long!

OH! And I’m trying to put in a cast for this story as well. I keep thinking Bradley Cooper for Hunter because he’s so freaking gorgeous (like – seriously? Have you seen this guy? Oh my lord, his eyes! I’ll put a picture in the side.) But I have no idea. Do you guys have any suggestions? And for Anna and James?

-jennaxxx

Chapter Twelve: And in Health

“Get off of your lazy ass, would you?” James chuckled. “It’s been over a week!”

“I’m on vacation, James,” Hunter shrugged. “What do people do on vacation? Nothing.”

“They try to enjoy their surroundings,” James narrowed his eyes at his friend.

“Well I don’t exactly have a tour guide here,” Hunter held James’ challenging gaze. “The only people I know are you, your girlfriend, your roommate, and Calvin from the bar.”

“Haven’t you ever wanted to have an adventure?” James persisted. “Come on, go exploring. It doesn’t take two to go exploring!”

“Oh fuck off,” Hunter groaned and tossed an empty beer bottle into the recycle.

“Hunter, please? Pretty, pretty please? Please with a cherry on top? And sprinkles? And whipped cream? And -,”

“If I go, would you leave me alone?” he laughed at the childish behavior.

James smiled. “Be gone in half an hour,” he said quickly.

“Kristen’s coming over, isn’t she?”

“Thirty minutes,” James repeated, with a silly grin on his face.

And at that moment, Anna burst through the front door, beaming. “James! What are you doing home?”

James cursed; he had to get rid of her now too. “I took an early day. You’re happy. What’s the matter with you?”

Anna gave him a dry look before picking up that smile. “Today I met with the most wonderful man and woman I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet! I take it all back – I love Tuesdays!”

James smiled briefly before frowning. “You have to go somewhere. And take Hunter with you.”

Anna’s grin dropped. “Again? Jamie! I was going to go visit Hugo and Boris.”

“So take him with you,” James insisted. “He should get to know some more people around here.”

“Have you ever thought it as unhealthy to spend every waking moment with one person?” Anna put her hands on her hips and glared at James.

“I don’t spend every waking moment with her,” he defended himself weakly. She rolled her eyes, unconvinced. “It’s only because I like her so much!”

And that had her smiling. How could she say no? “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood, but this is the last time I’m saving your ass, Jamie,” she warned. “The. Last. Time.”