Chapter Thirteen - Too Much Naked

Hello! :)

So, this is probably a short upload…

I’m sorry. I’m still trying to set up the real plot of this whole thing, and a few vital things have to happen for the whole story to really work. Bear with me here!

In other news, I’ve started a new story! Hopefully, this won’t affect my posting for now, as it is still summer. Please, go check it out! I’ll include a small synopsis about it:

Roslyn Barker is happy with her life, as far as normalcy is concerned. School is good; her job is good; life is good. And with the man of her dreams neatly tucked away IN her dreams, she doesn’t have to worry about all the hassle of relationships.

…that is, until her imaginings catch up with reality. The man of her dreams has some news for Rose, and before she knows it, she’s thrown into a world she never knew – a world where she has abilities beyond the ordinary.

After years of learning to accept, and finally falling back into a bearable lifestyle, how will Roslyn handle the fact that now, her nightmares are catching up with her too?

It’s a bit different from my other works, and I’ve only got the prologue and first chapter up, but I think it might have some real potential. :)

(Hunter to the side!)

-jennaxxx

Chapter Thirteen: Too Much Naked

After sitting a while in the lot in front of Winsor’s, occasionally sipping her beer, Anna glanced down at the time on her phone. “It’s been three hours,” she hopped off of the hood and tossed the bottle into the recycling dumpster outside of the bar. “Let’s go home.”

Hunter tossed his into the recycle after her, and slid back into the car. “James must like her a lot,” he mused, glancing at her.

 “I’d always had a feeling that they’d be good together,” she smiled a little. “Jamie’s just such a wuss. I seriously doubted he would ever get up the courage to ask her out.”

He laughed to himself. “Good for them though.”

“For real,” Anna sighed. “It’s about time that man got back into dating. He’s not getting any younger.”

“He’s not even thirty!”

Anna narrowed her eyes at him. “And you’re one to talk.”

“Okay,” Hunter inhaled sharply. “I had that one coming. But if there’s anything I learned from my experience,” he enunciated the word. ‘Marriage’ was just…wrong. It felt wrong to say. “It’s that young and ‘in love’ doesn’t last.”

“Don’t say that,” she frowned at him. “Just because you ran into some bad luck doesn’t mean anything. You’re still young! You could still find that special someone. I mean Christ, look at you!”

Hunter turned to her with a devilish grin. “What are you saying?”

“Nothing,” she lied sharply. “It’s just that you’re young, and successful. Think of her as just a blip in your past.”

“I wish it were so easy,” he mumbled.

“Quit your whining,” Anna groaned, fed up with his attitude. “It can be that easy. I keep trying to get you laid, but you didn’t even make so much of an effort at Tessa’s, or even at The River for that matter. You need distraction, Hunter! Get this girl out of your head!”