Chapter 7: "I'm Like Hey, What's Up, Hello!"

~Kayla's POV~

Elliot froze, pulling his gun from his belt and leveling it. Zora dropped her knife, backing up. Blood still had that ignorant smirk on his face, and Elise was silently crying on me. Blood grabbed an empty ashtray on the windowsill and before anything came out of the end of Elliot's gun, threw the ashtray at Elliot. It hit him in the face.

Elliot groaned, dropping the gun and kneeling. Blood walked over to him and dug his heel in the small of Elliot's back. "Who said you could interrupt?" Blood growled with a sadistic smirk on his face. Elise started to cry harder. Blood kicked Elliot's side and left the protective March Hare crumpled on the ground. "Raise your gun to shoot my guests and I'll shoot you."

Zora still had a malevolent look on her face. I put an arm around Elise, not sure what to do for her. She seemed pretty stable in the real world, but suddenly when we came here she became a jittery crybaby... ...I felt bad she was being harassed by Blood, though...

"Hey, w-what's up, hello," Elise sang through her tears.

"Hi." I replied.

"Trap Queen." Elise cracked a smile at the reference to something outside of this sick world. "Hey..."

She started to smile. I smiled at her, but frowned as I looked up at Blood. Zora looked ready to murder him. Blood was just smirking. "I'll be back, Young Miss." He walked down the hall and turned the corner.

We didn't speak. There was nothing to say that wasn't completely obvious. Finally Zora looked at Elise and frowned. Then she smiled.

"I'm like, hey, what's up, hello! Since your pretty- soon as you came in the door..." Zora laughed.

"In the love with the money I ain't never letting go!" Elise walked over and sat on the windowsill.

"Wait, why're you skipping to the chorus?" I asked jokingly, getting up with Elise. "Show her how to whip and now she remix it- I be in the kitchen cookin' cakes for a mob boss yaaaa~! I be in the kitchen cooking cakes, yaaa!"

We all burst out laughing. I was glad Elise felt better, as she was pretty much the most emotionally weak of our group. Had what just happened to her happened to me, Blood would've been punched in the face.

Suddenly a male Hatter servant came around the other end of the hall. The three of us shut up immediately. He looked surprised to see us and came up to Elise. "Are you alright, Young Miss~?" He asked.

"I'm fine." She said cheerfully. "I just choked, but I'm alright now."

Suddenly the servant placed a hand gently on Elise's neck, the tips of his fingers twitching against the skin. She flinched a little before the secant drew his hand back immediately. "Oh, sorry~! I guess... I should have asked before touching you~." He said quickly. Elise sighed in relief.

"It's okay, but what were you doing?" She asked.

"Oh, right~. I was just trying to find your pulse to make sure you were alright, and that's the easiest way~! Sorry~." The servant smiled weakly.

"Thank you for caring about me!" Elise was positively beaming. The servant smiled and moved on, walking down the hall. As soon as he was out of sight, Blood came down the hall. Elise's smile disappeared at once, and so did mine and Zora's.

Blood took his time went straight up to Elise and touched her the same way the servant had. Instead of just flinching, Elise literally jumped back a few feet, crashing into the wall and huffing in pain. "What's wrong?" Blood said, his voice light. "You didn't act like that when my faceless servant touched you." He paused, his smile turning darker as Elise stared at him. "Unless you see me as more of a sexual threat."

I almost died when he said that. Zora looked ready to kill him again. One thought floated though the loud silence, until Elise worked up the strength to voice it. "That's... That's unsurprisingly true." She stood up, her tone icy as she avoided his blue-green gaze. "I don't know what you want from me, but I'm not old enough to have this sort of affair. And... My friends agree with me."

I nodded, wanting to punch the man-whore hitting on my friend really, really, really, really badly. I could tell Zora felt the same. We needed to find a way to get Elise out of the mansion and somewhere she would be... More safe.

"Come on, Elise. Let's go play chess." Zora took Elise's arm and practically dragged her down the hall, Blood staring at them as they turned the corner.

I finally faced Blood angrily. "What do you want from Elise?" I asked. "She's not in love with you. Her feelings for you are closer to hate!"

"I love her, of course." Blood started with a small laugh, but his smile turned wicked as he finished the sentence. "And I'm never, ever letting go of the girl I love. That means she won't get close to other men. In any capacity. Even if I have to force her to stay here."

I shook my head. "She's more stubborn than she looks. She won't give in."

"She's a little outsider girl, facing against the leader of feared Mafia. How far do you think she'll get if she tries to escape?"

"As far as we can get her. Zora would die." I said, my smirk now dark and icy cold. "And three little outsider girls are far more dangerous than one."

(Please vote and comment if you're enjoying this story!)