Chapter 7: I Don't Care for Your Fairytales Part 4

Picture: A crappy drawing of Soumei's apartment
A/N: Realized today that I actually own a fair amount of the characters in my story, but just so you know, Time is not my character. She is from 13thRole_Time_CMA's The Story of Time. If you want to know more, go read her story!
~~~~~
"Yes?" Elise saw the brown-haired girl quickly turn from the dishes, relax as she saw her, and turn the faucet off.

"Are you Time?" Elise asked nervously.

"Yes, I'm Time. You're the new outsider, right?" Time said with a smile. "Julius told me."

"Yeah. Julius told me to come to you, I've got a problem."

Time pulled out a couple of chairs at the table that was on the far side of the room. She motioned for Elise to sit down and sighed. "What is it?"

Elise gratefully took the chair and sat down across from Time. She took a discarded dish towel and used it to pull out the book so she didn't have to touch it. "You were Alice's friend, right? Have you read this?"

"No. I do know it's her diary, though." Time said. "What about it?"

"There's a problem with it." Elise chose her words carefully. "A really deadly problem."

"...yeah?"

"But I can't tell you."

"..you can't tell me."

"No. You have to read it."

"Why?"

Just like before, Elise opened her mouth, but no sound came out. It felt Ike an invisible cloth was being tugged over her mouth, distorting the sound. "...can you not hear me?" Elise asked.

Time didn't react, so it probably meant that she couldn't hear her. Elise sighed and took the sharpie in her pocket and took the dishcloth to open the diary to an empty page and wrote: 'Can you hear me?'

Time shook her head. The words turned a bright, flaming red, and rearranged themselves into 'You can't hear me.' before fading back into black. Both Elise and Time stared at it in shock for a second. "What the heck?" Elise griped, but no sound came out.

"I didn't do anything." Time shrugged.

"Wait a second." Elise said, but then remembered that she couldn't be heard at wrote what she said on the page. The words quickly changed into, 'She's going wait a second.'

"Okay." Time didn't notice as the words swiftly changed to, 'She's waiting a second.'

Testing this out, Elise wrote(careful not to touch the page with anything other than the tip of the sharpie) 'A box of donuts will be on the table.'

The sentence changed to 'A box of donuts  is on the table.'

Sure enough, a white box of donuts appeared next to Time. "That's really... Strange." Time remarked, looking inside the box at the donuts. "The donuts look real, but we shouldn't eat them."

Elise nodded and frowned at the diary. This was... Really weird. Just really, really, really weird. She handed Time the sharpie, who wrote, 'Julius will probably be in his office.'

The notebook didn't hesitate to change the words this time. 'Julius is outside the door.'

Both Time and Elise quickly looked up  Julius walked in, and the words changed to 'Julius is inside the kitchen.' Time quickly put the box of donuts under the table. The sentence about donuts changed to 'A box of donuts is under the table.'