Chapter 13: "Screw Plans That'll Get Me Killed. I'll Take It!"

-Elise's POV-

I walked out of the room casually, like I was visiting my friends rooms(even though they were in my room...). I had no idea why I was going alone, or how we were going to find Indigo, and which day of the week it was... This was all messing with my head. Blood, Elliot, the Bloody Twins... wasn't this all a ridiculous dream? Wouldn't I wake up perfectly fine in my bed- no, I would've fallen asleep on my desk...

I walked out on the grounds uninterrupted, though the servants were giving me weird looks. A few guards were out on night patrol, but they didn't seem particularly worried about one little outsider girl walking around. I sighed and closed my eyes, remembering exactly where I wrote that the vines would be. Past the rose garden, and through that side of the woods...

Without warning, I realized the situation I had been in the past few... I didn't even know how to take time in a place like this, so let's just leave that vague- I was stuck in a crime syndicate headquarters, with no way out and the boss going to fucking RAPE me if I didn't find a way out.

...I have to admit, though, that at the time, for a serious scaredy-cat, I was less scared than I feel like I should have been.

I took a deep breath and started to run the best I could in the dress I was wearing. I was still wearing the flip-flops I had come in, and was nervous about tripping, but I really didn't care. I felt a strange urge to get out there and explore the rest of wonderland since what I had seen so far was so different.

As I ran(stubbing my toe several times...) I came past the woods that housed the secret rose garden and the ivy vines that would get me out of here. I took a quick look at the hourglass, which was about a third filled on the bottom.

Damn, I've gotta move if I wanna get outta here in time...

I gritted my teeth and ran into the woods, staying away from the paved path and not worrying about ticks and other bugs until-

That was the first time I spotted her. I knew those pale eyes, just like Nightmare's, but more... Feminine. Rounder, and a more purplish shade. The outfit was almost an exact copy of her brother's, but the innocent smirk was not. And she was sitting up oh the highest branches of a tree.

Indigo...?

As clear as if I had called her loudly, Indigo jumped and disappeared. Just like that. I instantly assumed she had Nightmare's power in reading minds, or else she wouldn't of noticed me.

Shit! I had been so close...

'~Indeed, You had~! ~That was a narrow escape~!'

I stopped. A girlish voice echoes in my head that I didn't recognize.

'~What, are you going to be rude~? ~Well, I guess that's to be expected~!'

Who the hell are you?

'~Ooh, I know you know who I am~! ~You called my name just a minute ago~!'

Brat...

So this was indeed Indigo, who only seemed to have inherited twice Nightmare's talent. I started to walk again, realizing I was wasting time. Indigo's voice echoed in my head as I walked, but I didn't pay attention until she said something important.

'~You know, you're lucky, having a guy wrapped around your finger. ~In fact... Your ~Blood❤️~ is in his garden at this moment~!'

-WHAT?!

I had to go through the garden to get to the walls! Shoot... I stopped abruptly at the edge of the woods, where sure enough, Blood was tending to the roses in the nighttime. I sighed in irritation, and decided to consult the girl in my head for help.

Any ideas, dream-girl?

'~Irk~. ~I'm not dream-girl, I'm Indigo the Fabulous~!'

That's incredibly stupid.

'~Well, you're stupid, insulting the girl you've asked for help~!'

...Fine. Any ideas, Indigo-the-fabulous?

'~Oh, so you want to avoid your love~?'

...Blood is not my fucking 'love.'

'~Suuuuure, if you say so!~... ~Well, yes, I have an idea~...'

What?

'~It comes with a condition~!'

...

'~I'll give you a safe way to escape if you, artist girl, stay in wonderland and promise to leave me alone~. ~Forever~!'

...WHAT?!

I had blissfully forgotten we were dealing with the little thief of our talents. I weighed the options while watching Blood warily. I really wanted to get out of here, but I didn't even know what was happening back home. Was I still in bed? Had a new day even started? Finally, I made a quick decision.

Screw plans that'll get me killed. I'll take it.

'~Sure thing, sweetheart~! ~Are you sure you wanna leave your boyfriend~?'

What the fuck, yes! Obviously!

'~Mmm, but he looooves you~...'

Seal the fucking deal.

'~Okay, okay~... ~One second~!'

I watched as a golden thread appeared at my feet, giving off a minimal amount of light as it quickly trailed up a climbable tree to my left. It weaved through the branches silently and unnoticed by Blood. A few times I was sure he had seen it, but then he looked right back down within a word. The thread weaved into more trees, creating safe passages and finally ending at a patch of vine-covered wall.

'~There you are~! ~Don't forget about your promise~!'

Yeah, thanks.

I walked to the tree as quietly as I could, checking the hourglass, which was about 2/3rds full. I felt calm, but another thought arose in my mind as I placed a hand on the tree that the thread was going up into.

...I've sealed my hopeless pact with the devil of dreams.
...And the devil of dreams now ships me with Blood the fucking pervert...
...Could this really get anymore stupid with the whole Blood thing?...

...no. No, it just can't.

With that reassurance in my mind, I started to climb my way out of the mansion.

A/N
Hai guys! Hoped you liked this chapter :)

Indigo's pretty stupid, don't you think? Or do you guys just all agree with her?

...okay, well, I'm going to leave before y'all answer that question. Bye! Don't forget to vote and comment if you're enjoying this story, and thank you for reading!
-Ginger