Chapter 2: The Diary

~Language warning for this chapter~
Picture: ...um I don't even know

..You escaped an authors note this time.
But this will happen:
(Playing hide and seek with Ginger)

Me: *hiding in the bathroom* it's been an hour I'm scared Ginger is going to start shooting things *calls up 13thRole_Time_CMA* Time help me I'm scared

Time: ...

Me: Time help me I'm going to cry

Time:....

Time: Your friends are dead and you are next-
Luv Ginger~

Me: Da Faq!?!????! .......*starts crying*
NUU UminekoMARIA xPaintx RolePlayingQueen 13thRole_Time_CMA Achente nuuuuujustNUUUUU
...
...
...

...NUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Ginger: *bangs on door from outside* Just kidding! Jesus Elise, you're such a baby!

Me: . .   . .   . ?
~~~~~

"Ah, well..." Elise shrugged and smiled. "I don't know why I can't remember anything."

"And you're not worried about it at all?" Zora's eyebrows furrowed.

"Nope. I mean, I wanna see you guys, but I don't know how my life will be when I go back. For Jesus sake, it could be hell!"

"It's not hell." Zora confirmed straightaway. "My life is hell."

"I'm sure you have a perfectly good life!" Elise complained. "I'm the one who has no idea what's gunna happen!"

Zora sighed at her comment. "True enough..."

All you have to do is wish. You have to have a will to get home, Dear...

Elise drew a breath at the sudden voice in her head. Zora gave her an alarmed look but Elise waved it away.

How?

'~Ignore him~. ~Take the book~.'

Suddenly both Elise and Zora noticed the book on the floor as if their eyes were drawn to it automatically.

No, leave it. Goddamn it Indigo...

'~What's so wrong~?'

You damn know what you did. You break so many fucking rules that I can't always let it slide!

'~But I'm your little sis~!'

Oh my fucking God, Indigo. I can see that if you break this rule it's going to end our game so fast that we won't be alive for the move to Clover....

'~Who caaaaares~? ~We're all replaceable~.'

Of course, it's just like you to kill everybody to make the game exciting.

Elise didn't move as she listened to Indigo and Nightmare argue inside her head. Zora was staring at her like she was crazy, but didn't say a word. Elise suddenly realize she had never heard Nightmare curse before, yet when I'm a fight with his sister he used plenty of language.

"I feel left out." Zora joked, signaling that she had figured out what was happening. Elise just nodded in reply with an introspective look on her face.

'~Just take the book, open it, and stuff~.'

Why? What is it?

Ohhhhh, my god, Indigo.

'~Whaaaaaaat~?'

She's fucking curious now. Good job. You know what? Fabulous. Just fucking fabulous.

Nightmare...

Yeeeeeeees?

Is there a certain reason I shouldn't touch the book?

Elise stole a glance at the seemingly harmless black book lying on the floor. Nightmare sounded really, really, really pissed off when he answered. Like seriously.

Yes, but it's against the rules to tell you.

'~I assure you that it's nothing that will harm you~.'

Really?

'~yep~! ~it's actually pretty cool~!'

...this is just fucking fabulous...

I'll... Okay. Is she lying, Nightmare?

There was a long pause. A very, very, very long pause, then the long, drawn out sound of an annoyed sigh being released.

Technically, in terms of you harming yourself by reading the book, no. She's telling the... truth.

Unfortunately, Elise's biggest weak spot was not knowing what something is and wanting to know. Zora watched her closely as Elise got up off the bed and approached the little book on the floor.

"Curiosity killed the cat." Zora warned quietly.

"I know." Elise finally touched the book, picking it up and closing it. Nothing happened. No longer worried, she opened the book. "Was this a joke?"

Suddenly, she gasped. The last half of the book was empty at first, but the pages were now filling up as if an invisible hand was writing in extremely neat handwriting. Elise flipped to the end of the book, were the invisible hand was writing the last few words. Zora stared.

"Look! Wasn't that weird?" Elise asked, showing her the last page.

"What? It's blank."

"No! Look! There's words! It was blank..." Elise pointed to the words. "See? The writing is there and there and there!"

"I think you've got a fever." Zora felt Elise's forehead. "Yeah, you're burning."

"I am NOT sick! Are you seriously not seeing this?!" Elise pouted.

"I don't see anything." Zora sighed and gave up, giving Elise a hug. A very, tight, long, bone-crushing hug that made Elise drop the book again. "I can't say I'll be with you for your life if you're in Wonderland, because I have to go home. But I can promise  I'll miss you for the rest of mine."

"Why-the-hug-now?" Elise managed to choked out. Zora showed Elise her hand, which was starting to grow more see-through. She was leaving. "Did Kayla come back from her trip?"

"Yeah."

"I know this is cliche, but tell her that I miss her and that I am going to find a way to get home."

"Alright." Zora smiled. Elise tugged on her weave. "God you're hurting meeee!" Zora joked while slapping Elise's hand away.

"Thank you for trying." Elise flashed her a smile before Zora faded altogether.

~~~~~
Ginger: GOD ELISE UNLOCK THE FUCKING DOOR IT WAS A JOKE!!!

Me: *sniff* NUUUU

Ginger: Oh my fucking God. *pulls revolver out* UNLOCK IT OR I WILL KILL PIERCE FOR REAL! *aims gun at kitchen table where Pierce is eating cheese*

Me: *^* *unlocks door* Okay so my turn to seek?

Ginger: -.- sure.