Chapter 8: "Suuuuuuuuure thing!"

A/N: I listened to Trap Queen in a loop while writing this chapter :).... Sorry it's pretty short -.- I'll update later today too...
UminekoMARIA you're awesome
xPaintx you're coming back from your trip
Achente hot chocolate
~Zora's POV~

I pulled Elise out of that nasty man's sight. I now had realized why she was afraid of him and didn't want to stay here.

That man acts on whims. That can make him do anything...

That disturbed me more than my friends could see. Surely playing chess would help me think. Elise liked chess too, though most of our games either ended with me winning or a tie because we were playing too long.

Elise seemed startled at my sudden stomp off with her, but that girl had been harassed more than I was comfortable with today. She hugged my arm. "I love you, neé-san." She murmured.

"Oh, they always make fun of the kid with the weave." I joked.

"I'm not making fun of you!" Elise laughed, sticking out a hand and grabbing a few of the tightly braided strands. "I just know I'm going to beat you at chess."

"Suuuuuuuuure thing!" I replied with a smirk. "And let go!"

Elise dropped her hand as we walked to the lounge. There was a table set up with a chess set in the corner. We walked over and sat down, Elise taking black and myself taking white. "You do know why I didn't want to stay here now, right?" She asked suddenly.

I nodded. Elise seemed to relax as she moved a pawn out two spaces, signifying the start of the game. I moved my knight out right away. Elise hesitated, sensing a trick, but then moved her own knight out to back up her pawn.

After a few minutes of no one in particular winning, Kayla walked in stiffly. She seemed angry, but it didn't totally show if she was angry. She pulled a chair out and sat next to me. "Hey." Elise whispered, breaking the silence.

"Hi." Kayla replied, a bothered sigh leaking from her lips. "Blood is-"

"-Many things it would not be proper to say in a place like this." Elise finished for Kayla before I could say anything. "Check." She added, taking her move.

"Right. Checkmate." I said, taking her King.

"Damn!" Elise gave me a cheerful smile nonetheless. "Well, I'd better-

"-Elise." Kayla took a deep breath.

"Huh?"

"We're going to get you out of here. Tonight."

"You're kidding-"

"I'm not kidding. Blood Dupre is in love with you. He's going to force you to stay here." Kayla said. I stared at her in surprise. "He will do anything that will tie you to the interior of the mansion."

Elise stared at the ground in distaste. I decided to re-set up the chessboard while they talked. "I know. But how am I supposed to escape a place like this?"

Kayla smiled cryptically. "Now that is something I can answer."

(Please vote and comment if you're enjoying this story!)