Chapter 8: Julius Catches a Thief

Picture:
Top: Heart Castle
Middle: Vivaldi
Bottom: Peter
A/N: Exciting stuff will happen in this chapter! Yay! I wanna hit the completed button so bad since the whole book ends in a cliffhanger, but I've still got 2 more long chapters after this. Thanks for following the story this far and please vote and comment! Thanks!
~Ginger

Elise opened the door, surprised to see Blood standing there. Julius was furious that they had been 'Joking around' with something potentially incredibly dangerous, and had taken the book away. Time and Elise had discussed the book a bit longer, deciding that it was dangerous because anyone could write '(name) will be dead' and the person would die.

Elise hadn't left the Clock Tower just yet, but was planning to go finally meet the people at the castle while she was out. Blood was here at the moment, though...

"Uh, Hi, Blood! What're you doing here?" Elise said in surprise.

"I have... business. With the Clockmaker." Blood answered. "Now, if you wouldn't mind..."

"By the way," Elise stepped to the side so that Blood could enter, but grabbed his sleeve before he passed her. "I have a question for you."

"Yes?"

"Who's your copy? See, in the diary, Alice said-" Elise paused, knowing that if she said any more it would be 'against the rules' or so to speak.

"Young Lady..." Blood hesitated and shook his head. "Don't concern yourself in matters which concern my copy. As the name implies, as the Mad Hatter... She's insane."

"Oh. Uh, okay."

Elise closed the door and ran down the steps to go out of the Clock Tower. Once she was out, Elise went on the path to Heart Castle, ready to officially meet the Role-Holders there.

~~~~~

"Hello?" Elise poked a guard lightly in the shoulder.

"Yes? Oh, are you an Outsider?" The guard turned around and looked at her, surprised.

"Yeah." Elise shrugged. "I wanted to see if I could... Uh, have an audience with Viv-I mean, the queen."

"I'm sure she'd like to meet the Outsider. We had an Outsider staying here just a few time periods ago, but she disappeared."

Elise thought of Tracy. "She's not here anymore?"

"No, we looked for her but she's not anywhere." the guard explained. "Her Majesty had a right fit about it, and beheaded everyone in the area."

"Oh."

"Anyways, I'll see if we can get you in. Wait here." The guard left and Elise sat down cross-legged, observing the castle. It was a beautiful sight, with reds, blues, purples, and hearts everywhere. There was a huge hedge maze in the front that had taken Elise forever to get through, but it was fun.

A few minutes later the guard was back. "Her Majesty would like to see you immediately." He said with a smile. The gates opened and Elise walked into a large corridor that ended in a ballroom type thing, with Vivaldi sitting on a throne that was high up on a balcony on the far side of the room. A man she recognized as Peter White, the rabbit-eared Prime Minister, stood beside her.

Vivaldi was beautiful; Her dress was black, red, and purple, and was laced up on the bodice, holding the dress together. Elise had seen Vivaldi in the manga but she was even more amazing in real life-

...wait, the manga? What's... a manga?

Elise couldn't quite remember what a manga was, so she shrugged and smiled. Vivaldi looked interested.