Chapter 15: "You Shouldn't Argue, Not Right Now!"

A/N:
Last chapter of part 1!! I'm excited, at least....  Achente and xPaintx and UminekoMARIA have all written something I've published in this book or given moral support(no matter how rude -.-), so thank you to them!
-Ginger

-Elise's POV-

I was dead. I knew I was dead. I felt... Dead.

...I had fallen from the middle of the wall, almost fifteen feet up, and a dangerous fall.

My left arm hurt badly, and my right kneecap and shin stung holy hell. I didn't move, sighing, and then remembering-

I'm out of Hatter Mansion! I'M COMPLETELY FREE!

-And then-

...I'm stuck here forever with no means of getting home...

-To-

...I wonder where that Tracy girl I met before at the tea party is?

After my chain of thought was finished, I blinked and observed that the sky was a pale gray, signifying the dawn. It was only the slightest bit cold out, so I was fine. I used my right arm to push myself up. A resonating stab of pain in my left arm made me sure of one thing I hoped wasn't true- My arm was broken.

I let out a shaky sigh of pain and numbly looked at my right forearm, which was smudged with dirt. My dress was torn up at the bottom, and I had lost my flip-flops on the other side of the wall. I wiped my eyes and noticed that I was crying. I felt guilty, too, for leaving my friends. Somehow, I knew, they would be okay. They wanted me to leave, and took it onto themselves to help me create an opportunity.

Thanks, guys!

I sighed again. My mind was moving twice as slow than usual, and I felt a serious headache coming on. A few minutes of silence passed and I sighed... Again. Tears were coming on slowly, some of guilt, some of pain, and some of joy. "Hey, look, it's you!"

I looked in the direction of the soft voice and saw Tracy, the other outsider girl, but she was barely recognizable. She looked in a lot better than last time, with a pair of blue jeans on and a tee-shirt.

"Tracy! Hi..." She walked over to me as I spoke with a smile.

"You escaped!"

"B-Barely. Whatcha doin' out here?"  I asked with a laugh.

"Well, I escaped from the mansion and went back to Heart Castle, but then Ace was acting crazy and him and Peter were having a fight, but then the queen got involved and I left." Tracy replied with an irked sigh. "You okay?"

"Yeah, but my arm hurts. I think I broke it."

Tracy thought for a moment with her face in a closed and calm expression, then she smiled brightly. "Sorry, but with the way things are now, I can't take you to the castle. If you sit tight, I'll get Boris, and he'll take you to the Amusement Park First Aid room!" Tracy turned on the ball of her foot as I nodded.

"Okay, I'll sit tight."

I watched as Tracy literally sprinted out of my sight and into the woods. I sighed(AGAIN!) and wiped my eyes again with one hand. My tears had dried, but unfortunately they had done nothing but wet the dirt on my face. I quickly ripped a piece of cloth of my dress(it was ruined anyways...) and wiped my face with it, promptly discarding it on the forest floor when I was done. I did all of this with my right hand, my left gently laying in my lap.

I sat there for several minutes, studying the strange pattern of bark on a tree. I was bored, but knew better than to get up and move around. My arm hurt, but I ignored it. My toes scuffed the dirt and I sighed(...) with a small smile on my face.

After a bit of waiting, I heard voices, one I recognized as Tracy's and another soft and warm male voice that I didn't recognize. "Elise!" Tracy yelled, a slight relived smile on her face as she reappeared out of the trees, waving her arms to get my attention. After her came someone I did know... But not personally.

It was the Cheshire Cat, Boris Airay. He was instantly recognizable; Boris had pink hair and long bangswith a pair of heavily pierced pink cat ears sticking out. His outfit was also very unique, with a long striped pink fur he wrapped around his shoulders punctuating it. His right hand had a few golden rings on it.

"Oh, hello!" I said, getting to my knees as they approached. Boris looked worried. "Don't worry, I'm fine." I reassured him, and Boris grinned. One of his most recognizing features that they couldn't capture in the manga were the mercurial, ever-changing expressions on his face.

Boris pushed his bangs from one curious golden eye, staring at my arm and over serving my situation. He kneeled next to me on the ground. "Does this hurt?" He lightly applied pressure to my arm, his reflexes obviously fine-tuned to retreat as I gasped at the sudden pain and nodded.

He quickly took his hand off. Tracy watched, fascinated, as Boris wiped a bit of the dirt off of my heavily scratched shins and rose slightly to a crouch. "...What's wrong?" I asked weakly as Boris stared at me for a second.

"Oh, sorry." Boris shook his head, the smile returning to his face. His hand wiped another bit of dirt I had missed off my cheek and then Boris proceeded to pick me up bridal-style.

"Wha-Hey..." I said awkwardly, an embarrassed blush appearing on my cheeks as Tracy laughed.

"It's the only way I can carry you without hurting you!" Boris said with a slightly sheepish smirk. "Sorry, but you really shouldn't argue... Not when you're hurt!"

"Fine..." I grumped. At least he was doing it considerately. Tracy snorted behind us.

"I ship it!" She whispered and I made a face at her. Boris pretended not to notice.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Boris.... Boris Airay. Nice to meet you..."

I resisted my instinctual "I know..." And replied, "My name's Elise..."

"Miss Elise." Boris finished politely as he walked at a good pace to the Amusement Park. Boris seemed like a focused and kind person, more similar than Blood to the manga but still very different. More... Quiet and collected. But he still had that ridiculously cute childish air around him that probably came from his cat ears and tail.

A slight jingle elicited from his many earrings as Boris tilted his head. "Something wrong? You don't like my ears or something?"

I realized that I had accidentally been staring at the flicking cat ears for a while. "Ah- N-No! Y-Your ears are fine! They just..." I felt the blush return to my face. "...They look really... Furry... And stuff..."

"Um..." Boris looked slightly panicked. Only slightly.

It was really awkward... I had to restrain myself to not start petting him like a cat, since that would probably start causing chaos in the shipping world(don't you people even think about it...). I closed my eyes and sighed.

I've already met the Cheshire Cat! I wish I could tell my friends about this...

'~Mmm, sure, Hon~. ~I see how it is, cheating on your true love~'

Get out of my fucking head!

~

He could hear it. The loud thump of an outsider's heart... Slowly staggering and being replaced by the ticking clock that signified the fact that they were all living embodiments of time. There was nothing he could do... But wait and watch.

~
A/N:
Aaaaaaand Indigo is back ;P
Thank you guys for reading!
Don't forget to comment and vote if you're enjoying this story! I'll update again tomorrow!
-Ginger