*Chapter 8*

*Kayleigh's POV*
Today's August 8th! And we are finally in Baltimore, which means after this show we're going to Virginia! I'm so excited to go!!! Me and Brooke have already planned to go to the beach and all this other crazy shit to do in the next  8 days! The boys were just finishing up their show. The music to Best Song Ever was just ending and the guys were saying their last thank you's to the crowd! Yay only five more minutes till we leave and were on our way to Virginia Beach!
"Thank you so much Baltimore! We love you!" Liam said. They ran all over the stage blowing kisses and waving to fans who had seats on the floor! Then finally they walked down the runway and started waving to the fans down there.
"Thank you Baltimore! We love you, we'll back soon!" Niall said.
"Thank you so much!" Louis said smiling proudly.
"It was the best song ever, best song everrrrr" Liam sang as they all started back to the main stage and through the little entrance that would lead them backstage.
"Good night Baltimore! See you soon!" Liam said while running through the entrance, Niall stopped and jumped as the same time as the fireworks then ran back, as Harry waved to the crowd one last time! Finally they were back and getting changed quickly so we could all go leave and get ready for a little beachy retreat!
                                 ***
We were literally fifteen minutes away from my house, I was just looking at everything as we drove admiring the sights since I hadn't been here in a while. I looked around in the car to see what everyone else was up to. Louis was sleeping, Liam and Sophia were cuddled up and looking out the window, Brooke was driving so she was paying attention to the road, Harry sat in the passenger seat so he could sit next to Brooke, he was holding one of her hands and was just watching her; she totally has some explaining to do. Niall sat in the seat next to mine and was just watching out the window too. Everyone seemed quiet which was weird but it is 9:30 in the morning on a Sunday. We finally pulled up to my house! I got and ran to the front door, I started knocking.
My mom opened the door and squealed!
"My baby girl is home!" She said while hugging and squeezing me to death.
"Hi momma!" I said laughing and hugging her back. She and my dad know everything that happened with Niall back in high school; I keep them up to date, after everything I've told them for the past two years they think I should move on and get past it since it sounds like Niall does.
"Where are those wonderful friends of yours that we have yet to meet?!" She said looking everywhere.
"Their still in the car mom, I'll go get them" I said laughing walking to go get them and get our bags.
"Guys, come on my mom wants to meet all of you" I said with a small smile, hoping my mom wouldn't be embarrassing me! I got a bunch okays and alrights. See my family hasn't met any of the band, so this is their first time meeting them. I walked back to the porch, the others following me.
"Mom is Chris, Hayley, Cody and Dad here so I can just do introductions?" I asked praying they were!
"Yeah they are, come on in everybody, we can get your bags after!" My mom said opening the door so we could file in.
I walked to the living room where everyone was sat and the rest following behind.
"Hey guys!" I said walking over and giving everyone hugs! They each replied with some type of hello.
"So mom and dad this is Liam, Sophia, Louis, Harry, Niall and you know Brooke!" I said.
"Guys this is my mom and dad, Lori and Scott!" I said to the others.
"Hi it's nice to meet you!" My mom said hugging everyone, I face palmed my face when she did that! And my dad don't even start on.
"Hayley,Cody, and Chris these are my friends; Harry, Louis, Liam, Sophia, and Niall!" I said pointing out the name to the face!
"And guys this is my sister, my soon to be brother in law, and my little brother!" I said. Thank god introductions are done! Now rooming assignments great! Well I know Chris has his room, Cody and Hayley have Hayley's room, Brooke and me can have my room, shit there's only 2 more rooms!
"Okay, so for rooming Brooke you can share my room with me! Sophia do you want to share a room with me and Brooke?? It can be like a girls night?? Niall and Harry can you share one of the guest rooms? And Louis and Liam can you share a room??" I asked politely.
"Sure I would love that!!" Sophia said excitedly, thank god!
"That's fine, Kayls." Niall said smiling at me, Harry was about to say something but shut up since Niall elbowed him in the stomach.
"What about you Liam and Louis??" I asked.
"Totally fine, Kayl!" Louis said.
                               ***
I was finally all set up and I was just walking down the stairs to go to the kitchen to see my mom while checking my phone, when I bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry!" I heard an Irish accent say.
"It's fine" I said with an irritated tone in my voice. He had a hurt look on his face.
"Kayleigh, can-" he started to say something but then my sister came running up to me, hugging me! When he saw that our little conversation, if you would call it that, had ended then he continued walking up the stairs to the room he was staying in.
"I missed my little sister so much!" She said.
"I missed my big sister so much too!" I said laughing pulling away.
"So have you found anything to wear to the engagement party???" She asked.
"Not yet bu-" I started to say but got cut off.
"We're going shopping later then!!" She said excitedly, "Oh yeah all your friends are invited to the party too!" She said while running up the stairs.
"Okay" I said while continuing to walk down the stairs. I made it to the kitchen with no interruptions, thank god!
"Hey mom" I said coming up to her and hugging her.
"Hey hun! What's up?" She said hugging me back.
"Nothing, I just missed ya and I wanted a hug" I said pulling away and sitting down on a bar stool in the kitchen.
"Oh well, I was talking to Niall." She said, oh god she talked to blondie? Jesus please help me!
"Really?" I said with straight face on.
"Yes Kayleigh, he is nice young man! Why don't you two get along?" She asked, "Why can't you just move past what happened in school? He seems like he wants to move past it, why can't you?"
"Cause mom he hasn't apologized and that's all I want! And I can't look past what he did! All I see when I look at him is the guy who friggen embarrassed me in front of the whole damn school!" I said my voice slightly raising towards the end.
"Kayleigh Grace Johnson! Don't use that type of voice with me! I know you and you can get passed what happened between you too! Just try for the benefit of your job and the sake of making a new friend!" She said giving me the look she used to give me whenever I was being disrespectful or making her angry when I wouldn't listen to her or my dad when I was younger.
"Fine I will try, once he apologizes and who knows when that's going to be mom" I said finally giving in, just to try and make her happier.
"That's my girl!" She said going over to the fridge to get stuff out for lunch.