*Chapter 21*

*Kayleigh's POV*
So it's been about a month since Niall asked me to be his girlfriend and we've kept it quiet from the fans. But today is the day we're going to Ireland! I'm so excited to be coming back to Ireland! It's so gorgeous and I just love seeing the land where there's no buildings and just land. We were on the plane, I had the window seat, looking outside the window to see clouds and soon land started to appear. I guess we were landing.
"Baby, I have ta ask ya something'." Niall told me bringing me out of my trance of staring out the window. I turned towards him.
"What do you need to ask?" I asked him giving him a serious expression.
"Uh...me mum wants to meet ya." He said scratching his neck.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah. I mean I know it's early but it's just cause we were in Ireland an she was like I wanna meet t'is gurl since ya always talk 'bout her." He said trying to avoid looking at me by looking everywhere else. I gently grabbed his cheek.
"You talk about me?" I asked sweetly.
"Of course I do, ya mean the world ta me." He said placing his hand over mine. He's to good for me, god why did I ever let something from high school bother me so much?
"Even when we weren't together?" I asked quietly.
"Yeah even when we weren't together." He said just as quiet as me. I gently leaned over the arm rest separating us, and put my lips on his. His top lip over my bottom one. The kiss was full of love and passion, it was one of the best kisses we've actually had to think of it. We were then by the captain coming over the intercom telling us we were landing soon.
***
"Are ya nervous?" Niall asked me.
"Just a little bit." I said getting nervous as we got closer to his mom's house.
"Don't be she'll love ya." He said grabbing my hand as he drove.
"Do I look okay?" I asked getting nervous on wearing just jeans, a sweater and uggs to be comfortable.
"Ya look fine, babe." He said giving my hand a squeeze.
"Okay." I said interlocking our fingers and I just looked outside the window as we drove. In a couple more minutes we had made it to his mom's house, he turned into the driveway and then parked the car.
"C'mon babe." He said opening my for me and taking my hand. He went up to the door when it opened.
"Niall!" His mom said wrapping him up in a hug.
"Mum!" He said hugging her back. Then she pulled back and looked at me.
"You must be Kayleigh!" She said giving me a hug also. I hugged her back, Niall behind her giving me a thumbs up and smiling. I just smiled back. His mom pulled back from the hug.
"Oh c'mon in, it's freezing out there." She said smiling at us. Once we were in the house we went and sat in the living room.
"It's so nice to meet you finally after hearing all the things that Niall's said about you." She said politely.
"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs.Gallagher." I said smiling at her.
"Oh honey call me Maura! Mrs.Gallagher is too formal!" She said laughing.
"Okay." I said smiling and giggling at her.
"So how long are ya in Ireland for?" Maura asked.
"Till t'e 24th." Niall said wrapping his arm around me.
"Wonderful! So ya use to live in Ireland Kayleigh?" Maura asked.
"Uh yeah I did, for a couple of months. It's so gorgeous so I'm happy the guys do shows here and that I get to see it." I said smiling.
"Well hopefully you'll be coming back more with Niall having the year off and you wanting to be a singer." She said patting my knee.
"Hopefully I will." I said smiling, I looked over at Niall to see that he was looking down at his phone.
"What's going on Ni?" I asked.
"Oh just a mate that wanted ta hang out t'night." He said.
"Well you should go. I can stay here with your mom till you get back." I said smiling.
"Are ya sure?" He asked. I nodded my head. I didn't want to be that girlfriend who was controlling everything in her boyfriend's life.
"Yer t'e best princess." He said getting up and kissing my forehead. He went up to go get ready.
***
"Oh my god!" I said giggling at what Maura said, "Are you serious?"
"So serious! He always came home from school an' would talk 'bout ya." She said.
"Like what would he say?" I asked wanting to know what he said.
"Well when ya first came ta Ireland, or t'at first day of school, he came home an' was all quiet which was unusual for Niall. An' I asked what was up." She said, "And he said to me, Mum school was unbelievable today. An' I asked why. He said Mum the most amazin' gurl started school today. An' I could tell he really liked ya." She said looking at me.
"Really?" I said smiling when I heard her say that.
"Yeah. An' I can tell he loves ya now. But I remember everyday he came home after school once Kellen started making him being mean ta ya. He would be miserable an' when t'e day of t'e talent show happened, god he came home a wreck t'at day." She said.
"What do you mean?" I asked wanting to know more since I never went into detail with Niall about he felt.
*Maura's POV*
"I remember he came home and just went up to his room." I said remembering the day.
*Flashback*
I heard the front door slam shut.
"Niall?" I asked leaving the kitchen to check the front door. As I looked up the stairs, I could see him walking into his room and slamming that door shut. I went upstairs and knocked on his door.
"Niall? Honey can I come in?" I asked. I heard a silent yes. I opened the door and saw him laying on his bed, his hands covering his eyes.
"What happened Hun?" I asked.
"Kellen that's what happened." He said.
"What'd he make ya do?" I asked.
"I embarrassed her mum in front of the whole school basisally." He said sitting up tears in his eyes. Then he went into detail about what Kellen made him say and do.
"Oh Hun." I said giving him a hug.
"Mum I wanna apologize but she ran off crying an' she won't wanna talk ta me." He said. "But I made her cry."
"Well if your meant ta talk ta her, it'll happen." I said giving him a hug.
"Thanks mum." He said hugging me back. He just laid back down on the bed.
"What ya doin'?" I asked.
"Tryin' ta think of ways ta talk ta her." He said. I smiled at him and left him to think for himself.
*Flashback Ended*
"Oh my god." Kayleigh said.
"What?" I asked.
"He tried talking to me so many times but I would always ignore him. Then he would send flowers and he got my number somehow and texted me but I deleted it without reading it cause I was so angry!" She said putting her head in her hands.
"Hey don't be hard on ya self, Hun. Ya didn't know, ya guys are together now t'ats all t'at maters." I said giving her a hug.
"That's true." She said hugging me back, "thanks for tonight Maura. It was fun, talking and getting to know you."
"Same ta ya, Kayleigh." I said back to her. Then Niall walked came in. Kayleigh ran up to him and hugged him. He was so surprised but hugged her back.
"What's happen in'?" He mouthed to me. I just shrugged my shoulders. Kayleigh pulled back from the hug and said something quietly. Niall's facial expression changed from confused to caring. He whispered something back. Then she hugged him again.
"I love her." I mouthed to him giving him a thumbs up. He just smiled and gave me the most happiest smile I've ever seen on his face.
"I love her too mum." He mouthed. Then Kayleigh pulled back from the hug.
"I'm gonna go get changed and get ready for bed." She said pointing towards the stairs.
"So when is she meetin' your dad?" I asked.
"Later t'is week." He said.
"That's good. Is she gonna meet Greg, Denise and Theo too?" I asked.
"Yeah I hope she does." He said smiling biting at his nails.
"Have you met her family?" I asked.
"Yeah but before we were dating though. But they all told me that they approved of me and that I was what she needed." He told me.
"Well I'm happy t'at your happy." I told him smiling.
"Thanks mum." He said.