*Chapter 18*

*Kayleigh's POV*
Today is Niall's birthday and we're in a hotel in Las Vegas. It was around 11:00AM when I woke up from a peaceful sleep and saw that Niall was asleep next to me. I untangled myself from him and walked over to my phone to look and see if anyone had texted me. I looked back at Niall and saw that he was still sleeping. I walked over to the kitchen part of the room and looked in the cabinets to see that they were actually stocked. Finally I found a box of pancake mix. I started making pancakes when I felt arms wrap around my waist.
"Mornin' princess" Niall grumbled still sleepy in his morning voice.
"Morning Ni." I said turning around and hugging him. I leaned up and whispered "Happy birthday babe."
"Thanks Kayls." He said looking down at me.
"Are you excited for the next few days." I asked.
"Yeah especially since I get to spend them with you." He said giving me a peck on the lips.
"You know I'm going back to Virginia for a few days before we go back to the UK." I said turning around to finish the last of the batter.
"You didn't tell me that?" He asked.
"Well I need to help my sister with stuff she needs done with the wedding. And-" I started to say but got cut off by his phone ringing. Thank you God! He went over and saw who it was.
"We're not done talking about this Kayls." He said going into the bedroom part of the room. At least I know he's not angry cause he didn't use my full name.
*Niall's POV*
" 'Ello?" I asked.
"Niall, darlin' it's your mum, happy birthday my sweet boy." My mother said.
"T'anks mom." I said smiling.
"Believe it or not my baby was born 22 years ago!" She said, "Now look at him!"
"Ma! Don't worry I'll always be your baby." I said quietly.
"I know Niall! So how's the tour?" She asked.
"Good, it ended last night." I said smiling thinking about yesterday.
"Why da ya sound so disconnected?" She asked.
"What da ya mean?" I said snapping out my phase of thinking of the girl I love so much.
"I mean-" she said but cut herself off, "Your with someone!" Oh god she figured out that I like someone, the thing is she's not my girlfriend yet.
"Ya mum I am." I said smiling.
"Oh my god, is it that girl you've been crushin' on since high school!?" She asked.
"Yeah mum but we're not boyfriend and gurlfriend  yet." I said.
"Oh my god! Ya guys are good now?" She asked.
"Yeah mum we are." I said sighing.
"Oh I'm so happy for you darlin'!" She said excitedly.
"T'anks mum." I said smiling shyly thinking of the wonderful girl.
"So what's she like! You never said much while in school besides the other stuff that happened." She said.
"She's amazin' mum! She's beautiful, smart, kind, understandin' ,polite. She loves to sing and t'ats what she wants ta do as a career. She's really organized when it comes ta workin' as our assistant. She's just perfect to me." I finished gazing and smiling at the wall picturing her standing there.
" 'M so happy for ya Hun!" My mom said.
"Tanks mum." I said smiling.
"Yer welcome, I have t' go but I want to meet this gurl!" She said.
"Ok mum, love ya." I said.
"Love ya to." She said. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I walked out to see that Kayleigh had pancakes on a plate with fruit in a bowl.
"Thanks, babe." I said kissing her forehead then sitting down. We were eating when I remembered she mentioned she had to go back to Virginia soon.
"So what we were talking about before me mum called, when d' ya need to go back?" I asked.
"Uh well we go back to London the later day of the 20th cause you guys have the Apple Music Festival on the 22nd and you guys are here, the states, for a couple of days. So I think I'm gonna fly on Wednesday cause Hayley wants me to be there when she finds her dress and she made an appointment at this bridal shop to be on Thursday. Then I'm just gonna stay there for a couple of days and fly to London out of that airport." She said looking at me.
"What about us, don't you have to fly with us?" I asked.
"I can if you need me to but you guys know when your flying out and you have security with you so they'll know everything. I already got the days off, Ni." She said looking down.
"Okay. That's fine, I just didn't know. I wanted to spend more time with you." I said taking her hand in mine.
"We have tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday. Then another month of touring basically and then all of next year." She said giggling.
"There's not a time that I'm not with you." She said sarcastically.
"God how do you deal with that?" I said with my hand over my heart acting like I cared.
"I don't know." She giggling and smiling.
"I'm taking ya out tomorrow night." I said with a smile.
"Are you taking me out on a date, Horan?" She said acting all surprised.
"I am Johnson." I said getting up and pulling her into a hug.
***
Next Day
I was out in the living room of the hotel room, waiting for Kayleigh to be ready. I was about to say something when she came out. She didn't know what we were doing but I told her to dress casual.
"Ya look gorgeous." I said going up to her and hugging her.
"Thanks Ni but it's just a shirt and jeans." She said giggling towards the end.
"Yeah but still..." I said looking in her eyes. She just giggled and smiled, "Ya ready t' go?"
"Yeah, let's go I've been dying to see what you have planned." She said.
"Well let's go." I said.
                                   ***
We just arrived at Adventuredome, the greatest theme park in Las Vegas. I knew how much Kayleigh loved theme parks so why not take her here? I was guiding her out of the car since I told her to close her eyes when we were getting close.
"Can I open my eyes soon?" She asked me getting annoyed.
"Yeah ya can open t'em now." I whispered in her ear. She opened her eyes and was in awe.
"Oh my god!" She said turning towards me.
"This is the best first date ever!" She said attacking me in a hug.
"So you like it?" I asked looking down at her.
"Yeah let's go! I wanna go on all the rides!" She said dragging me towards the entrance gate.
                                  ***
"Oh my god that was so much fun!!" Kayleigh said as we walked towards the car.
"I'm glad ya liked it." I said holding her hand and holding her close.
"I didn't like it, I loved it." She said quietly.
"Well your gonna love t'e next place." I said opening up her door.
"There's more?" She asked.
"Well just dinner and then we can do whatever ya want t' do after." I said.
"Well where are we going for dinner?" She asked.
"You'll find out soon." I said getting into the drivers seat.
                               ***
We pulled up in front of The Cheesecake Factory, Kayleigh's favorite restaurant.
"Oh my god." She said looking at me.
"What?" I asked.
"You know me so well and I love that you picked this place." She said leaning over the counsel and kissing my cheek. I started blushing. I got out and went over to her door and opened it. She got out and we went into the restaurant.
                               ***
We had finished dinner and now we were walking the streets of Las Vegas.
"I know this isn't the best place to ask this but..." I started to say.
"What? You can ask me anything." She said stopping and looking at me.
"Well would ya be my gurlfriend, Kayleigh Grace Johnson?" I asked. She was quiet for a minute, I just looked down at the ground waiting for her answer. But instead of hearing words I felt her lips on mine.
"Does that answer your question?" She said pulling back and biting her lip. Her arms still locked around my neck
"Yeah." I said smiling and leaning in, kissing her again.