*Chapter 14*

*Niall's POV*
Its been almost a week since we were in Chciago! We are now in Detroit and right now I feel like shit. I woke up this morning full of aches and pains in my body and I was sweating like crazy! Oh fuck it's the flu! This is gonna suck we have some shows left! Why the hell is my immune system so damn weak? So for the past 4 hours I've been laying in bed, it's around 11:30AM so I've been up since 7:00AM. I hate the flu so much.
*Knock, knock*
"Come in" I said coughing at the end and shutting my eyes.
"Aww Ni, your sick? What's the matter?" The voice of the girl who I loved so much said.
"I think I have the flu, my body aches, I've got a bad cough, and I'm sweating like crazy, and is it really cold in here now?" I asked starting to shiver.
"Let's get you feeling better. How long have you been up?" She asked looking around my room for something.
"7:00AM maybe?" I said coughing. She finally found what she was looking for, my sweatshirt.
"Aww, you've been up for 4 hours? Why didn't you text me?" She said fixing my pillows so they were laid to give me support from not coughing as much. Then she made me sit up and she put my sweatshirt on me.
"Thanks, Kayls" I said smiling at her.
"You welcome, you need to get better so your staying here all day." She said.
"But I-" I started to say and get out of bed but she cut me off.
"No buts your staying here and not moving until we leave tomorrow" she said pushing me back into the bed.
"Well can I at least have company?" I asked.
"Fine but if I get sick, it's your fault." She said sitting down in the chair near the bed.
"You know, you can come sit in the bed." I said, "I promise to not be near you at all."
"I need to go buy some things to make soup and some other things while you take a nap." She said pulling the blankets over me. She's taking care of me and she doesn't have to do this on her day off.
"Kayleigh you don't have to do this." I said grabbing her hand before she could go.
"I want to do this, I'm not making myself do this." She said smiling at me, "I'll be back in maybe an hour or less? But you need rest so take a nap and hopefully you'll be asleep when I get back, but if you need anything text me or call me, okay?"
"Okay, Nurse Kayleigh." I said laughing.
"Ha ha very funny." She said while walking out the door.
"I love you." I whispered once I saw the door shut, then I closed my eyes and started falling into a peaceful sleep.
*Kayleigh's POV*
Once I was done shopping for the stuff I needed, I went back to Niall's hotel room. When I entered the door with the extra key I had, I saw that Niall was still asleep. He looked so peaceful.
At the store I bought cough syrup for his cough, Advil to help the pain all over his body, the ingredients for my moms homemade chicken noodle soup, and plenty of water. I went to the kitchen and got a pot out and started to make the soup. It had just hit 1 and the soup was done and was sitting on the stove. I looked over at Niall and saw that he was starting to wake up.
"Hey sleepyhead." I said walking over to him.
"Hi." He said blinking his eyes to become more awake.
"How was your nap?" I asked watching him get of bed.
"Good but I feel gross still." He said running his hands through his hair.
"Go take a shower then?" I asked.
"I think I am gonna." He said getting up and taking some clothes into the bathroom.
While he was taking a shower I sat down on the couch and watched TV bored by what was on the TV, I took out my book to write more of songs. After a few minutes, Niall came out of the bathroom with new clothes on.
"How do you feel now?" I asked once he sat on the couch with me.
"Better, just my cough is still horrible and my body aches like hell!" He said.
"Well do you want Advil for your body and cough syrup for your throat?" I asked. He nodded and followed me into the kitchen like a lost puppy. I gave him both things.
"What's that smell?" He asked.
"Soup?" I asked.
"Can I have some?" He asked.
"Yeah I made it for you!" I said laughing. After eating soup, Niall said his body still ached.
"Ya wanna know what else helps someone get better?" He asked while we watched a movie lying on the couches.
"What?" I asked.
"Cuddling as friends?" He said.
"Okay come here." I said giving in, he literally laid on top of me and I wrapped my arms around him.
"So do you feel better than earlier?" I asked.
"Yeah way better. Thanks again Kayls." He said snuggling closer to me.
"No problem, are your things still packed?" I asked.
"Yeah, what about ya?" He asked.
"I've been all set since this morning." I said watching the movie.
"I'm tired." He said then yawning.
"Then go to sleep." I said starting to run my hand up and down his back. In a few minutes I heard some snores and then I started to drift in and out. Finally I fell asleep.
                               ***
I fluttered my eyes open and saw bright ocean blue eyes watching me.
"Good morning sunshine," Niall said to me, "How was your sleep?"
"It was good, best I've ever slept." I said  with a smile.
"Your too cute, I feel so much better!" He said.
"That's good maybe it was just a cold?" I asked.
"I think it was a fluke but tanks for takin' care of me." He said getting up.
"Your welcome, I have to go change but I'll be back in a few and then we'll be on  the road to Philadelphia." I said getting up.
"Do you want me just to come with you and just wait for you?" He asked.
"Uh if you want to?" I said in a question. He said he was fine and followed me to my room with his bag and then sat on my bed.
"I'll be out in 20 minutes at the latest." I said taking clean clothes in with me.
                            ***
"You might be sitting there holding my hand
And you might be acting like you're my man
While we listen to the cover band, thinking you're a rockstar,
Singing my favorite song
Trying to cover up the fact that the girl from your past
Hasn't been here all along" I sang, "You're still in love with your ex, oh And I ain't one to be nobody's second best, no, Stop holding onto me when the truth is you can't let go,I think we both know, I'm looking in your eyes and I can see just what you're doing
Baby, I'm the one you're losing, you can't help it, You keep choosing your ex, oh"
After finishing my shower and getting in my new clothes, I went out of the bathroom and saw Niall still sitting on bed. His eyes were bug eyed.
"What? Are okay what's the matter?" I asked getting worried.
"When did you write that song?" He asked.
"Back in senior year of high school." I said.
"Who's the guy?" He asked.
"You wouldn't know him." I said starting to laugh.
"We're you serious about him or..." He asked.
"No it was just to get my mind off of someone I thought I was serious about, but he wasn't. But I was over him by the time I did date but apparently that guy wasn't." I said thinking about Dylan.
"Did you go out with him for a while?" He asked.
"Yeah from beginning of junior year to beginning of senior year." I said remembering that year.
"What happened?" He asked.
"Like our relationship burned out in the end and in the beginning of it he was amazing but he didn't compliment me and do what he did in the beginning so we both knew we couldn't do that to each other so we broke up and moved on but that was the last serious boyfriend I've had in a while." I said laughing at how pathetic my love life is.
"Why are you laughing?" He asked.
"I'm laughing at how pathetic my love life has been. I haven't had a serious boyfriend since before I started working for you guys." I said laughing at that.
"Hey, that means your independent and don't need a guy to depend on." He said while I was finishing braiding my hair.
"Yeah I know but it still would be nice to have someone to talk to and be with everyday." I said frowning.
"Well, we're both in the same boat, I've only had flings since One Direction started so..." He said trailing off.
"You wanna know something else? My mom is like your getting closer to an age where you can settle down, and your still single! I mean I love her but stop worrying about my love life." I said.
"She doesn't seem like she does that?" He said in the form of a question.
"Well not when I have friends over! Trust me if she finds the perfect guy for me, she'll try to set me up!" I said remembering some of the dates she set me up when I came home.
"Well-" Niall started to say but got cut off to Louis yelling at us to get our asses moving.
"What were you gonna say?" I asked Niall.
"It was nothing." He said grabbing his bags and then he grabbed one of my bags for me. He's too sweet, I wonder why he doesn't have a girlfriend? Any girl would be lucky to have him as their boyfriend. I hope I can find someone like Niall and I hope he can find someone for himself.