*Chapter 30* (Read Authors Note At the End)

*Kayleigh's POV*
It's been about two months since Australia, which I miss those days so much since I've been loaded with work on the album. I've had photo shoot after photo shoot, then I have to go to the recording studio to work on finishing touches of the album since it comes out in May. One of the best things that's happened for me is that Love Me Like You Mean It hit number five in the country charts. Niall made me take a photo with all the balloons he got me for my first single reaching the top 5! I was really proud of myself.

With all the work on the album I haven't had time to spend with Niall, which sucks but he told me he completely understands which is one of the reasons I love him! Plus if he's bored then he'll come to some of the photo shoots

With all the work on the album I haven't had time to spend with Niall, which sucks but he told me he completely understands which is one of the reasons I love him! Plus if he's bored then he'll come to some of the photo shoots. He's so supportive of me and I'm the same when it comes to his career which I love that we're like that with one another. Today I actually have the day off which I'm spending with Brooke then later I'm spending time with Niall. Right now I'm just waiting for Brooke to come out of Harry's apartment, she basically lives there now which I find hysterical. Finally she gets in the car.
"Hello Brookie it's good to see you." I said laughing while pulling away from the apartment complex.
"It's nice to see you too Kayls" she said smiling at me, then she looked down.
"What's that on your ring finger?" She asked taking my hand, while I'm driving!
"Brooke, I'm trying to drive!!!" I said steering the wheel with one hand at the moment.
"Sorry but what's the ring for?" She asked getting curious.
"It's a promise ring, Niall gave it to me on our 5 months." I said shrugging, "it's not a big deal."
"Not a big deal? Kayleigh! He basically promised that he wants to spend the rest of his life with you! That's friggen serious!!" Brooke told me.
"I know it's serious but we've known each other for some amount of time, you know high school, me working for him for 2 years, us dating for 6 months. It's a big step in our relationship but I'm serious about this relationship." I said staring at the road.
"Your sure? So your not gonna have an engagement ring on your finger next month? I feel like you guys are moving pretty fast." Brooke told me. I mean sure, we've been dating for 6 months but we're not gonna get married this year or next month, it's seriously gonna be a while before that. We're not living with each other, so I don't think we're moving to fast.
"Well we aren't living with each other and I'm not gonna get married for awhile so you have nothing to worry about." I said turning into the parking lot of the mall.
"Okay, I'm sorry I said that, I'm just protective of my best friend. I just don't want you to get hurt. But I'm gonna be so excited for when you guys do get married cause then hopefully I'll start to have nieces and nephews!!" She said with so excitement.
"Well that's not gonna be for a while so don't worry." I said thinking about the future and getting scared. What if Niall did propose soon? I don't want to get married yet when he got the box for the promise ring out of his pocket I was having a small panic attack but luckily he told me what it was. I'm only 22 years old, I don't want to be tied down yet, it'd be nice in a couple of years but not right now. And what would his management say if he got married during their break?
"Kayleigh are you okay?" Brooke asked me.
"Kind of?" I said in a questioning tone.
"What's that suppose to mean?" She asked.
"After you saying that, it made me think about the future and worrying that Niall would propose soon and all that. I'm to young to get married, he's to young! I'm starting my career, I don't wanna be held back! And what would his management would say? I'll tell you what they-" I said turning into the parking lot of the restaurant with Brooke cutting off my sentence.
"Kayleigh, I didn't mean to make you worry. But he's young to you know, so he probably doesn't want to get married and he still has a lot of stuff he wants to do with his career too. So don't worry, maybe you should talk to him about what's going on in your mind?" Brooke suggested.
"Your right I should and I know he does. I'm gonna talk to him tonight." I said parking the car.
"Okay and don't hide anything from him." Brooke said.
"I won't!" I said putting my hands in the air.
"Okay, now let's go get lunch and then do some shopping!" Brooke said getting out of the car. I sat in the car for one more minute thinking 'Are we moving to fast?'
****
"Niall?" I asked while we were watching a movie.
"Yeah babe?" He said looking down at me.
"Do you think we're moving to fast?" I asked with all seriousness on my face.
He had this look on his face, thinking.

"No, why do you think we are?" He said moving in his seat, I knew he was nervous

"No, why do you think we are?" He said moving in his seat, I knew he was nervous. I sat up and looked at him. He had the most nervous look on his face face dying to know what I was going to say to him, what was I going to say to him?
*Niall's POV*
I waited for her to speak, she just sat there looking at me.
"I don't know? Maybe?" She said unsure looking confused.
"Why are ya thinkin' like this all of a sudden baby?" I asked her taking her hands into mine.
"Well Brooke saw my promise ring and she was worried that we were moving to fast, thinking you would propose soon. Then after a couple of minutes I thought it over and I was so scared when I saw you take the box out of your pocket. I just froze, not knowing what I would have done if you did propose." She said looking anywhere but my eyes.
"What if I did propose to you? Would you have said no?" I said focusing on how she said she wouldn't have known what to do if I did that.
"Niall you can't just put me on the spot like that with that type of question!" She said getting up from the couch not looking in my eyes or at me.
"You would have said no, I know just from the way your acting." I said looking at the floor while putting my head in my hands.
"No I don't know what-" she started to say but I cut her off.
"Then why can't you look at me!" I yelled raising my head from my hands, "do you not love me?"
"Niall don't say that, of course I love you." She said looking at me with her glassy eyes.
"Then why are you worrying about the future?" I said getting frustrated.
"I am not worrying about the future! Your just putting words in my mouth!" She screamed at me. This is not the Kayleigh I fell in love with, where did the perfect girl who didn't care about anything go?
"What do you mean I'm putting words in your mouth!? Kayleigh, I'm not doing anything! Your the one who brought this subject up!" I said getting off the couch, "do you want to take a break?"
She shook her head back and forth.
"Then what do you want!?" I yelled.
"I don't know." She said quietly with tears in her eyes.
"Ya know what? I think Im gonna go home, maybe we did move to fast.Bye Kayleigh." I said getting my coat and shoes then walked towards the door.
"Niall please don't leave, please don't do this." She said with tears streaming down her face.
"When you know what you want text or call me, for right now just leave me alone." I said opening the door, then slamming it shut. I needed to get out of there before I gave in to her. Right now, I'm just gonna go home and not do anything.
I finally got home and just went to my bed. I just laid there thinking what did I do wrong? Maybe we did move fast? We just need space, that's all is what I keep telling myself. Is this what it feels like after fighting for the first time? Well if it is then it fucking sucks. I just want it to be over, it's horrible and it hasn't even been a day. I looked at my phone looking at the lock screen
(A:N// Imagine it be Niall and Kayleigh and a different blanket)

 I looked at my phone looking at the lock screen(A:N// Imagine it be Niall and Kayleigh and a different blanket)

Why can't it be like this again? I remember that day as clear as can be. What happened to us?

A:N// So this book is going to be coming to end soon, there's probably about 4 to 5 chapters left! I probably won't be making a sequel but I thinking of making a new book, which is in the works! And I hope you guys are going to like it! And to everyone voting so far, thank you so much!! I never expected to get any votes on this story but with everyone voting I was proved wrong!! I love everyone who has voted or commented!! But once again thank you!! 😊😊😊😊 Im gonna try to finish the book soon but I have work, school and a lot of stuff I have to do like looking at colleges and all college stuff! It's so fun! 😂🙄 But anyway vote and comment and once again thank you!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️