*Chapter 9*

*Brooke's POV*
"Kayleigh come on your sister wants to go the beach today!" I yelled up the stairs. Hayley was making sure we had everything need for the beach, then tonight like Hayley said we were going shopping for the engagement party for an outfit.
"Okay give me a minute!" She yelled back. It was like 1:30PM so the sun was out and shining bright! Which was good since we both needed tans! Finally my best friend came running down the stairs.
"Cute cover up!" I said smiling.
"Thanks? I've had it forever" she said giggling.
"Finally your ready, Kayls!" Hayley said.
"Is Sophia coming with us?" I asked.
"No her and Liam went to explore what Virginia Beach is like." Kayleigh said laughing, "They'll be back before dinner I think?"
"Well, you wanna see if anyone else wants to come to the beach like Louis, Harry or Niall?" Hayley asked.
"Uh sure" Kayleigh said going up stairs. She came down a couple seconds later.
"They said sure and they'll be down here in 2 minutes" She said smiling.
"Yay!! Haz is coming!" I said getting all excited!
"You have some explaining to do Brookie!" Kayleigh said laughing.
"I will later when we go to bed!" I said laughing.
The guys came down and we all put our stuff in the car. Me and Kayleigh went back to get waters for everyone, when her mom came into the kitchen.
"Where are you girls going?" Lori asked.
"To the beach, with Hayley, Louis, Harry and Niall" Kayleigh said.
"Oh that's good! You finally taking my advice honey!" Lori said giving Kayleigh a hug, "Well have fun! We're having dinner around 6!"
"Okay we'll be back then!" She said walking away. When we got outside, I asked Kayleigh something.
"What did she mean your taking her advice?" I asked curiously.
"Nothing, I'll tell you once you tell me what's going between you and Harold!" She said getting into the passenger seat next to her sister.
We finally got the beach, we picked a good spot to sit at. We all set up. Kayleigh and I had taken off our cover ups to put sun tan lotion/sunscreen to start getting tan for the engagement party. I noticed when Kayleigh took off her cover up, Niall was staring at her but did Kayleigh notice? No she just went on with her day like no one saw her. I have to talk to Niall and see what's up with him! Cause when I was driving here, I noticed that when ever Kayleigh was looking out the window, Niall would look over at her and just watch her. He always had this loving gaze on his face whenever he looked at her or whenever she talked. It was kind of cute watching him do that and she never noticed.
The guys had decided to go in the water while me, Hayley, and Kayleigh decided to tan a little while. It was just hitting 2:00PM, when I felt a splash of water on my stomach, when I felt it I screamed, I opened my eyes to see Mr.Harold Edward Styles standing in front of me.
"What was that!?" I asked trying to pretend to be angry.
"It was getting boring without you!" He said pouting.
"Well I guess I can come in the water." I said giving in, just seeing his face.
"Okay, meet me down by the water!" He said walking down to the water, I could see him standing by the edge of the water with his little man bun and aviator sunglasses.
"Kayls, I'm going down to the water for a little bit! I'll be back shortly!" I said.
"Okay!" She said back.
*Kayleigh's POV*
When Brooke had gone down to the water, I decided to talk to my sister and see what's up with the wedding.
"So Hales where is Cody on this beautiful beach day?" I said getting up stretching and walking over to get a water from the cooler.
"Working on a case that goes to court next week." She replied. See Cody is a prosecutor for the state, so he's working different cases each month! And my sister is a pediatric nurse at Richmond's Children Hospital! So their both very busy!!
"Oh what fun!" I said laughing, she laughed too.
"So have you made any plans for the wedding?" I asked.
"Yeah well we've, mainly me picked out outlines of our save the dates, I only have to book a time for photographs, then I've picked out my bridesmaids, Cody still has to pick his best man and groomsmen. I think since we're having the engagement party at the Yacht Club, I'm thinking of doing the ceremony and reception somewhere near the beach cause we love the beach! " she said listing off everything.
"That's good, have you looked at places to go find your wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses, and a place for the guys to find what their wearing?" I asked.
"Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that! I made it for November 4th! And I think I'm making Cody wear a shirt the color I want while the groomsmen wear no jacket just the dress shirt but in gray and they all wear white pants but they have to go shopping for that!" She said. I nodded my head and wrote things down for her on my phone.
"Are you writing things down for me?" She asked.
"Yeah? I thought it would be helpful." I said getting nervous.
"Oh thank god! I have the best sister and maid of honor ever!" She said hugging me!
"Have you thought about meeting with florists, photographers, videographers, and bakeries? Caterers, the décor, the color you thinking of??" I asked getting ready to write down more.
"Well I have looked at florists and photographers! But Cody has been so busy that I can't make appointments! And for bakeries and caterers I haven't thought of anything! I was hoping the place we choose for the reception will do the food but I need to start looking at bakeries! And since the wedding is in May, I was thinking of doing a light gray and a turquoise!" She said, I continued writing down what she needed to do and when she would do it until it got to the bachelor, bachelorette party and the bridal shower!
"I totally forgot about that!" She said getting nervous, we had figured everything out but that.
"Hales, that's my job to plan that! Don't worry I can plan the bridal shower and bachelorette party! That's the maid of honors job! And the bachelor party is the best mans job!" I said calming her down!
"I totally forgot! Oh my god thank god you helped me today cause I would have lost it!" She said laughing.
"I know you would've!" I said laughing with her when I saw the guys and Brooke walking up to our spot. I know I need to talk to Niall but I'm not doing it in front of everyone. My mom should be thankful I'm spending time near him but I do have to admit he is soooo hot without his shirt on. What are you saying Kayleigh?! He hasn't apologized and once he does or if he does, your only to be friends! You said you would never date him!!! My conscious was so right, what was I thinking but wow working out pays off even though I would never date him.
"Kayleigh?" Brooke was saying waving her hand in front of my face.
"What?" I asked once I realized I was zoned out.
"I asked if you were going to flip to your stomach to tan your back?" She asked.
"Damn your right I should do that" I said getting up and laying on my stomach laying my head down on my towel and closing my eyes after putting on my sunglasses and putting my hair up in a bun.
*Niall's POV*
We had just gotten out of the water and were walking up to where we were set up. I saw Kayleigh laying on her stomach, I have to say she is so hot in a bikini. I know that's what every guy says but she's fit you have to admit, she must work out but when does she have time when she's always with us? Well that's a workout it's self. I was zoned out just watching her, then she laid back down on her towel but her backside was to us now. Now I was staring at her ass, damn she has a nice ass too. Okay I need to stop thinking about that before I get too excited.
"Niall? Hello???" Brooke said waving her hand in front of my face.
"Hmm?" I hummed.
"I asked if you were coming back to the water with us?" She said.
"Uh sure." I said, "Let me just put more sunscreen on."
After doing that, I walked down to where Brooke waited for me while Harry and Louis were already in the water.
"Okay Horan, what's up with you?" She asked.
"What da ya mean?" I asked getting nervous.
"Why do you keep checking out my best friend?? Hmm??" She asked.
"I do not check out Kayleigh." I said with a straight face.
"Yeah you do, I saw it when we were driving to her parents house and on the way here, and just now when you were checking out her ass!" She said giggling at the end.
"You saw that? I'm so damn obvious!" I said getting angry with myself.
"Kind of but Kayleigh doesn't see it at all! She's so damn oblivious! It's kind of funny!" She said laughing.
"She doesn't notice?" I asked.
"No she still sees you as the same Niall. Not the one who is totally in love with her!" She said.
"Oh god! Did Harry tell ya!?" I asked, I have a feeling he did, see I told him last night and I know he tells Brooke everything so don't ask me why I told, I just did.
"Yeah he told me earlier and what actually happened in school." She said looking down at her feet.
"God damn it Harry!" I said getting frustrated.
"Don't be angry with him I asked him what was up with you and he told me!" She said.
"You promise you won't tell Kayleigh anything? I don't want her knowing, God we're not even on good terms, if she found out that I love her, god she'll fuckin' freak out!" I said.
"Don't worry your little secret is safe with me." She said running down to Harry who was waiting in the water.
                               ***
*Hayely's POV*
"Hey Kayls?" I asked.
"Yeah" she mumbled.
"Do you want to go down to the water? I'm getting hot." I asked hoping she would cause it was so damn hot!
"Sure why not!" She said getting up, taking her hair out and taking off her sunglasses. She walked down to the shoreline, I was close behind. We had just gotten to the edge of the water when a wave came and she shrieked from how cold it was when it hit her while I just walked in and swam to the others.
"Come on Kayleigh! It's not that bad!" Brooke yelled.
"Give me a minute!" Kayleigh yelled back as she slowly walked in. I then saw Brooke whisper to Niall. Then Niall went near Kayleigh. Oh no!
"What did you just tell him to do" I asked giggling.
"I told him to pick her up and then drop her in when he makes it back to where we are!" She replied. My mom told me what her and Niall talked about after everyone had ate lunch and left. It was so cute that he was in love with her! And what he did I'm not angry about, it made my sister who she is today! I knew I always I liked that kid, he's perfect for my sister, she just needed to get past what happened in the past! I was watching Niall come near her, she looked like she didn't even hate him in that moment.
"Niall what are you doing?" She asked him, he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder as he walked back she was screaming "Niall Horan don't you dare!"
She was giggling, smiling, having such a good time. He finally made it to where we were in the water.
"She pounded me back the entire time" he said laughing.
"Why did we stop? Niall why did you stop?" She questioned.
" 'M sorry darlin" he said, the darlin part coming out quieter so she wouldn't hear him.
"What do you mean your sorry?" She said giggling.
"For this" he said dropping her into the water. She came up and was soaking wet.
"Oh your gonna get it Horan!" She said laughing, playfully hitting his chest.
"Oh am I? Well just letting you know it was your best friends idea" he said wrapping his arms around her. She stopped hitting him and turned around and splashed Brooke.
"Oh my god Kayls!" She said laughing splashing Kayleigh back! Then a huge splash war started. We finally all got out of the water and dried off. Kayleigh asked me to take a picture of her and Brooke looking at the water, which I did then I looked at my phone seeing it was 5:00PM.
"Guys dinner is in hour so we should head home" I said looking at the five of them. I got a mixtures of okays and yeahs.
                               ***
We had just ate dinner, now everyone was taking a shower or waiting to take a shower. I was all ready to go shopping with Kayleigh, Brooke, and Sophia! I knew Kayleigh and Brooke needed new outfits for the engagement party so I decided I would let them pick it out and buy it for them and if Sophia needed an outfit too, I would buy it for her! Brooke walked down the stairs ready to go, Kayleigh close behind with Sophia by her side ready to go too.
***
We had just arrived at the mall, we went to sooooo many stores! Brooke had found this cute black strapless dress that black and white criss crossed on the top and she found a pair of nude color platform sandals! Sophia found a knee length black dress with a pair of nude heels that she had back at the house! And now we were just looking for Kayleigh! She said she wants a decent dress since it is for something formal and not to short but not too long. My sister was a pain in the ass when it comes to dress shopping, god help us for the future when she gets married and takes forever to find a wedding dress! Finally after searching every store we made it to the last one, it was friggen Macy's! She looked for something that was decent, finally Sophia shouted that she found something that Kayleigh might like! Kayleigh went and tried it on, she came out where this royal blue bandage dress that had a high neckline and it was knee length. She had this smile on her face, I knew she loved it!
"I really love it Hales!" She said smiling.
"Okay do you have shoes or do you need a new pair?" I asked smiling knowing she was happy.
"I need a new pair of shoes. But I already found a pair they were left in the fitting room and they were my size!" She said running back and getting them!
"Those are sooooo cute with the dress!" Brooke said.
"I know right!" Kayleigh said smiling.
"Good everyone has an outfit?" I asked.
"Yeah but do you?" Kayleigh asked.
"I do back at home! We're all set, go get changed and bring that stuff out!" I said telling Kayleigh. The mall was going to close it was almost hitting 9 and it took half an hour to get home.
"Here!" Kayleigh said handing me the dress and shoes, "Thanks Halyley!"
"Your welcome go wait by the door with Sophia" I told her, she went over and started talking to her.
"Did you see how happy she was today Hales?" Brooke asked me.
"At the beach? Yeah I noticed, she acted like she didn't have anything against him, I wish she was like that all the time with him. I wonder if she noticed?" I said smiling seeing how my sister was earlier today.
"I know right and I don't think she did. But they would be so cute together! I wish she would get past it." Brooke told me.
"I know what you mean, I hope one day she realizes that it's stupid and moves past it, so she can be happy." I said watching my little sister talking away. I hope she gets past it and can be happy, that's all I want for my little sister.