*Chapter 12*

*Kayleigh's POV*
Hayley's engagement party was amazing! She had such a fantastic engagement party! And the best part was me and Niall have been good! Today is Friday and were all going to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg! I'm so excited!! We're in the car on our way right now.
"So when do you want to start writing?" Niall asked.
"Whenever is fine." I said looking at him.
"Okay" he said smiling at me. Actually Niall and I are really close! I know that's amazing right!? He's actually a really great friend! We've talked about everything but the questions we have about that whole situation, but I hope we do soon. We finally got to Busch Gardens! I'm excited to go on all the rides!!! Me and Niall were walking up to the ticket booth.
"I got your ticket." Niall said looking down at me.
"No it's okay I got it." I said getting my card out of my wallet. Before I could hand it to the lady, Niall handed his card.
"Seriously Ni, I could've paid for mine." I said when we were walking away.
"It's fine Kayls." He said smiling down at me.
"Well thanks." I said giggling.
We walked over to the others since we were the last to buy our tickets.
"So we were thinking we could spilt up into groups?" Harry said hoping we would say yes.
"Okay, that's fine!" I said.
"Cool, Liam and Sophia, me and Brooke, and Niall, Kayleigh, and Louis." He said walking away with Brooke, her left hand intertwined with his right hand. They were so cute together! Then we told Liam and Sophia we would meet up for when the fireworks happen, and if they see Harry and Brooke to tell them that. After that we spilt up.
"Where do you guys wanna go?" I asked.
"Uh it's up to you Kayls, I don't care what we do." Niall said smiling.
"I wanna go to the Escape of Pompeii." Louis said.
"Okay I have an idea we go to one side of the park and work our way around?" I asked. They both agreed with me and we started walking towards the back to start there.
                               ***
"Oh my god that was so much fun!" I said once we got off the Griffin!
"I have to admit that was fun!" Louis said laughing.
"What did you think of it Ni?" I said walking next to him and looking up at him.
"It was so cool!" He said putting his arms up in the air. I started laughing at his reaction.
"Do you think we could go on the Alpengeist?" I asked putting on my best puppy dog face.
"I guess..." Niall said acting sad.
"Oh you know you want to!" I said giggling wrapping my arms around his torso and looking up at him. He smiled down at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
"Okay, we'll go on it!" He said giving in.
"Yay!!" I said screaming running towards the roller coaster dragging Niall and Louis with me.
*Niall's POV*
We were waiting in line for the roller coaster Kayleigh wanted to go on.
"Thanks Ni for wanting to go on the ride with me!" Kayleigh said looking up at me.
"Your welcome Kayls" I said looking down at her.
                                 ***
Finally we were reaching the front of the line.
"Yay we're next to get on!" Kayleigh said with so much excitement, she was jumping up and down.
"Calm down, Kayls." I said chuckling.
"I like your laugh." Kayleigh said looking up at me.
"I like-" I started to say but got interpreted by the person who was in charge of the ride.
"Next!" The guy exclaimed.
"C'mon Ni, I want to get the front row!" Kayleigh said taking my hand and dragging me to the front, and Louis was right behind us, smirking away. We finally were strapped in the seats, and the operator was counting down.
"I'm so excited! I've wanted to ride this for awhile!" Kayleigh said.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah, I've always loved roller coasters!" She said giggling. The ride then started going up, finally it reached the top and swerved down.
"Ahhhhh!" Kayleigh screamed. Once we got more into the ride, she started laughing and smiling. I looked down to see her holding my hand. I could feel tingles go up my arm.
                                ***
It now had hit 8:00PM and we had spent the whole day at the park, and we were now meeting up with the others to  watch the fireworks. Kayleigh was attached to my side the whole day cause I would go on all the rides with her while Louis didn't want to go on all the rides.
We were meeting at the spot to go on the cruise to see the fireworks. We all thought it seemed cool so we bought tickets for it. Harry, Brooke, Liam and Sophia were already there waiting for us. We all caught up and then we got into the boat.
We were sitting in the back side of the boat, waiting for it to take off. Finally it started to move and in a few minutes in the fireworks started. I looked around to see that Brooke and Harry were snuggled up, so were Liam and Sophia. Then I looked at Louis seeing that he was staring at the fireworks in awe. Lastly I looked over to see Kayleigh, next to me and she was staring at the sky.
"Hey Kayls?" I asked still looking at her.
"Yeah?" She said looking over at me.
"About what-" I started to say but she cut me off.
"I just wanna watch the fireworks right now, Ni." She said wrapping her arms around my arm then looked at the sky, "Can we talk about it later? I just wanna spend time with one of my best friends."
"I'm one of your best friends?" I asked looking at the sky too.
"Yeah after figuring this thing out and getting to know you over the past few days, I feel like I've known you forever." She said giggling.
"Really? So what's my favorite color?" I asked.
"It's a tie between green and blue." She said with no stutter, "What's my favorite color?"
"It's pink duh, you own a lot of stuff in that color." I said laughing, "Okay so what's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me?"
"The most embarrassing thing was probably that fall that happened during that golf tournament!" She said giggling, "Oh no Niall!"
"Okay stop that's old news" I said laughing.
"Well I couldn't make fun of you then since we weren't friends so..." She said laughing.
" I like your smile." I said looking at her, the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face.
"I like your eyes." She said looking at my eyes. It seemed like we were getting closer. We were about to kiss when she got up.
"I have to go find a bathroom, I'll be back soon." She said walking back in to the boat to find a bathroom. What just happened?
*Brooke's POV*
I saw that Kayleigh and Niall were getting closer. Yay!!! Then I saw them leaning towards one another. Then they were about to kiss then Kayleigh got up and ran off. What the fuck just happened?
"I'll be right back, I'm gonna use the bathroom." I said to Harry while getting up. I finally found the bathroom, I walked in. In one of the stalls I heard sniffling.
"Kayleigh?" I asked.
"Brookie?" She said quietly, oh god she only does that if something's up.
"What's the matter Kayls?" I asked. She then unlocked the stall and walked out wiping away a few stray tears.
"Did you see?" She asked.
"Yeah, why did you back out?" I asked curious to know.
"You know how we've became really close in like the past 3 days?" She asked.
"Yeah?" I asked with confusion.
"Well I just wanna be friends with him, I don't wanna date him! I mean for Christ sake we just became friends! I just wanna be friends and if we ever did date and then broke up it would be soooooo awkward!!" She said spilling everything to me.
"So wait you wanna date him but you wanna be friends because of that reason?!" I asked getting all excited.
"Kind of?" She asked in a question.
"It's a yes or no question Kayleigh!" I said with so much sass.
"I have no clue okay!? I just don't wanna focus on relationships, I'd rather focus on trying to get a singing career!" She said getting angry with me.
"Okay well, after that?" I asked hoping she would say yes.
"Drop the subject, Brooklyn Elizabeth Miller!" She said walking out of the bathroom. Oh shit she used my full name, this is serious.
I walked out to see that she was sitting next to Niall again but not as close but she was close. God she's sending him mixed signals! She seriously needs to figure out what she wants. I know she wants to focus on her music career but they would be so cute together! Kayleigh Grace Johnson better figure out her feelings and fast!