Nightmare

I jolted awake and quickly sat up, gasping for air. I grabbed at myself making sure I was alright and not injured. Thankfully I wasn't. "Weird..." I thought to myself and ran a hand through my long black hair. "I haven't had that dream since I was 12 or 13." I thought and furrowed my eye brows. My head was pounding. I was 17 now.
I haven't had that nightmare about what happened to my family since then. I reached for the night stand to grab my cup of water. I grabbed the cup and found it was empty. "Damn..." I thought to myself setting in back on the surface of the night stand. I slowly laid back down and pulled the blankets to my chin as I turned to my side. I closed my eyes and tried to think of something else. Suddenly my phone rang causing me to sit up quickly. I read the caller ID. "Auntie Jean." It read. She was the one that took me in after the murder. I loved my auntie Jean more than anything...more than my own other which was sad to say. She was a psychologist, which meant she was always busy. Didn't matter if it was 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon, if one of her patients needed her she would go. She's also the one who would sit an have sessions with me  after the incident.

"Hello?" I answered and rubbed my eyes from sleep. "Hey girly, just calling to check on you. I'm sorry, were you asleep?" She asked. I could tell she was feeling guilty. "I'm fine auntie, and don't feel bad." I told her. I checked the time. It was 1 in the morning. "Sorry, I get so caught up with work I forget the rest of the world is sleeping at this time." She chuckled a bit. "When are you coming home?" I asked. Suddenly there was a bit of static on the phone. "I  sh....home....okay?" She said. "What? You're breaking up." I said confused. I looked at my phone to see I had full bars of service. "I'll be....around...and then..." She said. Her voice sounded demonic between some words. My heart was pounding. "Auntie stop...this isn't funny." I huffed. "What?....hello?....hear....me?" She continued to break up. The static grew louder and she began to echo. "Just call me later, I can't understand you." I said holding the phone a little bit from my ear because the static was so loud. Suddenly I heard a click telling me the call has ended. I looked at my phone. "Okay then..." I said out loud to myself. I laid back down with a sigh. Suddenly my TV turned on and the volume was blasting loud. Once again I almost had another heart attack. "Fucking TV!" I shouted. It's been doing this lately for the past week. I searched desperately for the remote only to grow impatient and stand to turn off the tv. I crossed my arms waiting for it to turn back on but it didn't. I walked back to my bed and was about to crawl under the covers when it turned on again. I groaned loudly and ripped the plug from the wall making the TV turn off.  I smiled knowing I've won. "Sweet silence for sweet sleep." I said talking to myself. I turned around to walk back to bed but stopped due to hearing light foot steps outside. They stopped in front of my door and I quiet got down on the floor on both my heads and knees, crawling to the night stand. "You shouldn't have done that." I heard a low voice with almost an amusing tone, like trying to hold back laughter. I yanked open the drawer and grabbed my knife. It wasn't really my knife. It was a kitchen knife from down stairs. The tv turned on again to show black and white static. I covered my ears from the noise. What I saw next was enough to make me have another heart attack right then and there. A hand came out of the tv, then another one. Then a face. Blonde hair and black eyes with red piercing pupils. It was a young boy no older than 15-16. He seemed to be crying blood. I started at him with frozen fear as he continued to pull himself from the tv. He looked like link from Legend of Zelda. "G-get out of my house!" I shouted and swung the blade at him. He ducked and laughed. "You've met with a terrible fate haven't you?" He hummed. I turned around to see he was gone. I spun around and didn't see him. "I know you're secret." I heard a voice from behind me. I spun around but saw nothing "I'm not crazy..." I thought to myself trying to calm my nerves. "I know you kill people too." I heard a laughter. He was right in front of me and I swung the knife again. "Get out of my house!" I shouted. I ran to switch on the light but I was tripped. I landed hard on my stomach and had the air knocked out of me. I heard a dark laughter. I could see his red glowing pupils. Rage was began to take over me. I was not about to be the victim again. I stood up and was starting to catch my breath fairly quickly. He stepped forward and into the moon light. He had a smile across his face. "If you like to kill things so much...come and kill me." He sang. I laughed a bit as the rage built up inside me. "Okay." I hummed. I stepped forward and before he could move I grabbed a fist full of his blonde hair and slammed his face into the wall. I was about to do it again until he glitched out of my grasp. I turned around to see a small look of surprise. "Not bad..." He said smirking. "What the hell does he mean by not bad?" I thought to myself. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and he punched me in the stomach making me lose my breath again. By now I didn't even care. My adrenaline was pumping and I was now at my highest level of rage. I ran him back into the wall that stood behind him. I pulled him forward and onto the ground. An 'uff' sound came from his mouth. I kicked him repeatedly in the stomachs before he glitched away again. I turned to see him trying to go out the window. "Leaving so soon?" I hummed and pulled him back in. "Woooooah!" He called not expecting me to do so. I pulled him back into the room and round house kicked him in the face making him fall to the ground. "Jeff! Jeff code red. Code red!" He yelled. I ignored him and who ever this Jeff person he was calling for. He tripped me and tried to straddle me and hold me down. "You passed." He said. I ignored him again and threw him off of me. I punched him and straddled him getting ready to punch him again. "CODE RED JEFF, CODE RED!" He now screamed like a girl. I socked him a good one in the face and he glitched away just before I almost punched him again making me punch the floor. Hard.

I stood up and turned around to see my worst nightmare coming in through the window. I could see him perfectly in the moonlight. Dark hair, pale white skin....and that sinister smile. He's wide eyes starring at me. This was Jeff. The same Jeff that ruined my life. My family. I mean, not that I ever had a good life or family until now but still. I loved my past family. It wasn't always rough, we've had good times and he took that away from me. "Hey...Y/n." He laughed. I heard more static and covered my ears. It seemed to be I was the only one hearing the ear piercing static because they stood still as I fell to the floor in pain. My vision was getting blurry and the last thing I saw was both males approach me.