The Best Things

Jeff and I crashed on the couch out of exhaustion but mostly just to piss off Ben...and it worked! I stirred awake and smiled before opening my eyes to see Jeff under me a bit. I could feel his warmth as I was pressed against his chest and my arms laid lazily around his neck on his shoulders. I raised my head a bit to see if he was awake, but I wasn't even surprised when I still saw he was asleep. His eyebrows were ever so slightly scrunched almost into a "resting bitch face" and I smiled brushing some long strands of his nice hair out of his face with my finger tips. He took a deep breath making me rise up too from being on his chest. His hand came up and rubbed under his nose and then fell back down to hang off the couch, his fingers touching the cold wood floor. I began to study him again and I didn't even care how creepy I was being because I just missed Jeff so much. It feels like it's been forever since I've been this close to Jeff, since I've kissed him or told him I love him. As I looked up at him, his strong jaw line was the first apparent thing and I ran my index finger tip along it, making him pull is hand back up and I quickly took my hand away for him to swipe at nothing and then resuming his sleep. I snickered a bit quietly, covering my mouth careful not to laugh out loud. An idea popped into my head as I raised my hand again lowering it now under Jeff's nose and ran my finger slow enough for it to tickle him. I quickly pulled my hand away once he moved to rub under his nose again. I snickered once more. I had no idea why I found this so assuming. I admired him again before raising my hand up and running over Jeff's lips, this time he caught my hand and I realized he must have been awake but with his eyes closed (okay, quick moment here, I get Jeff doesn't have eye lids - I know I've read his story over a million times, but for the love of God and the sake of the story HE HAS EYELIDS). I giggled a bit and he smiled still keeping his eyes closed. He looked amused. "What are you doing, weirdo?" He joked and placed his hand on the back on my head, slowly beginning to rub it. "I got bored" I pouted. "Well then, go back to sleep." He replied. "...I can't." I broke the silence once more. "And why not?" He half sighed, keeping his eyes closed this whole conversation. "The couch is kind of uncomfortable." I stated. "You're lying on me, love." He yawned. "Well then...you're uncomfortable." I joked and he just chuckled in his raspy morning voice. "You whine to much, just close your eyes and go to sleep." He said ironically and I rested my head back on his chest and wait waited to feel sleepy but it never again. Raising my hand again I raised my hand too and used my index and thumb to open Jeff's eye lids, "wake up Jeff." I said sternly. "Ah! Geez women it's bright!" He pushed my hand away and rubbed his eye as I laughed again. He sat up straight and sapped his arms around me since I was already basically in his lap. "What if we go to the room, where the bed is more comfortable...because I agree this couch kind of sucks, and then we can cuddle and I can sleep." He said trying to convince me as he rested his chin on the top of my head. I played with the strings of his hoodie. "I'm hungry." I mumbled. "Why God, why does she have to be hungry." He groaned and I playful pinched his chest making him chuckle. "Alright well I guess we can find you something to eat before he go back to bed right?" He said and I reluctantly nodded my head not even bothering to mention to Jeff, I wasn't even tired anymore. He unwrapped himself from and stood, taking a quick stretch with his arms out stretched to the ceiling and he yawned once more. "My back hurt now from that fucking couch." He half smiled holding the small of his back and glaring at the couch. I stood and dragging him out of the living room by the hem of his sleeve.

Jeff searched the first cup broad and pulled out a roll of crackers. "Here, this should hold you off, now let's go upstairs." He said pushing the frackers into one of my hands and taking hold of the other getting ready to march away. "Jeff, I'm not a parrot." I pulled back on his hand to get him to stop. "And I'm pretty sure these things are stale." I said looking down at them. "You don't know that." He turned around to look at me hopeful. I glared at him and he sighed. "Alright...alright fine don't eat the crackers." He said placing them on the counter and going to the fridge. There was a half gallon of milk, some mustered and a brown paper bag that was labeled 'EJ'. I looked at the milk and trailed off towards the other cup broad that held the cereal. As I started pouring Jeff turned around at the sound of the cereal hitting the bowl. "Ooo! Pour me some too." He smiled and pulled the milk out of the fridge and grabbed spoons for us.

We sat in comfortable silence, just the two of us, eating cereal. Jeff's hand resting gently, yet, protectively on my leg as we sat next to each other. I occasionally looked over to him and smiled before returning my attention to my own bowl. "I'm so glad you're here." Jeff broke the silence and gave my leg a little squeeze. I smiled back. "I'm so glad you're here." I restated and chuckled. He chuckled as well before responding. "I'm being serious, you goof." He looked over to me now. I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm being serious too." I leaned over and kissed the corner of his mouth. "What a tease." He rolled his eyes. I flashed a teasing grin as he firmly grabbed my chin with his hand making me pucker up slight as he placed his lips upon mine. One thing was sure about Jeff, he was never short of passion, turning this into a small make out. When we finally pulled back I looked at him some what star stuck and blushing. He smirked down at his bowl now rather proud of himself before looking back up at me and shooting me a wink making me blush more. "You are something else today." I stated with a smile, placing my hand on his, that rested on my leg.