Its a game you play

Your POV

We all lingered around in the kitchen waiting for the cupcakes to finish baking. "This is taking forever..." Jeff sighed and leaned his elbows on the counter. "I'm going to go play, call me when they're ready." Sally mentioned before skipping off with her teddy bear who's name I learned was Charlie. The only sound left was the hum and slurping of a blue masked cannibal devouring a blood filled kidney. I tried my best to hold back my gagging, I didn't want to offend EJ. "Dude, knock it off you act like you haven't eaten in days." Jeff snapped. EJ froze and slowly looked up. "Oh geez...I'm sorry." He bashfully chuckled making me laugh. Jeff seemed to mumble something under his breath. I sighed quietly and looked between them. "So how long do you think these will take?" I asked trying to change the subject and lighten the tension. Jeff turned to me slightly. "Let go for a walk." He stated. "Jeff, you guys just came from a walk." EJ stated and wiped his hands on his back hoodie. "So? What is it to you Jack." Jeff growled at him over his shoulder. I raised an eyebrow. "You can't keep her away from everyone Jeff." EJ scoffed. Jeff stepped in front of me almost in a protective way and I raised my eyebrow. "I'm not going to tell you again." Jeff threatened. EJ raised his hand in surrender and soon broke out into a laugh and threw his arms down. "Why don't you tell her what you did to her Jeffrey?" EJ shrugged and turned to walk away. "You little-..." Jeff was about to walk after him but I pulled his arm making him stumble back towards me. He leaned both his hands on either side of me on the counter. "What is it?" He said seductively. "Jeff...what is he talking about?" I asked putting my hand between us and pushing him away slightly from his chest. "And why do you keep coming onto me." I asked. He sighed and let his head hang down as he took a step back. "Look...we should go out on the porch at least." He suggested. "No...I want to know what happened." I crossed my arms. "Well f we go on the porch I'll tell you." He snapped. I glared at him and rolled my eyes. He grabbed me by the shirt and lead me outside. "Knock it off Jeffrey Woods." I slapped his hands. He suddenly stopped an turned to me still not releasing his grip. "You just called me by my first name." He said surprised. I raised my eyebrow and tried to recall but I just said. "Oh...I guess I did." I said confused. "Do you remember anything else." He asked excited. "...no...now can you let go?" I said trying to turn away from him to get out of his grip. He sighed irritated and let me go. "Come on..." He mumbled and walked towards the door. I frowned and wished I could remember something...this was starting to get really frustrating.

"How are you feeling?" Jeff asked as I closed the front door. He leaned against the railing. "Jeff I-" I was about to remind him about what EJ said but he cut me off. "Tell me how you're feeling...are you feeling any different...anything weird?" He asked turning to me, leaning his back against the railing now. I looked at the wooden deck and then back at him. "Yeah...actually." I said honestly. "Can you explain?" He stared at me and I tried to look everywhere else but his eyes. "I feel dizzy and...more...aware I guess." I shrugged feeling a bit lame for my explanation. He only nodded. "I guess a little nauseous too." I added. "That seems normal." He tore his gaze away from me and turned back around again. "Why?" I asked slowly walking up next to him. "Because...you're immortal now." He stated like it was no big deal. I scoffed. "Sorry what?" I said in disbelief. I saw him smirk. "You're immortal...you're living forever, eternal life, not mortal, unable to die." He explained. "No, I understand what immortal means but...how did I become like this?" I asked trying to take it all in. "You died." He stated vaguely. "How?" I tried to pry. "You were stabbed to death...sort of." He added. I glared at him but he stayed looking forward. "By?" I started to grow irritated. "Someone." He mumbled. "Who?!" I snapped. "It's not important right now." He said looking at me out of the corner of his eye. I growled under my breath and turned away from him. "Well can you at least tell me what EJ was taking about? That is why you brought me out here." I said sarcastically and quite annoyed from how vague Jeff was being. Pretty shadowy if you ask me. "I guess." He said through a sigh as if he really didn't want to at all. "You probably won't believe me but me and you used to be neighbors...well actually we lived two houses down from each other." He began. I stayed quiet and tried hard to remember. "Okay, and?" I said wanting to know more. "We were best friends." He added. I knew he gave off that vibe. It was no wonder why we were so close now. "That makes sense." I nodded. "Why?" He now turned to look t me confused. "Well that explains why you're so close, and you felt pretty familiar." I explained with a shrug. I felt him starring at me again and I brought myself to look at him. He held a half smirk. "What?" I asked almost defensive. "You really don't know the half of it." He stated with an amused chuckled turning back to look into the woods. "So tell me then!" I half shouted getting impatient. "Maybe I will...maybe I won't." He shrugged and looked at me out of the corner of his eye again. I leaned my elbow on the railing and rested my chin in the palm of my hand with an "hmph". I heard him chuckle amused again. "You're cute when you're frustrated." he said ruffling my hair. I shoved his hand away.