Impulse

Jeff and I continued on through the forest and by the time we finally hit the edge of town, the sun was setting. "It only took us long enough." I huffed half joking. Jeff just teasingly shoved me and continued on down to the houses. "No ones really asleep yet so we have to wait anyways." He shrugged and I groaned getting a little anxious. "Oh hush already." He chuckled and grabbed my wrist leading me in his direction. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Just somewhere to pass some time." He stated. "Okay...but where?" I raised my eyebrow. "You talk to much." He replied looking over his shoulder at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. "I wouldn't do that if you want to keep that tongue." He threatened and I pulled my tongue back in and glared making him laugh again. I'm glad Jeff seemed to lighten up a bit. He continued to tug me along and before I knew it we were at the park we always used to go to when we were younger. "Oh man! Look at that! The play house is still here!" I said genuinely shocked. This place was pretty old when we were kids and it only got older. Jeff chuckled and as though we both read each other's mind we headed to the play house. The paint of the mental was chipping and the slides were filled with graffiti. I pulled myself up the three little steps and onto the first platform putting my hand upon the little stirring wheel. Jeff went around and climbed the ladder instead, all the way to the highest platform. "Y/n!" He called my name and I looked at him over my shoulder. "What?" I called back. "Come here!" He motioned me with his hand and I reluctantly released the wheel and climbed the other set of stairs, made my way across the little bridge and then climbed a small ladder to reach where he was. "It's still here." He pointed as he sat down criss cross. I squinted and finally saw what he was referring to. "Oh, no way!" I said with a big smile on my face as I ran my finger tips over the letters carved into the tan plastic of the top of the slide. It spelt our names. Not in a romantic way like "Y/n + Jeff = love" sort of thing but it was just my name under his and I knew exactly why it was there to began with. We were what Jeff called, "the king and queen of the big slide". I began to chuckle and looked to him with a blush of embarrassment. "We were such dorks back then." I said taking my hand away from the lettering. "I don't know what you're talking about but we were cool." He chuckled back as he laced his fingers together and put them behind his head as he leaned back to lay down. "How were we cool? you pronounced us "king" and "queen" of the big slide and we would always race all the other kids-" Jeff cut me off. "And we'd always win...we were the cool team." Jeff tilted his head a bit to look at me with a cocky expression. "Besides..." he shrugged and looked away. "You always looked so happy and had the biggest smile when we'd come up here I decided to make this our place....more so yours than mine but whatever." He stated the last part like nothing but I still smiled and leaned back to lay beside him now. I laughed a bit with a stupid smile on my face. "What?" He asked looking over to me now and I just shook my head. "Tell me." He half demanded and half begged. "Nothing...it's dumb." I brushed him off and spared a moment to look over at him and then away. "Did I ask if it was dumb? No, I just asked you to tell me." He glared. I stayed quiet and he sighed looking away from me and I took that time to tell him now. "It's just cute how you would always try your hardest to make me happy...even with little things...and I feel so stupid for never noticing them..." I trailed off as the ecstatic smile melted and turned into a somber frown. He seemed to notice as he rolled over on his side to face me. "That's okay Y/n...don't feel bad, I mean don't get me wrong it would've been great if you would've noticed sooner but you're noticing now so it's not like all my flirting and hard work was for nothing." He lightly chuckled to raise the mood and I just turned my head to look at him as tears began to fill up my eyes. "I feel so stupid." I mumbled but mostly because the person I wanted was right here in front of me yet it seemed like we were worlds apart...and it was all my fault. "H-hey don't cry...you're not stupid, it's okay really it is, I wasn't mad then and I'm definitely not mad now." He reached his hand slowly to my face almost as if he couldn't believe either how close we were yet so far apart. He wiped a stray tear with his thumb and I closed my eyes to stop the tears from falling and get myself under control. I cleared my throat and looked back up at the peach pink and orange sky. The sun was nearly gone and Jeff sat up again. "I guess we should head out...if that's okay with you?" He asked and looked back at me over his shoulder and I simply nodded pushing myself to a sitting position and then to stand. "After you." He said giving a weak smile and let me go first. I climbed down the ladder and Jeff followed suit. After crossing the little bridge we came to the little sets of stairs I could feel my palms began to sweat again...something that only happens around Jeff. I took the first step and even more slowly, took the second and third step before stopping completely. "What's wrong Y/n?" Jeff asked gently putting his hand on my shoulder genuinely concerned. I shook my head. "Nothings wrong." I stated feeling my heart pound loudly now. "Then...what are you doing?" Jeff asked confused. I swallowed hard and released a breath I was holding. "K-kissing you." I replied and spun around cupping Jeff's face in my hands and pulling him down to me all in one motion. I could automatically tell that I took him by surprise despite my warning. Jeff was nervous, as he cupped my face back but changed his mind and let his hand fall to my lower back, only for him to change his mind again as both his arms snaked around me pulling me closer to him. The kiss became more passionate as I wove my hands into Jeff's shiny raven black hair and slowly closed my hand with a handful of his hair making one of his hands fall to the side of my hip and the keep me in place from the middle of my back. I pulled away but Jeff didn't allow it as he smirked now cupping my face and closing the space between us yet again seeming that he couldn't get enough and I sure wasn't complaining. "You used....my line from...when we were....kids." He said between kisses. "I...know..." I laughed as he hardly let me talk as he attacked me with kisses. I chuckled and turned my head slightly so he wouldn't be kissing my teeth but Jeff only started kissing down my neck leaving little pecks almost everywhere. "You defeated the purpose of me being romantic." I chuckled some more and Jeff continued to kiss me without missing a single spot from my neck and all over my face mumbling things like "how much he missed me" and "how he will never let me go again."