In My Place

Your POV

I gazed around the living room. An odd memory of waking up here made me feel uneasy but almost comfortable. I looked at Jeff through the corner of my eye and saw he was leaning his elbow on the couch arm as he held his chin in his palm. It was clear boredom was taking over. I half smiled and turned my attention to Ben playing video games. He was playing Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask and I couldn't help but chuckle to myself about the look a likes.  "Keep your jokes to yourself." Ben said in warning knowing what I was thinking due to my chuckle. "What? I'm not even gonna say anything." I innocently said. "Mmhhmm." He hummed in disbelief. Jeff fake yawned. "Maybe you wouldn't be so "tired" if you'd just talk to her." Ben blurted out to Jeff making him glare at Ben. "Who asked you copycat?" Jeff snapped. "I said keep your jokes to yourself!" Ben shouted. "Keep your suggestions to yourself!" Jeff argued. "Whatever...you're always like this, you pretend you don't care and you waste time, then you bitch when someone swoops in and takes your chance." Ben said and my jaw hung open with shock. I looked between Ben and Jeff. Ben kept his attention of the tv not even caring what Jeff was going to do to him. Jeff on the other hand just stood behind him furious. Hands in a fist and breathing heavily, clearly trying to stay calm. "J-Jeff?" I called meekly wanted to suggest he just walk away. I slowly stood an approached him. Everything felt like a déjà vu. "Jeff come on...lets go upstairs." I said lightly pulling on his arm. He didn't budge. Ben continued to act like Jeff wasn't there. I was about to say something again when just grunted loudly cutting me off, he turned around quickly almost knocking me over as he exited the living room angrily and annoyed. I slowly walked after him. "Just leave me alone." He turned back towards me in the main hallway before we reached the bottom of the stairs. I found myself flinching at his anger towards me. I looked at him in an apologetic way. "Sorry...I just wanted to help..." I said tearing my eyes away from him and looking down. "Well you're not helping, you can't even remember anything about me or who I am to you and now you want to help me?" He scoffed and turned to walk up the stairs. "...I'm sorry." I mumbled. "Yeah, me too." He responded harshly as he disappeared to the second floor. My heart pounded and I felt my lip quiver from sadness. I turned towards the front door and walking rather quickly to leave the mansion.

I roamed the forest trying not to stray to far from the direction of the mansion. "This is all my fault..." I thought to myself. "I wish I could remember something." I added and I sighed. "Why can't I remember ANYTHING?!" I groaned frustrated and leaned my forehead against the rough bark of the tall trees surrounding me. It was quite peaceful minus the stress I was having right now. "Fret not my dear." A deep smooth voice slithered. I whipped around as chills ran up my body. "I know that voice...." I thought to myself feeling my heart pound anxiously. "It is not your fault...what Jeff did to you was his choice." The voice called out almost amused. "What do you mean? Who are you!?" I shouted trying to be bold but it was clear I was hesitant. The voice chuckled and ignored my demanding questions. "He loved you, you know." The voice teased now coming from behind me. I whipped around again to see a gust off purple disappear behind the tall thick tree. I narrowed my eyes at the sight. "Yeah I know, Jeff already told me." I replied and quietly snuck my way to the tree and peered behind it to find...nothing. I sighed quietly in defeat before another chuckle was heard. "Oh so I assume he told you want he did to your family and you...why you are, the way to are now?" The voice mocked and I felt someone stroke my hair. Chills ran down my back again and I jumped trying to catch a glimpse at this creature but there was nothing once again. "Don't touch me!" I growled. "Why don't you ask him?" The voice hummed. I was quiet for a minute. "Who are you?..." I mumbled. "You really want to know?" The voice teased. I glared at nothing and answered. "If I didn't want to know I wouldn't be asking." The voice chuckled but this time genuinely. "Very well then." And with that I felt a presents behind me. I wanted to cower but instead I slowly turned around as if my fast movement would scare the new found creature away. "S-Slender?..." I thought to myself as my eyes fell upon a figure that looked like him. A purple coat and a fedora to match. He wore a deviant smirk and I could feel my stomach turn upside down in the worst way possible. "W-who are y-you?" I asked taking a step back. "Offenderman at your service." His smirk grew as he leaned down to my level offering me a fully bloomed rose. I looked at it before looking back at him. I could feel myself slowly reaching for it. "Yes...go on my dear." Offender mumbled almost in excitement making me stop immediately from the trans I was in. "What do you want?" I asked pulling my hand away and letting it fall back down to my side. He frowned slightly before leaning back up. It was quiet for a moment as he tucked the rose away. "I merely just want you to know the truth." He said quietly as his smirk appeared back on his face. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. "The truth?...what truth?" I replied. He pushed his hands in his pockets of the coat and walked around me. I followed him carefully not to take my eyes off him. "Ask Jeff about the truth...what he did to your family and you...he made you this way you know." He said almost mocking. I looked down at the dirt ground. "What is he talking about?" I thought to myself. "If you don't believe me just ask him yourself." Offender chuckled. "And if he doesn't tell you the truth you come to me okay? Don't worry your pretty little head about anything." He said in a voice that made me shiver. "Why are you telling me this?" I asked getting annoyed with this cat and mouse game. Offender approached a tree. "Because everyone deserves to know who killed their family and ruined their life forever." Offender replied walking behind the tree. My eyes widened. "What?!" I shouted and ran after him but he was gone. The forest was silent and I ran around the tree in some hope of see him...but to no avail. "Offender!" I called but I was alone. My heart pounded and my stomach dropped. "This can't be..Jeff wouldn't do that...he couldn't, he seems to...he seems so..." I thought to myself and turned towards the mansion. "Fuck...I know nothing about him." I added and started to ran back home. "Jeff!" I called. I hope this wasn't true...

-------------------------------------
A/N

Dearest of readers,

I deeply and truly apologize for what a horrible author I've been on follow updates...I've been pretty stressed and and there's been a few hectic and complicated things going on in my life but I've been working them out so hopefully I can better myself as an author and be around more for you guys

Also thank you so much for all your feedback in the comments, I love reading all your comments and thank you if you liked and shared my chapters and my book it means so much to me and I can't thank you enough

So with that being said, I'm going to try and update sooner this time. Thank you for your patience

Much love,
CheyenneScissorHands