A Childs Choice

Jeff's POV

I sat still on the couch. I sat deep in thought with the TV off. Ben walked in and stood in front of me. "What's with you?" He asked slightly frowning. "You! why'd you have to mention the rule?!" I said throwing myself back against the couch. "Well, it's better than me staying quiet and then one of the Creepypasta councils finding out and then dragging her away and-" I gave ben a look that shut him up. "I don't want to think her about what they would do to her." I said somberly. I groaned and flopped on my stomach to face down on the couch. "Do you know how many asses sat there...it's like...you just shoved your face into someone's ass." Ben stated in slight disgust. I quickly sat up. "Gross." I mumbled and stood. "Where you going?" Ben asked curiously but still sat down on the couch in laziness. "To talk to Slender." I said boldly, but the moment I left the living room my coincidence slowly faded. I forced myself forward and risked getting yelled at and punished for her. I'd do anything for her.

I approached the double doors on the third floor, it was eerie up here and kind of cold. I stood hesitantly at the door and forced myself to knock. I await for the door to open as I shoved my hands in my front pocket. "You may enter." I heard his voice through the wooden plank that held me from pleading my immortality away. I slowly pushed the door open and squeezed through. "Ah, Jeffrey, what may I help you with today, you look rather troubled." He stated taking a sit on his chair, leaving his desk between us. "Uh...well, can I ask you something?" I said leaning against the door. "Do sit, child." He said motioning me to sit in front of him. I looked at the chair an back at slender. "I'll stand." I replied. I needed to make sure if I angered him I could get out of the room quickly. This was weird, this situation reminded as though, if slender was Y/n's dad and I had to ask permission to date her.

"Very well, what is this question that has been on your mind?" Slender leaned back to get comfortable. "How can...could I...may I-...." I stuttered all over the place before taking a deep breath and getting my shit together. "Can you go over the rule of wholes please?...." I trailed off looking at the floor. The room fell silent for a while that seemed like forever. It was so quiet I was fairly certain I could hear Jack chow down a kidney from the middle of the forest. Slender finally cleared his throat and stood, leaning his hands upon his desk to lean forward a bit. "May I ask why, child?" He spoke in a low voice almost like a purr or whisper. "J-just wondering." I chuckled and smiled nervously. "Alright..." Slender said leaning back up and putting his hands behind his back. "The rules are, an immortal mustn't love a mortal, for they are two very different begins." Slender started. "How different?" I mumbled. "Very." Slender answered. "An immortal can never die, just as a mortal can die at any time." Slender explained. "Okay well...what if an immortal falls in love with a mortal?" I asked trying to make it seem like I was still 'just wondering'. Slender looked at me for a long time again. "We'll surely there will be consequences and a punishment must take place." Slender said thinking about it a bit. "What if the mortal loves the immortal too?" I spoke fast and nervously. "There is no difference." Slender said sitting down and shoveling papers into a pile, lightly taping them against his desk to make them nice and neat. I stood still and quiet. "Is there anything else, child?" Slender asked almost as if he knew what I was all about right now. "Should I tell him?" I asked myself. "He is the one that gave me advise to get her..." I trailed off.

"Slender..." I spoke a bit worried. "Yes, child?" He asked awaiting my confession or so it seemed. He continued stacking and filing papers. I took a deep breath and tried to word this correctly. "Jeffrey?" Slender asked again and I guess I was thinking for to long. "I...I've broken the rules." I confessed. Slender chuckled almost amused. "How so, child?"

"I have fallen deeply in love with Y/n and I will not say I've made a mistake, I do not regret my choice in feelings so her, she's all I've ever wanted and I'm not giving that up." I said boldly. It was quiet for a moment and I swallowed hard. "It looks like you're just going to have to kill me." I said standing up straight.

"Child, if one is willing to die for the one they love, I see no wrong." Slender spoke and I sensed a small smile in his tone. I smiled. "Unfortunately....rules are rules..." Slender said returning to his normal tone. I frowned. "Wait...you're the one that was trying to get us together!" I said stomping over to him and slamming my fists to the table. "Yes, I'll admit, I do find you twi rather...how would one say "adorable" or much appealing to the eye." He said glaring at my fists raging against the wood of the desk. "I'll tell you what, considering this is the happiest you have been dear Jeffrey. I'll give you until the end of the 2 months to decide." He explained. I leaned away from him. "Decide what?..." I trailed off. "I believe you know what I'm talking about." Slender spoke sternly. I looked to him and then to the floor. I knew what he was talking about now but I had to say it out loud just to be sure.

"I have to decide whether I make her immortal or break up with her...." I mumbled. "You are aware of what the steps needed to be taken durning the transformation, correct?" Slender asked. "Remind me again." I stated and listened carefully. "If your choice is to make the transformation of immortality you are aware you will need to kill her and bring her back, correct?" Slender explained. I nodded. "How you kill her is by your means not mine or anyone else's means for that matter. If however you decide the best choice is to leave her side, her memory of everything she knew about you will vanish from her and you will be nothing what's so ever, she will have to leave the mansion immediately, never to return, otherwise death will take a favor from her." Slender said looking out the window "dramatically". I glared at him unamused at how into character he was getting about this. "So harsh." I thought to myself. "Indeed." He answered out loud and I cleared my thoughts from him. "Be warned though child, if anyone finds out, as I said before, a punishment must take place, one that I have no control over, do you understand?" He said turning around to look at me. I nodded. "Wait...aren't you on the Creepypasta council?" I asked immediately regretting my decision to come here. He stood silent and my stomachs turned, I cursed myself a million times. "Yes, I am...I just don't agree with most of the rules however." He explained best he could. "I see..." I said suspiciously. "Jeffrey....child, if you decide to make the step in the direction for immortality, if things go wrong, she may also lose her memories of you when she wakes in her new life." Slender spoke sadly. I swallowed hard and my heart pounded quickly against my chest. "Yeah...I know." I choked. "Then the choice is still yours...my wisdom and courage be in your favor." He said stacking more papers as if this conversation what's serious anymore. "Yeah..." I said glumly and shuffled towards the door like a zombie. I was so depressed about this. For once in my life, I hated being a Creepypasta.
I can't believe I'm putting this serious matter off for two months, but f course I can't just make the decision now...I don't want to mess up. Putting this serious topic off for two months is such a child's choice....but is the only bit of hope and faith I have left. How will I ever explain this to Y/n?