This Is The Storm

I closed the door to slender office and walked down the hallway drawing in another shaking breath. I made my way all the way to the living room and found Ben once again glued to the Tv. He shrieked again and stood straight up in the couch pointing at me. "She's gonna get me!" He yelled and Masky came running in. "I was just standing here..." I said honestly and glared at Ben. "Y-you're not gonna kill me?" Ben asked and eased up at bit. "No." I rolled my eyes. "I'm moving out." I said and walked towards the living room entrance. "Where's EJ have you seen him." I asked before leaving. I could here Ben jump off the couch and chase after me along with Masky. "You're what?!" The said surprisingly in unison. "Moving out." I repeated and looked at them over my shoulder. "Y-Y/n you can't move out." Masky said shocked. "I can...and I am." I continued my search for EJ. "I didn't mean for you to move out...." Ben said with guilt in his tone. "I know...it may decision...I just had a little help making it that all." I shrugged and walking into the dinning room. "M-Making what d-decision?" Toby asked curiously. "I'm moving out." I blurted out like nothing. Toby stared at me shocked. "Have you seen EJ?" I asked. When I didn't get an answered I sighed frustrated and walked into the kitchen. "Y-you c-c-can't move out!" Toby said joining Ben and Masky as they followed me. "You're moving?" Hoodie asked as he looked up at me from the inside of the fridge. I groaned quietly at tact I had to repeat myself. I nodded. "Where? To like...a different room?" Hoodie asked genuinely confused. "No. Out. I'm moving out." I said leaving the kitchen. "Why?!" Hoodie asked louder than I've ever heard him speak. "Have you seen EJ?" I asked them all again entering the main hallway. "You called?" EJ said from mid way of the stairs. "She's moving out!" Masky said panicking. "Tell her s-she can't!" Toby joined. EJ took the rest of the stairs two at a time and even jumped off the last three stars to get to us. "What?!" He said in disbelief too. "I moving out....I'm leaving." I said almost apologetic. "That's dumb don't do that." He shook his head and I managed a chuckle. "....I have to." I answered. "Bullshit you don't have to do anything you don't want to!" Ben shouted. "I want to." I answered calmly. Suddenly I felt arms around my legs. "Please don't go..." Sally begged with tears streaming down her face. I gave her another sad expression. "She won't go." EJ said trying to comfort Sally. The room fell silent for a minute before I spoke again. "...I'm leaving tomorrow." I spoke softly. I could feel eyes on me and I looked up to see Jeff looking at all of us from the top of the stair well, leaning against the banister. I wondered how long he was standing there. I saw him wipe at his face and it was clear he was crying. We starred at each other for a moment longer before he turned to walk away.

By then the sun was high on n the sky indicating it was noon. The rest of the afternoon seemed to drag on. The boys plus Sally wanted the make it last considering I told time by tomorrow I was booting myself out they didn't really have much time to spend with me in such short notice. "Guys you act like I'll never see you again." I forced myself to chuckle at Masky, Hoodie and Toby but they were quiet, rather determined on mixing the ingredients in the bowls and trying they're hardest to guilt trip me. "Who are going to bake with now?..." Masky sighed loudly. "I j-just started to l-l-like baking...." Toby added. I slightly frowned at them. "Oh come on, cut it out, I'll still come back a visit and who knows...maybe you guys can even come visit me." I shrugged and leaned against the counter. I poked my finger in some left over floor and drew small circles and other shapes in the powder. "St-still it's not going t-to be the s-same around here." Toby moped and handed off the batter to me. I began mixing it. "I know but it won't be too different...it'll just be like the times before I got here." I said looking from my bowl to them all standing in a line around the counter giving me pleading looks still. "Those times were so boring...everyone didn't talk to each other nearly as much as they do now...it was mostly just bickering and fighting." Hoodie said pulling his eyes backdown to his bowl. "Well then I can leave knowing I helped a little bit." I half smiled but they didn't responded for some time. "We still don't want you to go..." Masky finally said. I quietly sighed knowing there was nothing I could possibly say that could change their minds. That's when bloody painter poked his head in. "Hey, it's almost my time." He said to everyone. He arrived a while ago to the news that I was leaving and just like everyone else he wanted my sure my day was long and meaningful. "No it's not we just started a while ago." Masky said refusing harshly. Bloody painter frowned and looked to the clock in the kitchen. "Well...hurry up." He replied as his head disappeared back into the dining room.

After baking with the proxies, painting with Helen, playing fetch with Smile, having a tea party with Sally, hanging out with Liu and Sully in the front porch and even playing a little bit of video games with Ben - and yes the thought of strangling him did cross my mind more than once - I decided to make my way up stairs to find EJ....but to my dismay I spotted Jeff coming down the hallway. My heart couldn't help but beat faster though...although I hated him I still loved him and I hated myself for that. "So...you're really running..." He stopped in front of me and that's when I realized I was just standing there like an idiot. "I'm not running I'm moving there's a difference." I mumbled knowing he still heard me. I looked down at the carpeted hallway so I wouldn't have to look at his hickeys. I think he got the hint too considering he cleared his throat and unadjusted his collar. "I love you...and that will never change. You can kick and scream and yell at me all you want." He said stepping forward a bit. I stood still with my eyes averted down. "You can't just move out thinking you'll never see me again because if that's the plan...honey, you have another thing coming." He said with a smirk in his tone before grabbing my head and kissing the top of it since I was still focused on the ground. "Pretend to hate me all you want..." He said as he walked off. I balled my fists. "I do...I do hate you..." I said through clinched teeth. I wasn't mad mostly, I was trying to keep myself from crying. I wanted to stay but at the say time I knew it would be better for me to leave...get out of this house for a while forget about Jeff and purge him from my body. "I know you do." Jeff replied almost amused and I knew his words seeped with disbelief making me even question my own words. He then disappeared down the stairs and I grunted lowly to myself pinching the bridge of my nose out of frustration. "You good?" EJ asked now leaning against his doorway to his room. "I don't even know anymore..." I responded.