Cornered

I walked out on the porch. There Jeff was sitting on the railing and throwing a stick so smile could chase it. He drew out a breath. He must have not heard me come out considering he didn't turn around or move a muscle. I smiled mischievously at myself and went to sneak up behind him and scare him. As I got closer I could barely hold in a laugh but finally I just let out a scream to scare him. "AH!" He screamed loud and slipped from the railing and rolled over his shoulder quickly standing up. I even scared smile dog. I busted out laughing. "Pay backs a bitch!" I said through laughter. "Oh ha-ha very funny." He said annoyed and brushed off his hoodie of grass, leaves and dirt. The front door was pulled open and out stepped the boys from the kitchen. "Are you okay? I heard screaming!" EJ shouted. "I just scared Jeff." I explained still laughing. Ben then started laughing and high fived me. Suddenly I was picked up and thrown over Jeff's shoulder as he carried me down the porch stairs. Ben laughed and waved goodbye to me. "Jeff, stop put me down!" I shouted and kicked my legs. "Where?" He chuckled darkly. "Turn around!" I shouted referring to him going back to the mansion. "Oh? Turn around?" Jeff asked and begun spinning around. I screamed and I heard the other boys start laughing. "Help me!" I yelled but couldn't help but laugh too. I clung to Jeff and he laughed too. "A lady in distress! I shall save you Zelda!" Ben called out into the setting sun. Ben ran after Jeff with me still over his shoulder. I reached out for Ben but smile accidentally tripped him running after us too. Jeff stopped running to take a breath and laugh at Ben. "Ugh! Dumb dog!" Ben sneered at smile and wiped mud from his shirt. The rest of the boys on the porch were laughing so hard now. "Jeff put me down now." I said still trying to get out of his grasp. "You're so light, I think I might just keep you here." He laughed and spun again. Ben tripped him making Jeff pull me from his shoulder so he wouldn't land on me. Lucky we didn't land in the mud...but I did land directly on him. I quickly rolled over to the side and stood up throwing my fists in the air. "I'm free!" I yelled. Jeff started to get up and I ran to the porch for safety. EJ reached his hand out and I grabbed it. "I guess that means EJ is it." Ben said finally standing up. "What? We're playing tag?" EJ asked confused and looking around. Everyone shrugged. "Hurry up dude, you're it!" Jeff laughed. I was surprised he was actually enjoying himself. I smiled at EJ and ran from him. Everyone ran off the porch and away from EJ. "Alright then." EJ laughed. He dashed off the porch and headed for Liu who was the closest one to him. Liu laughed and ran the other way making EJ accidentally tag Ben. "You're it Ben!" EJ said darting the opposite way. I think everyone was laughing to loud it drew attention to the others in the house. "H-hey, can w-we play?" Toby called out happily. He stood on the porch with Masky and hoodie. It wasn't long before Sally ran from the doorway too, laughing and chasing smile. At this point we didn't even know who was it, we were just running around like loons, just laughing and yelling "Tag! You're it!" Suddenly I was running from Helen when I smacked right into Jeff, who was running from Ben. Jeff fell right on top of me. The game continued but we both froze. Jeff was breathing hard as he looked straight into my eyes. His eyes slowly scanned my face and he gave me a half smile. His breathing began to slow down from lack of movement now. Both his hands were on either side of my head, my hands were loosely around his wrists. I looked at him....I looked at him the way I looked at him 5 years ago. I don't know if I was just in the moment right now or not but I find Jeff suddenly more attractive than just a friend. His hair hung down towards the ground as he hovered over me and I slowly nervously. I felt my cheeks go red a bit as I gave him a half smile back. I let go of his wrist as he moved his hand to brush some of my bangs out of my face. "Are you guys playing a new game?" Ben smirked and laughed. Jeff stop of so fast he almost toppled over. "No, she fell and I was just helping her back up, we just ran into each other." Jeff said grabbing me by my upper arms and pulling me up off the ground to stand up. "Wait, she fell or you guys ran into each other, which on is it?" EJ now teased. "We ran into each other and then I fell." I explained smiling innocently. Liu then started laughing. Everyone looked to him in a weird way. "You guys haven't changed a bit, I swear." He said smiling at us both. My face slowly dusted with a blush. "What do you mean?" I asked sheepishly. "You guys always had the hots for each other, you would go every where together...I remember Jeff would get so mad when I-" Liu was cut off by Jeff. "Shut up!" Jeff shouted. "Oh come on, I'm just kidding." Liu laughed a lot more. "I wouldn't tell her." Liu smiled a small smile at Jeff. "They're getting along!" I shouted in joy to myself. Then it hit me. "Tell me what?" I questioned out loud. "Nothing." Liu turned to me. "Woah..wait, you guys were dating 5 years ago?" Masky asked. I laughed out of embarrassment. "No, I was only 12 and he was 13." I stated. "So? That didn't stop you from letting me-..." Jeff shut himself up. "We were only 12 and 13 we couldn't date." Jeff changed his answer. "Woah, woah, woah hold on a minute, are you saying if you could have dated her, you would have?" EJ asked. I knew he was smirked under that's man mask. "I...uh...she, we uh...you see-" Jeff stuttered madly. "It's a yes or no, Jeff." Ben grinned mischievously. "W-wait...what d-did you let h-him do?" Toby questioned. "Oh my god...are you kidding me..." I thought to myself. "Why do you guys care so damn much! Last time I checked my life was my business, stop bugging me about this!?" Jeff snapped. Everyone looked blankly at him. "You guys kissed didn't you?..." EJ asked amused. My face blew up with a blush, I was even more red than blood. How was that possible! "Holy. Fuck." Ben said shocked. He looked between us. "Ew! Germs!" Sally called. "Oh my god." I laughed and hid my red face in my hands. Jeff slowly begun laughing too. "Psh...no, we didn't kiss, you guys are so dumb." Jeff lied. Helen looked to Liu and Liu looked to EJ who looked to Ben then Masky to hoodie and hoodie to Toby and then to us. Sally sat confused on the grass with smile laying his head in her lap. "You guys are funny." Jeff continued. "So what did you guys do then?" Liu asked challenging. "We just hung out together." Jeff said. "And what did she let you do?" Helen asked. "S-she let me-" Jeff was cut off by Liu. "Shut up you kissed her you liar! You told me the minute you got home! You couldn't even keep yourself together you were a smiling mess...your smile then was bigger than the stupid smile you have now." Liu blurted out. I whipped my head to Jeff who turned bright red. The other boys laughed. "You must have had game back then to get her!" Ben laughed. Jeff crossed his arms and pouted a bit. I found my self think that was cute. "You guys are pricks, then you wonder why I hate you guys." Jeff growled angry and irritated. The laughing dialed down a bit. Jeff turned to walk into the forest but not before grabbing my arm and taking me with him. "We're finally gonna go killing." I thought to myself trying to delete that horrible awkward moment. The sun was already completely gone, making it easy to go on a spree.