The need to know

Your POV

"Here, sit." Jeff spoke softly as he knelt down helping me to sit. "Thanks." I said taking a spot in the grass. It was quiet but it was nice. I closed my eyes and listened to the slow wind move the blades of grass, the wind made my hair tickle my face and I drew in a deep breath, taking in the forest air.

"So...what do you remember?" Jeff broke the silences and my eyes snapped open and I looked to him before shrugging. "Somethings." I answered. He attempted a frown and I slightly smiled. "Like what?...do you remember your name, anything from your past?" He asked hopeful. I thought about it for a minute. "I do remember my name and my age...I remember I had a mother and father and sister but I don't remember what happened to them or why were separated. Um...I remember my favorite colors blue." I laughed lightly. "That's good, you're making progress." He smiled but almost as quickly as it formed, his smile slipped away. It was quiet again. "Maybe if I ask you some questions it'll help you remember some more things." Jeff chimed still with a hopeful tone. "Good idea." I replied. "Okay um...have you ever had a boyfriend?" He asked and leaned back against his arms. "Um...no I don't think so." I chuckled. He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Have you had your first kiss?" He asked getting more interested. I thought about it for a minute. "Well I'm 17, I'm guessing I must've had my first kiss sometime." I shrugged. He slowly nodded and looked down to the grass pulling out some patches of grass. "Would you ever get married?" He blurted out. "Um...I don't know. I mean...yeah I guess so, probably later in life." I looked to him. "Why Jeff, planning on marrying me or something?" I teased and laughed. He just chuckled. "Would you ever have kids?" He said looking at me through the corner of his eye. I shrugged. "Not now, even if I wanted to I can't." I answered. "What? Why not?" He asked worried. "It's not that I physically can't like I'm incapable, it's the fact that I take birth control through a shot and it last from three months." I explained. "Woah...sorry too much information." I turned red with embarrassment. He shook his head. "It's fine." He stated. "How many kids would you want...when you do?" He asked. "I don't know...maybe two, so they don't get lonely." I said looking to him and then around at the scenery. "Hey Jeff?" I asked. "Yes Y/n." He turned to me. "How do these questions help me remember something in my past?" I raised my eyebrow in suspicion. "If I didn't know any better, I think you're just playing 21 questions." I smirked to him. A light blush dusted his cheeks but he played it cool as he looked down at the grass. "Yeah? So what if I was?" He smirked back. "What're you gonna do about it?" He added. "Throw grass at you." I chuckled and did exactly that making the green blade of grass hit his face and fall into his lap. "Oh that's it, no more mister nice guy." He teased as he pulled piece of grass that stuck to his lips. He tackled me straddled me pulling grass and sprinkling in me as I was laughing. "Maybe he was a best friend before I lost my memory." I thought to myself. I continued to laugh and swipe at the grass to keep from falling in my face. I gripped his wrist but he quickly gripped mine and pinned me against the grass leaning over me. Our laughter dialed down and the breathing became slow and hitched. He looked down at me in that studying way, making me blush lightly. His eyes traveled to my lips and I could see he was biting his bottom lip. "You know..." He began and looked back into my eyes. "I'm not blonde either." He smirked. My light blush grew darker. "I see." I said as the corner of my month rose up in a half smile. He released my right hand so he could brush some loose strands of hair out of my face. He traced my bottom lip with his thumb. "It's a shame you lost your memory." He said sadly and rolled over, off of me and laid in the grass next to me. It was silent for a while and I looked at the clouds. "That one looks like a dove." I mumbled to him pointing to the cloud. He chuckled amused and reached for my hand, gently gripping my wrist. "Come on let's go back." He smiled to me.