All You Need Is Love

Chapter 19: All You Need Is Love

7 June 1968

Today my little brother Mike is getting married to Angela Fishwick. They're having the wedding up in North Wales, so Paul, Kate, Ritchie, the kids and I decided to all travel up together so we could all go to my dad's for the reception afterwards.

I'm rather excited for Mike on getting married. He struggled to find someone and Angela is a wonderful girl for him. Other than that, he had asked Paul to be his best man for the wedding. Paul seemed thrilled, so that makes me happy. And other than asking Paul to be his best man, he had asked me if Zak would be the ring bearer, of course I said yes. When Ritchie and I explained it all to him he didn't seem to understand much, but Mike said he'd take care of it.

The six of arrived at the St Bridget's Parish Church a little over an hour before the ceremony was to begin. Not too many people were here yet, only Mike and Angela, of course, as well as my dad, Angie, Ruthie, Angela's maid of honour and Mr. and Mrs. Fishwick. As we walked in immediately my dad came over to us.

"Paul! Pam! You made it! We were beginning to wonder."

I smiled and hugged him.

"That was my fault, I had a hard time getting the kids ready."

"Oh, that's fine baby girl. I know they can be a handful."

"Papa!"

Soon Zak ran over and grabbed onto my dad's leg. My dad smiled before picking him up.

"And here's my big grandson! Are you ready for Uncle Mike's wedding?"

"Unca Mikey!"

"Your aunts and uncles are excited to see the twins, they haven't seen them since they were born."

"It'll be good to see them too, it's been a while."

Mike then walked over to all of us.

"I'm so glad you all made it! There's my little niece and nephews. And Paul, who's this beautiful woman with you? You finally find the right bird?"

My brother held tightly onto Kate's hand.

"Michael, this is Kate. Kate, this is my younger brother, Mike. And to answer your question, yes, she's absolutely wonderful."

Kate began to flush before smiling at Mike.

"It's nice to meet you and congrats, it's so beautiful here."

"Nice to meet you too and thank you, I'm very happy with how it's all coming out. Well, we have a while until everything starts. The family and the others should be here soon."

"Alright, sounds good to us."

And with that Mike was off, Paul went with him followed by Kate, leaving Ritchie with the kids and I. The five of us found a little place to sit until everything started. Ritchie and I sat down with Zak in between us and the twins on our laps.

"Zaky play!"

"No Zak, we can't go play right now, buddy. Uncle Mikey is going to come over soon and show you what to do. Zaky has to be Uncle Mikey's big boy."

"No! Zaky play!"

He then looked down a began to pout, Ritchie and I both let out a sigh before opening up the baby bags.

"How about we have a snack?"

"Zaky want juice.."

I stood up, setting Cadence down next to Zak as I got out a bottle of juice for him and two bottles of milk for the twins. Ritchie and I fed the three of them before Mike came over to us.