In My Life

Chapter 6: In My Life

25 December 1966

Once again it was Christmas. This year I volunteered to host the annual Beatle-family Christmas. Bri and John had talked about having it, but seeing how handling two children was working for them I decided to take over for them. Ritchie really didn't want us to have it, more or less because he didn't want me to push myself since at the moment I was 5 months along. It was still strange thinking that I was carrying two babies instead of just one. Pregnancy was treating me a lot differently as well. I have more cravings, more fatigue, I'm more irritable, and of course, I feel more fat. I hated thinking how big I was going to be come the last month, but it was worth it. Within a few months my two little ones would be here; my other little boy and the little girl that Ritchie and I had dreamed of for years now.

Anyway, I had just put dinner in the oven. I looked over at Ritchie and Zak who was sitting by the Christmas tree playing with Zak's new toys. I couldn't help but smile at them. Ritchie looked over at me.

"Love, come over here with us. You three need to relax, you've been on the move since this morning."

"I'm coming, love." I smiled as I walked over and sat on the couch next to them.

"Mummy!" Zak looked at me and held up his toy.

"Hi my little boy! You havin' fun with Daddy?"

He nodded and smiled. "Daddy!"

Ritchie smiled as he moved closer to me and kissed me. "You really need your rest."

I let out a sigh. "Love, I'm fine. Really. We're fine."

He sat in front of me as he lifted my shirt up exposing my pregnant belly. Lightly he pressed as kiss to it. "I just worry about you and our little ones.."

Zak crawled over until he looked at Ritchie then pointed at my stomach. "Baby?"

"Yes, that's your baby brother and sister." Ritchie picked up Zak and sat him in his lap.

I smiled at Zak before I ran my hand across my bare stomach. I closed my eyes before feeling two kicks, I quickly opened my eyes back up.

"They kicked? Oh I want to feel!" Ritchie put his hand on my stomach and waited. "C'mon, princess, please kick for Daddy.. I've been waiting for this for so long.." He kissed the side of my stomach. "Please baby girl.."

After a good minute I felt the kicks again. Ritchie had the biggest smile on his face. "That's my little girl! Oh, I'm so proud of you!"

"You know, Ritch, that could have been our little boy..you never know.."

He shrugged. "Yeah..but still I'm so proud of them."

Zak looked at Ritchie, pulled onto his shirt then pointed at my stomach again. "Daddy, baby?"

He nodded. "Yes buddy, that's two babies." He helped Zak stand up. "Can you give your brother and sister a kiss for me? Just like this." Ritchie kissed my stomach before looking at Zak. "Now can you do it?"

Zak held onto Ritchie as he leaned forward and kisses my stomach lightly. "Baby!"

I smiled, picked him up and kissed him. "I love you so much, Zaky."

He giggled as he reached for me. I lay him on my chest, he gets himself comfortable; sitting down on my bump and laying his head on me. He stuck his thumb in his mouth before closing his eyes.

"I see someone's tired.."

Ritchie stood up and sat next to me. He wrapped his arm around me, kissing me lightly. "I love you so much, Pam."