Girl

Chapter 25: Girl

7 July 1969

Things have been going a bit steady with the lads. There's still stress, but no major blow ups lately. Thank goodness. John had started releasing his own music and the rest of the lads have started doing things on their own. Who knows how much longer they'll be together for.

On the bright side, it was once again Ritchie's birthday. He didn't want to do much, so we just had a nice quiet day at home. He was currently outside with James and Cadence while Zack and I were making lunch and finishing Ritchie's birthday cake.

"No, I wanna do the sprinkles Mummy."

"Okay kiddo, not too much now." I said as I gave Zak the sprinkles.

He took the bottle and shook the sprinkles all onto the cake before turning to me. "All done!"

"That's perfect, Dad will love his cake." I smiled at him as I ruffled his hair. Soon the phone rang and Zak climbed down from his little stool.

"I get it!" He said as he ran into the living room.

"Okay honey, thank you."

"Uncle Paulie!" Zak said giggling into the phone.

I walked over to him as I tried to grab the phone. "Zak, honey, let me talk to him."

"No! Mine!" He pushed my hand away and held onto the phone! "I'll tell them! Bye bye!" With that he hung up climbed down from the couch.

"Zak, what did Uncle Paul say?"

"Auntie Kate had baby. We go visit them."

"They had the baby! I finally have a niece!" I smiled and rushed outside to Ritchie and the twins. "Ritch! Paul and Kate had the baby! C'mon, I want to go meet my niece!"

"Did they? Good for them! It took Macca long enough." He then took the twins' hands and brought them inside.

The five of us sat down at the table and ate lunch. Zak looked over at us then at the door.

"When we go see Uncle Paulie?"

"We'll go soon, kiddo. We want to give Uncle Paul and Aunt Kate time with the baby before we come."

Cadence's head shot up as she looked over at Ritchie.

"Baby? Me baby!"

Zak shook his head and turned to her. "No, Uncle Paulie has baby!"

"No! Me baby!"

"Me baby!" James yelled out at Zak.

Soon the three of them just kept arguing over who's the baby, it was kind of cute, really.

"Kiddos, kiddos." I stood up, kissed each of their foreheads and smiled.

"You three are mummy and daddy's babies, but Uncle Paulie and Auntie Kate have a baby now too."

The three of them just smiled and went back to eating their lunch. Once we finished eating, I cleaned up the kids as Ritchie cleared off the table.

"Alright, lunch is over. Now let's get going, I want to meet the baby." I said as I searched for the car keys.

"You're very excited. More excited than I expected you to be."

"I'm sorry.. I've just waited so long for one of my brothers to have a baby so I can have a niece or nephew."

"Don't apologise, love. I'm rather excited to go meet the little one as well." Ritchie said with a smile. "C'mon kids, let's head to the hospital."

With that we all got into the car and drove to the hospital. When we arrived we found out which room they were in and the five of us walked in

"Hello you three." I said smiling.

"Pammy, Rings, you're here! We'd like to introduce you all to little Mary McCartney." Paul said beaming. I've never seen him this proud.

Kate looked up at me. "Pam, would you like to hold your niece?"

I nodded lightly as she was passed to me. "You named her Mary?" I looked down at her as I wiped my eyes a bit. "Mum would have loved it.. She would have loved her.."

Paul let out a small sigh and a smile. "I wish she could have met all of our kids, but I know she's watching.. It's still just so hard to believe my little girl's here."

"And she came on Uncle Ringo's birthday." Kate chimed in.

Ritchie smiled and looked over at her. "I'm so happy to share my birthday with my beautiful little niece."

"Actually, with that we have a question." Paul smiled. "We were wondering if you two would be her godparents too?"

Ritchie and I both looked at each other before turning back to them with a smile.

"We'd love to.. Thank you for asking us."

"Of course, we couldn't imagine her having anyone else be her godparents." Kate said smiling.

I smiled back at her and looked over at the kids. "We'll let you three have some time. Come on kiddos, tell Uncle Paul, Aunt Kate and your little cousin goodbye."

Zak and James said their goodbyes and came over to us. Then there was Cadence. She just sat on Paul's lap looking at Mary.

"I stay with baby."

I went over and picked her up. "We have to go sweetie. We'll see the baby again soon."

She held onto me tightly and waved to Mary. "Otay..bye baby.."

Paul smiled and looked between the two of them. "I feel like our girls will be close."

"I think so. It'll be good for them to have each other. Bye big brother, we'll see you all soon."

Ritchie gave a nod as he took my hand. "Congrats again to both of you."

"Thank you." Paul and Kate said smiling as they looked down at Mary.

With that we all left and went back home. Once we got inside the kids ran over to the gifts we had for Ritchie and Zak pointed at the cake.

"We have daddy's cake now?"

I smiled and turned to Ritchie. "What do you say, baby, you ready for birthday cake?"

"I am."

Soon we all sat down and had the birthday cake. After running around outside for a while we all settled into the living room to watch a movie. Ritchie and I sat on both ends of the couch with the kids snuggled up between us.

"Thank you four so much for the perfect birthday. I love you all very much." Ritchie said.

"We love you too daddy."

I smiled as I leaned over and kissed him lightly. "And I love you too, happy birthday baby."