Every Little Thing

Chapter 2: Every Little Thing

5 March 1966

1966 already seems to be a great year so far. Ritchie and I had just celebrated our one year wedding anniversary; I can't believe it's been a year already, it seems like only yesterday I met him. Now we're happily married with a handsome little 6 month old boy. Speaking of, my baby boy just turned 6 months, he's getting so big.

Other than the three of us the rest of the hang is doing well. Geo and Grace have been married for almost two months and I've never seen them happier. John, Bri and little Rydel are doing well. That little girl is really growing up and she's very much taking after her parents. And as for my brother, he's doing well. He spends a lot of time watching Zak, which makes me happy.

Anyway, was a nice relaxing day. The lads had the day off and Paul had taken Zak for a bit, which gave Ritchie and I some alone time. Ritchie was taking a shower while I was in our little studio in the house. Paul had written a song for the new album in which they decided will have a French horn playing in it. And guess who gets to play that for the song? This girl.

I practiced the part a few times, trying to figure out how exactly it will go with the vocals and all. Of course I had never done this with Paul before so I mostly had to guess and sing it on my own.

"You want her, you need her
And yet you don't believe her when she said her love is dead
You think she needs you."

And from there I went on and played, not hearing Ritchie come in.

"And in her eyes you see nothing
No sign of love behind the tears
Cried for no one
A love that should have lasted ye-"

"What's this song supposed to mean, love? Did you write it?"

I quickly turned around to see him.

"Oh, hello baby. No, this isn't mine. Paul wrote it. I just have to learn this French horn part for it. I'm trying to get the feel of it."

He nodded and sat next to me. "I swear you play almost every instrument, love. This is more your studio than mine. All I have in here is me drum equipment."

I let out a light laugh, smiling at him as I put my instrument away. "I don't play every instrument. I still need to learn the saxophone and tuba, then I'll be pleased with myself."

He smiled, wrapping his arms around me. "You know, it's strange how quiet the house is with the baby gone"

"It is, I miss our little boy, but I know Paul loves taking him for the day."

"He does, he'll make a great father when he finds a girl and settles down."

I nodded, closing my eyes lightly. We really needed this.

The two of us were enjoying the silence until we heard banging on the front door. Ritchie moved his arms as I stood up.

"I'm coming!"

The knocking continued, becoming louder and quite frankly more annoying.

"Bloody hell! I said I'm coming!"

I quickly opened the door to see Bri standing there.

"Pam! I'm so glad you're home! I have news."

"Come in, Bri, please. I could tell by the knocking that you're excited, what's going on?"

She gave me a wide smile. "John and I are having another baby, I'm pregnant again!"

"Brianna! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!"

She wrapped me in a tight hug before pulling away. "Thank you! I told John this morning and so I had to come talk to you before I went over to get Rydel from George's. I hear the house is quiet, Paul have the baby again?"