I Will

Chapter 24: I Will

9 May 1969

A lot has went on since the lads' rooftop concert. John and Bri started doing bed-ins for peace, the lads attempted to sign a new management contract with Allen Klein, and Ritchie went and started filming a new movie with Peter Sellers called The Magic Christian. The movie filming has honestly been one of the only positive events that have went on. I know Ritchie needed a break from the band to do that. But with the band and the attempt at signing the new contract, the four of them have been as stressed as can be.

On a more positive note: this weekend Ritchie, myself, the kids, Paul and Kate are heading up to Paul and I's home in Scotland. Ritchie and I are finally going to renew our vows. I'm beyond excited that we get to go do this. It brings some light into our lives during this rough time.

Currently Ritchie was going off on one of his tangents about The Beatles drama.. Between he and Paul, this wasn't anything new.

"We went to go sign the new management contract with Allen and your brother wouldn't sign it! He and John argued about it the whole time. I don't get why he's fighting it."

"I know, we just got off the phone. If I'm being honest I don't blame him, I wasn't too fond that you signed it. It may just be Paul and I, but Allen gives me this strange vibe. I can't describe it."

He shook his head, plopping down on the couch next to me. "Well we need someone to manage us. And you and Paul are being stubborn again."

"We aren't stubborn and the contract doesn't matter right now, what does is that we're renewing our vows this weekend." I smiled as I grabbed onto Ritchie's hands and wrapped them around my waist.

"We are.." He pulled me close to him as he kissed me deeply. "I can't believe we've been married for almost 5 years.."

Zak came running downstairs, dragging his little suitcase behind him. "I ready to go to Scotwand! Let's go!" He said, running towards the door.

Ritchie went over and picked him up. "Thank you for packing your toys for the trip, little man, but we're not leaving until tomorrow.

"Awe man.." He said looking down a bit.

I walked over to the two of them and smiled. "But starting tomorrow we get to spend a few days there with Uncle Paul, Aunt Kate and Martha."

Both of the twins turned to us, their little eyes all lit up. "Puppy!"

Ritchie and I both giggled as we picked them up. "Come on kiddos, it's getting late. Bath time then off to bed, we have a big day tomorrow."

10 May 1969

We had made it up to Scotland early this morning, it was great to be back up here again. Ritchie and I had just finished getting the kids changed into their clothes for the ceremony when we heard a car pull up.

"Unca Paulie! Auntie Kate!" Cadence and James yelled as they ran outside. We rushed after them to see both of them and Martha getting out of the car.

"Hello you three!" Paul said as he kneeled down to hug the kids. "How're you kiddos?"

"We good!"

"Puppy!" James yelled as he ran over to Martha.

Paul smiled and let out a small laugh. "I think you two ought to consider getting yourselves a dog. Anyway, we're going to talk for a few minutes, we'll meet you inside in a bit."

The two of them went to the backyard as Kate, the kids, Martha and I went inside.

"How are you feeling? I'm sorry you two had to come all the way out here for this."