Ch.4 Do You Have a Name

Picture of Aiden/his wolf on the side-------------------------------------------->

Aiden's P.O.V. (2 hours before dark)

".......When I lay down my head to sleep at night,

My dreams consist of thangs that'll make you run and hide,

Don't let me in your tower,

Show me your magic powers,

I'm not afraid of facing little bit of danger, danger......"

-Lyrics of Wonderland by Natalia Kills (recommended song)

"Aiden, hurry up and move your butt down here!", screams my mom.

"Coming, Mom!", I yell back.

Today is my twentieth birthday and I plan on spending it in style. Party, alcohol, hot chicks; you name it. Every one in the pack is invited, since I'm to be Alpha soon.

I'm still in the bathroom putting on my clothes, and putting gel in my hair. In the mirror, I get a good look at myself. My hair is black and my eyes are a dull gray. My pack is super rich, so I've got to look good. Besides, I might find my mate.

I was suppose to find my mate at sixteen, but I still haven't found her. My parents want me to find her, but I don't want to be tied down. Unfortunately for me, my father picked a female from our pack to be the next Luna. That means yours truly with have to mate and mark someone I don't love.

I am a full grown adult, so why should I be forced to marry the pack slut. Yes, that is her dirty little secret; a point my family conveniently turned a blind eye to. My pack is known for being the strongest in this part of America, so I'm expected to uphold that image for the next generation. All of this put on my shoulders.

Sighing, I walk out of my room to down stairs. Mom stands at the bottom; hand on her hips. Her blond hair is put in a side pony-tail, and she is wearing a red strapless, cocktail dress. She has my gray eyes, but that is all we have in common. My mom was a BIG supporter to this forced mating because her best friend is my chosen's mother. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but she is not a good mother role model. Partying is her favorite thing to do every night. Dad also turns a blind eye to her misdoings too. Predictable.

"Aiden, get your butt down here. We have been waiting forever for you to get your body in motion! Your party starts in an hour, and besides there is going to be some serious partying. When you get there, go find Nicky. She's been waiting to see you!" , Mother says, grabbing my shoulders and pushing me out the door.

Nicky is my chosen mate and next in line to be Luna. I know she is just using me to get a higher tittle in the pack. To tell you the truth, she is just a sucking leech. Desperate to suck on the highest bitter, in this case its me. The unfortunate idiot that has to put up with her for the rest of my life. Not going to happen!

In the car, Dad sits in the driver's seat like a robot. I'm not even sure he is breathing. I get my hair and features from my dad, but I get my own attitude from myself. Mom is always to busy with herself, than to actually take care of her child like she needed to all those years ago. She left me with babysitter after babysitter, during most of my childhood. Dad didn't say a word, not even when I begged him to stay with me. I guess you could say that I don't really have parents, only selfish children put in place for a Mom and Dad.

In the pack, Mom is really the Alpha. She controls my father, while he just minds his own business. An Alpha is meant to rule as leader with backbone, my father has none. That just leaves myself to wipe away the mark her left on the pack. I will not be shoved to the side and let myself be taken advantage of by someone of a low class.