Ch.9 Sneak Attack 2

Vixen's P.O.V.

  With my sword in hand, I raced back to the house. Its firmiller weight was easily balanced. It was a Katana sword, mostly used by the Samurai. The blade was two foot long and was deadly. Engraved in the silver hilt were a three words; Love, faith, protect. For it was not the goal of the Samurai to kill in vengeance, but to protect the weak and the ones the ones they loved. Honor, a simple idea, but useless to many.

 The trees rushed past me in a blur and the wind whispered its secrets into the valleys. It was beautiful, for it had not been touched by mankind. The stars twinkled above and the land shined below. In the distance, a massive house glowed with lights. In truth, this was the third house I have ever been into. My original home, Chloe's house, and now this one. 

  Deep down, I was scared. What would they do when they saw me, would the try to kill me or would they run me off? On the doorstep I hesitated, I was free. Did I really want to live here with my mate. No, I couldn't call him that or I might get attached. Aiden.....would he leave me to? It had been so many years since I let someone into my heart and I am determined to not let anyone in it.

  Stealing myself for the hate, I opened into the door and went inside. I could hear the other pack members talking in the living room. Quietly, I snuck closer so I could hear more clearly.

"- not going to happen. Nicky is his true mate, that dirty rogue has got him under her spell. If its the last thing I do, her dead body will be hanging in a tree by the boarder!", growled a female voice. Most likely his mother. Interesting, she isn't dead. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"But Alpha, didn't you see how he looked at her. How could she not be his mate?", asked a male.

"Marcus, you or an omega. You have no right to speak! So, I recommend you shut up and remember your place.", growled Aiden's mother. Where's his dad, is he not the one that is Alpha?

 From my hidden location, I could hear whining. Now that ticked me off royally. You don't treat another person like that, no matter there rank. My anger was rising with ever cry, and I could feel my eyes turn red. Clenching my fist to my sides, I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. My teeth were grinding against each other trying to prevent words of venom from leaking out. I had to get away.

 Turning around, I ran up the stairs into Aiden's room. His scent keep me calm and a pure came from my wolf. What was I thinking, I didn't belong here. I didn't belong anywhere, not at my family home, not in the woods. Just thinking about my mother made me sad. I remember her dark red hair blowing slightly in the wind when we took walks around the city. Her eyes glowed with love, unlike my father. His had always shown with annoyance when he was with me.

 Sitting down next to the window, I put my sword in my lap. It was dirty and needed to be scrubbed. I put it down on the floor and ran to the bathroom. I grabbed a washcloth and went back to my sword. Though dirty, the silver handle shined. Smiling to myself, I started to clean the blade. Chloe had always lectured on how I needed to keep my sword clean. She would go on and on about how a dirty weapon could get the user killed. Oh, how she made me want to freeze time and stay with her forever.

  I didn't relies I was crying until a stay tear hit the newly cleaned blade. I had only cried four times since I left. But still, every time I did it was surprising. I prided myself to be above showing weakness, and yet here I was crying in a stranger's room.

 When someone turned the door handle, I was instantly up and had pointed the tip at the intruder. It didn't matter that I was crying, I would fight if I needed to. Looking up, I say it was Aiden. He was sating at the tip of my blade with shock. Bet he didn't think I had one.

 "I come in peace! Don't hurt the Alpha.", Aiden says.

I slowly lowered the weapon and slid it into its sheath. It was worn hard leather and had a black tie on it.

"Vixen....I want to ask you some questions.", Aiden said.

Shaking my head, I waited.

Would I tell him who and what I was?

 Would I tell him about my curse........... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Vote and Comment! :)