Ch.22 Men Don't Ask For Directions

Vixen's P.O.V.

"Listen up I'm gonna tell you a bit about myself,

I got a situation aint concerning nobody else,

Just you,

and what you can do for me....."

                                                         -lyrics to Obsession by Sky Ferreira  

When the plane landed, everything went down hill from there. I got tripped by a fat dude,  then we got into an argument, and then that lead me to tell him were he could put his foot. In the end, Aiden had to physically drag me away from him. So, all in all this trip hasn't been as bad as I expected. Aiden, on the other hand, is right now trying to give me a lecture about picking battles. I guess that brings us up to speed. Sighing, I only catch the last part on our "little talk".

"-now do you understand why what you did was stupid.", Aiden said. He looks at me with frustration and a very cute angry face. Yep, I know that shouldn't be the only thing I should get out of this, but I just can't help it that its there.

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.", I say, fake saluting him.

He growls and lunges for me, but I duck and he lands face first in dirt. Teach him to grow at me. I reach out a hand to help him up, but then the fool pulls me down with him. Well, I guess I deserve that.......not! Mumbling about how males suck, I get up and grab my bag. We landed in Nepal about an hour ago, and we still don't know were to start. 

I look around, and see like six people looking at us like we have lost our mind. I wasn't really bothered, but Aiden tried make a quick get away with me. He grabbed my hand and pulled us next to the secluded bathrooms.

"Aiden, you sure do have a horrible idea on romance. Really, this is what you came up with." I asked him.

"Vixen, we do not need to draw attention to ourselves. Okay, so have to make a game plan. Really, how hard can it be to find the world's largest mountains?", Aiden answers.

I just shake my head at him. My life got a whole bunch more complicated when Aiden came into my life. Oh well, not his fault he was mated to a supper awesome, kick-butt, ninja.

"Aiden, don't you think it would be smarter to ask, I don't know.......a native or something. Aiden! You come back here!" I yell as he walks away. Running, I manage to catch up to him.

"We don't need to ask directions. I got this.", he said.

"Are you crazy! We need help and besides, we don't have that much time left. Hello, we have to kill the mother of all the big, bad, and uglies! Peddle to the metal, dude!" , I say to Aiden. God, this boy's head is so thick, I can't get anything past his thick skull. 

"I know that, but have got to trust me on this. What happened to having faith in me?", Aiden asked, still walking in the wrong direction.

"I do have faith in you, but I can't take chances. You know....Ouch!.....Hey you! Watch were you are going!", I got interrupted by a fat women with a tie-dye purse. The jerk pushed me roughly to the side, so she could get were she was going. I hate humans.

"Are you okay?", looking over me with worried eyes. I just mumble under my breath a yes and then a stream of curses. Aiden hugs me and places a soft kiss on my forehead. It would of been perfect, if the women didn't turn toward me and flip me the bird. 

Oh, no she didn't, growled my wolf.

I stepped away from Aiden and stormed off in the direction of the fat lady. She had a smug look on her face, but I was going to wipe it off her. I stepped so that I was inches from her face and, growled, "You will regret that."

The women paled and tried to step away, but I wasn't having it. Aiden, always the peacekeeper, kept yelling at me it isn't worth it.

"Vixen, don't do this, love. We don't have time to waste.", he reasoned. I growled at her, but knew she was right. With one last hateful look, I walked away. Aiden ran up to me, watching to make sure I didn't do something I would regret.

"I'm fine. Lets just get out of here.", I said through gritted teeth. He nodded and grabbed my hand.

Aiden's P.O.V.

What was with these people today?! I looked over at Vixen and winced from the pure anger in her eyes. I have to get her out of here. I pulled her along the road, looking for any road maps to give us a clue to where we were going. I admit, Vixen's idea is much better than my sense of direction. I just don't want to do it because men just don't ask for directions and I don't see anyone that looks friendly.

So we walked down the road for what seemed like two hours. Vixen hadn't said a word the whole time, but she did grumble here and there. It was almost dark when Vixen let go of my hand.

"We can't keep doing this. Aiden, I am going to flag someone over so they can give up directions"

"Love, I know what I'm doing. There is no need to bring a stranger into this."

"Oh, really. So, tell my mister-I-am-the-king-of-direction-and-I-am-the-all-knowing-compass, where are we?"

"Um.....we are......um....somewhere......um....uh...", I started.

"Yes, that was all I needed to know.", Vixen said, before getting beside the road and waving down cars.

It took about thirty minutes, but finally a old pick-up truck pulled over. The window rolled down, and we came face to face with the oldest guy I have ever seen. Wrinkles, upon wrinkles, layered his face, seemed to be etched there for eternity. The guy was bold with deeply tanned skin. His eyes glowed sky blue, the only thing that made him stand out.

"Hello, there. What can I do for you kids?" his voice was smooth, but raspy at the same time. I don't know why, but this guy made all my warning bells go off. Something wasn't right about him. Vixen, when I looked over, didn't look like she trusted him much either.

"Hello, we need directions. How do we get to the closest town from here?", she asked.

The man laughed, the sound friendly, but something lay underneath it. "Town is about an hour north from here by car. Don't know about walk' in,. Hey, why don't I give you a lift there?"

Vixen looked at me and a silent message passed between us. This guy was bad news, but we didn't have much choice. Vixen looked at me and I gave a nod. Both of us would tred carefully around this dude.

I climbed in, Vixen right behind me. Of we went down the highway with a old guy that we had bad feelings about.

"So you kids have any friends down here?" he asked trying to start a conversation.

"No.", I replied curtly.

"Where are you guys heading?", He asked.

"Nowhere." Vixen answered. The rest of the car ride went like that, him asking and us evading. Finally, we made it there. The old guy pulled over and we got out. When I looked back, the guy was smiling evilly. His eyes seemed to change color, but I shook the thought away. \

He smelt human, but we didn't take any chances. Together, we held hands and ran to get away from that guy.

In the distance, the old guy smiled, revealing sharp canines......  

_______________________________________________________________________________

Vote and Comment! :D