Ch. 13 Can't Live without You

Aiden's P.O.V.

"...They say before you start a war,

You better know what you're fight' in for,

Well baby you're all that I adore,

If love is what you need,

a solider I will be,

I'm an angle with a shotgun...."

-Lyrics to Angel With a Shotgun by The Cab

In wolf form, I ran through the woods I knew by heart. If she was here I would find her. We were so worried, my wolf and I. There was little trace of her and very little traces of her scent. I couldn't bare to live without her, she was my mate, my Luna, my everything. I can't forgive myself, I let her go out the front door without a word. When I find her, she will never leave my side again. I would give my life to protect her, and all be damned, I would kill any one that tried to hurt her.

I swerved in an out of trees, faster and faster I forced my paws to move. When I passed another tree, something amazing happened. The forest and sky became aglow with all the colors of the rainbow. It was so bright it was blinding. Then a worrier cry that could of made a grown man pea his pants, hit me like a sonic wave. I was thrown ten feet back into another unforgiving tree. On impact, my rib fractured and my hip was bruised black.

That cry. It was my love, Vixen. I had to go and find her, who ever hurt her will have hell to pay when I get ahold of him. I forced myself to stand and run toward the direction of her scream. I flew past all the obstacles in my way. Nothing will stop me from getting to her.

The pain forced me to move slower than what I wanted, but my determination keep me going. When I got there, I couldn't look away. Blood and fur litter the place of massacre, but what really scared me was that some of it was Vixen's . A few yards from the giant lake was a scene so horrible, I almost threw-up. A beast that I assumed was the Lycan, was now mutilated so bad it wasn't recognizable. Its flesh was cut from its bone, and was lying around everywhere. His eyes were still attached in it's skull, but they were wide open. Glassy and lifeless, they still showed massive fear. By God, did Vixen do this?

Several yards from the murder site, laying face down in the damp Earth, was Vixen. Covering head to toe, she was covered in blood. I race to her side and turned back into a human. I flipped her over and cradled her in my arms. The scratch on her arm had hit so deep, her bone was clearly visible. Blood had made a puddle around her, her blood. I listened for her breath, but none came. No air entered or exited her body.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! OUR MATE CANT BE DEAD! NOOOO!, screamed my wolf. He was hysteric, the fear was evident in his voice.

I was breathing in sob filled gasps. Raising two fingers, I pressed them against her wrist checking for a pulse. There was none.

"Please, by god, don't let this be true. WHY, OH WOLF GODDESS! Dare not say this is to be her fate! Take my life, but spare hers. She is my light, my only. Oh, cruel fate do not reek upon me with cold hands. Beseech her life not to the land of the dead. By god, bring her back to the living! NOOOOOO!,", I yelled to the heavens. She lay there in my arms, unmoving and unresponsive. She had lost to much blood to live.

With tears running down my checks, I lifted her body and ran back to the pack house. There had to be something they could do, for we weren't meant to end like this. In agony, I screamed the unfairness of the world. Vixen, with hair of flame and eyes of glowing purple, lives no more.

Or does she?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cliff Hanger! Didn't exspect that, did ya!? The emotion, the desisions to be made, the struggle. This story is getting more intresting by the minute. Is she really dead or has she faught her last battle? Vote and Comment! Keep reading and find out the next twist in the plot I have in store. HA, HA, HA! (evil laugh) :D

- SoapBubblePrincess