Ch. 23 Akward Sleepover

Vixen's P.O.V.

It was night when we got into the main part of town. The smell of exotic spices lingered in the warm air, very different from the smell I was used to. I have never been in a big city before, the stars clouded by pollution. Natives, some in rags and some in suits, walked past us in busy streets. The sun had set hours ago, but I didn't want to stop. We had to stop the Lykens before all was lost. I, for one, didn't want to fight them, but we didn't have much choice.

Oh, well. If they didn't get the message, I personally would be happy to remind them. Aiden, didn't speak as we passed old buildings or a small business. I was surprised, I had truly expected to hear at least one complaint. Aiden let me lead us through the streets, wordlessly. I felt sorry for him, being dragged away from his pack because of his loyalty he had to his mate.

It wasn't my fault, but I did feel guilty. The wolf goddess gave this burden to me, for me to bare. And Aiden..... it just didn't feel right to put him in danger. My wolf growled at the thought. That boy didn't know how fight, let alone kill. 

I stopped and turned to face Aiden.  "Aiden, why are you coming with me?"

"What do you mean?' he asked.

'I mean why did you even come?", I asked.

"Vixen, you are my mate. Why wouldn't I be here?", his voice laced with confusion.

"Don't say that, Aiden. You have a pack that needs you, and you really didn't need to come. Your life isn't worth risking, to do this with me."

"You're wrong! I need you as much as you need me. Vixen, love,.....I would give my life to be with you. I.....I-I....loveyou." he mumbles.

"What did you just say?", I said, shock shown on my face. Did he really just admit that he loves me? Me, as in the unloved, murdering rogue.

Sighing, he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the closest hotel. 

"Whoa, there boy! I don't do this type of thing!" I yelled.

"I wasn't thinking that, smarty-pants. I'm just tired and you were taking to long.", he said, still dragging my reluctant body.

 My wolf laughs at my stupidity. Yep, embarrassed is an under statement. A red hot blush colors my checks, making shake with laughter. Darn it! God Vixen, why did you even say anything, I mentally slap myself.

I look up at the large main entrance doors and the hanging lights, and decide this was a bad idea. I don't like being social, so this is really not a place for me. I try to get out of Aiden's death grip, but he wouldn't ease up.

At the front desk, a slender native woman plays with her bright blue nails. Each of them is about two inches long, damn. Those things could kill a grown man, if her cleavage didn't blind them first. This woman had a chest that was practically busting out of her work shirt. When we walked up, she turned a thousand watt smile on her next victim, Aiden.

Making sure she bent over so he could get a good view down her shirt, she  asked, "hello, how can I help you?"

Aiden, stupid boy he was, smiled at her with his dimples showing. "We need a room. Can you help us with getting one?" 

She turned her attention to me for this first time, the look of disgust clearly showing in her eyes. Turning back to MY MATE, she said," Oh, I would be happy to help you with anything you wanted." Really, did she just put emphasis on those words. This woman was a total slut, but she had the nerve to make a move on him when I was right here!

"We just need a room. I'm sure we wouldn't need your services." I interrupted, before Aiden could reply.

Huffing, she grabbed a key and handed it to Aiden. Her hand lingered longer than necessary, and I couldn't help that a growl came out of me. Oh, I was soooooooo ready to climb over the desk and punch her in the face, but Aiden grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the elevator. 

Are room was on the second floor, and the ride up was full of tension. I was going to kill Aiden! He didn't even stop her, the darn guy probably enjoyed ever minute of it! I growled and debated to go back there to teach her not to mess with me. The door opened and we walked down the hall way.

I didn't say a word, but Aiden kept looking at me with worried eyes. Yes, I was angry and who wouldn't be?! The jerk didn't even stop her, so he wasn't on my good list right now. In fact, he was on my hit list. Oh, I will am going to give him a piece of my mind!

Aiden unlocked the door and I almost screamed out loud.

There was only one bed in the whole room.

This is not happening.

No freaking way! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

     Sorry, for the really long over due update! I have been really busy. Well, Vote and comment! :D