Ch.17 New Leader

Aiden's P. O.V.

*P.O.V.s move back and forth a lot!!!!!*

"...It's like your always there in the corners of my mind,

I see your silhouette every time I close my eyes,

There must by poison in those fingertips of yours,

cause I keep coming back for more...."

-Lyrics to Trouble Maker by Ollie Muurs

I was in heaven, but one thing was missing, Vixen. The pack would now be ruled by me, but I had to leave. My crazy mate was going off to save our race, so I would go with her. I had almost lost her. Vixen, my everything. Now that everything was put right, it was now my responsibility to make sure it was kept that way. Since the fight, she stayed in my room wanting to be alone.

I didn't understand it. I had saved the day, but she didn't want anything to do with me. What have I done? I was torn, I let her live, but Vixen wanted her blood to coat my hands. Did I make the right choice by sparing Mother's life?

I push past the crowed of pack members, moving quickly up the stairs toward my room. I had to see what she was feeling. I love her, and it angers me to see her upset. I walk to the door and turned the knob.

Vixen's P.O.V. (Before Aiden walked in)

Stupid mutt! Aiden let her go. Did he ever think that she could back with more rogues?! ARGGGGGG! Darn it. Dumb Alpha! That was so stupid and could get his pack killed. Why did I get put with such a dumb fool?!

I paced back and forth on the carpet. Man, he just royally screwed us all. You should never let an enemy leave alive unless you can use them. Crazy, naïve boy! I was walking so fast that I didn't relies that Aiden had walked in.

"Vixen what's wrong? Why are you mad at me?", he says, watching me pace back and forth.

"You let her go. Do you not see the terrible consequences that you have paved your way towards. Aiden, I know she will come back for revenge! Don't you see how much danger you have put this pack in?!", I yelled, angry at his kind heart.

He tried to protest, but I cut him off. "Aiden, you are naïve to how cruel the real world can be. I know you couldn't live knowing you killed your mother, but you must relies she doesn't! You have out us all in danger, my god, do you even relies what you have now put in jeopardy because of you selfishness?! " I was panting hard, my anger getting the better of me.

Aiden stood there looking sad and pale. My wolf whimpered that we were being to hard on him, but he needed to know. I just want him to understand how this decision will effect us all.

"Vixen....you're right. I was stupid an selfish. My pack could be in danger now because of my decision. Oh, Vixen, what am I suppose to do now. We have to leave, but I can't leave them defenseless.", He said with his head in his hands. He looked so lost and sad.

I stopped my pacing and went up to him to give him a huge. I felt bad for I had yelled at him. He hugged me back with enough presser to comfort us both. I wouldn't admit this in the open, but I'm starting to get attached to him. He has a big heart of gold, but it was also his fatal flaw. Aiden needed to have someone to teach him that so time you just can't help someone. I sighed against his chest, enjoying every moment I was standing in his arms.

Aiden's P.O.V.

With her in my arms, I could forget my worries. She was my mate, and I loved her. Her scent filled my nose with the smell of peppermints and skittles. It was an odd combination, but I couldn't seem to get enough. Slowly, I lifted her face to look at mine. Vixen was so beautiful, my goddess. She could be a cold-hearted fighter, but she could also be a temptress without her even trying.

Like right now, her sultry lips formed a natural pout that could drive a man crazy. I couldn't look at them any long. I lowered mine to hers to mine, and sparks made of passion ignite. We kissed slowly at first, but our need turned into a frenzy. Her lips parted, allowing her access to her mouth. One of my hands made its way to the back of her neck and the other on her check. This was pure bliss, for if I died right now I would be a happy man. She was Heaven, a explosion of everything I wanted in my life.

A knock startled us. I growled and grumbled over to it and opened it to see the face of my Beta. He looked scared.

"Alpha, something happened. We need you to come down immediately. On our southern border, some of the pack encountered a beast. Six of us were injured, but we need reinforces. It plans to attack the pack house. ", he said shaking with fear.

Vixen pushed past me with sword in hand, and ran out the door. I fallowed close to her tail.

Around the pack house, people scrambled around trying to find shelter. The females and pups, went down into the underground storm shelter. I looked over at Vixen and saw the determined glint it her eye. She was on a mission and nothing could stop her.

Vixen's P.O.V.

What was it with these guys?! Every time I think I kill one, one fills it's place. My God, am I monster magnet or something! I ran full speed to ward the forest. Screams and cries came from all directions. People and wolves yelled in agony, sounds so blood curtailing, I would make to weak pee their pants. The beast it turned out was a mega bad-butt of a Lycan.

This one was the size of a skyscraper, with glowing yellow eyes and canines so large they stuck out past the creator's lips. Claws like knives, slashed anything in range this was a big job, but who else could do it.

I lifted my sword and charged the beast. I could hear Aiden shout my name, but I didn't dare look back. This was my fight and he didn't need to be involved. The Lycan tried to slash me with his claws, but I twirled in the air and cut a gagging wound up to its elbow.

It screamed in pain, and backed up. Bet this sucker didn't know that I could kick its sorry butt back to Hell! I ran to the back of his legs and slashed his main tendons. He beast dropped to it knees. Blood squirted from the wounds and it howls of pain shook the very forest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vote and Comment!